YM Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.2

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interviewer was a bit rude I found. Before I even sat down on the chair, the interviewer started asking me interview questions. The questions were not difficult - some fashion and design questions. They said there was going to be a test - which was 2 tasks. I finished them sent them within a week - after 1 month, I still have no response from HR or the interviewer. The experience with YM inc. was every unprofessional.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

First i had an interview with the store manager, then i had an interview with the regional director and district manager. Overall the process was very thorough but quick and relatively easy to complete. It is important to research the company in depth prior to the interview. I was happy with the process.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager asked me to come in for an interview right away. When I came in they were very punctual and made me feel comfortable. The questions weren't hard but on the occasion that I did answer one slightly incorrect they explained the answer and why that's the answer. Overall the experience was a 9/10.

Interview Questions

• You're working cash and dealing with a customer. Another customer comes in and asks for a fitting room. another then asks you to get a shirt down for them, there's a shipment that has just come in and they need you to open the door, finally someone else needs your help to find another size. In what order would you deal with this?   Answer Question

Inventory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was at best informal, to the point of unprofessional. The interview itself took place 30 minutes after the arranged time in the Food-Court. I waited around uncomfortably in the store for the District Manager to stop working the till, while simultaneously trying to finish her previous interview a deal with pressing customer service issues and get around to me. A clear indication of the lack of organization and little respect for anyones time or agenda. This attitude and lack of respect is pervasive throughout the company, this is not Facebook and the product is not Internet, so the corporate motto "Move fast and break things" should not apply.

Interview Questions

• All regarding my expectations, and therefor designed to lower my expectations, in an attempt to save money on HR   1 Answer

Social Media Specialist Interview

Interview

Extremely rude staff and unfriendly workplace. During my phone interview the girl kept questioning my experience and interrupting me (put me on hold when I was mid sentence). Very condescending...

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Got a call back within minutes of submitting my resume. Wincy asked questions pertaining to my degree. Then begins to rant on about how my degree was not relevant to the position. Lol. Question. Why would you call back an applicant if you knew this information. Did you not read my resume prior to calling, or are you illiterate. Just goes to show why this company has such horrible review. HR is a joke.

Interview Questions

• What year did you work for your previous employer?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Unorganized typical interview questions. They took weeks to make a decision which demonstrates how the company structure as a whole is setup. They are a real old-school company. Their ERP is still running on AS400 with no BI engine on it.

Innovation is welcomed but quickly stifled when cost is involved

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest issue with Icongo?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YM Inc..

Interview

You will receive a call from HR department or District sales manager and interview date and time will be set. If it is with the DM chances are he/she will cancel it few times before he/she will actual meet with you. Interview questions and length vary from DM to DM and doesn't seems to have an structure to strictly followed. Some DM's seems very knowledgeable and knows what they are talking about however many seems out to lunch at times during the interviews. Interview follow up is poor and often DM's will give you run around and won't give you the straight answer specially if they like you but have no position available. Also seems to be scared of upper management prior to approve you.

Negotiation

No negotiation was offer.

Ecommerce Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YM Inc. (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The VP of Marketing and Manager both seemed so clueless about how to manage the Urban Planet website. I went in for an interview but it turned into a consultation. They never had any intention of hiring me; they just wanted to pick my brain about how they can do a better job.

Interview Questions

• What can we do to make our website better?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YM Inc..

Interview

I handed in my resume, called back a week later and was called in for a job interview. We sat on a bench outside the store inside the mall, I was asked a series of questions while going over my resume, and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked whether or not I was prepared to have customers insult me on the job   Answer Question

Negotiation

Seeing as it was my first job, I wasn't in a position to negotiate.