YRC Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at YRC Worldwide

2.3

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wheeling, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Wheeling, IL) in July 2009.

Interview

On line application, interview, drug screen back round check, driveing test, 30 day probation

Negotiation

None, take it or leave it.

Service Center Manager Interview

Interview

head hunter informed me of position submitted resume had phone interview with two different management levels for on hour each session and was asked basic industry knowledge question of which i was no t only knowlwdgeable but very dtailed in my answers

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Memphis, TN) in September 2009.

Interview

One on one interviews with 3 different people (HR manager, hiring manager and Director of Ops). Phone interview with Area Director of Sales. Then final interview with hiring manager again. Talk about problems you have overcome in past positions. Talk about building relationships with clients and this is your strongest ability. Talk about selling value over price. Interviewing now will be very different since all the managers have changed positions or been let go.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you past accomplishments.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about closing a sale using value over price.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Stick to your guns because chances are they will ask you to take a pay cut at some time.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Kansas City, MO) in September 2010.

Interview

Roadway process for hiring was great. They weeded out the people who didn't know how to take online test, then you did a face to face interview with 2 managers. If you passed that you met with your manager.

AEM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide in July 2008.

Interview

Hiring process is long and tedious. There is a lot of red tape a potential candindate has to over come in order to get a chance. You really have to know some one to get to the next level. Your qualification does not matter but the key is to know an insider who can put a good for you.

Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Cheektowaga, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

My interview was very brief, no longer than 5 or 10 minutes. I was asked very basic questions, none that were specifically related to the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I didn't receive a phone call from YRC, I received a call from the temp agency (you are hired as a temporary employee to start and after 3-6 months you are evaluated for a full time position if there is one available.) Everyone starts at $11.50/hour, there is no negotiation.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2009.

Interview

Two interviews, multiple people

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to sacrifice quality to get the job done?   Answer Question

Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

filled out application online. was contacted 3 days later to come in for an interview. Interview consisted of an HR guy and a manager complaining about how much the job was going to suck. At the end, asked if I was still interested. A week later I received an offer via email

Interview Questions

• Its your first day after training and you see freight sitting on the dock. You walk up to a 55 yr old man that has worked here for 30yrs and tell him to move the freight. He looks at you an says" do it yourself". what do you do?   2 Answers

had a few questions that were not answered in the offer. Called and left a message for HR to call me. An hour later was called back by the terminal manager who not only didn't answer any questions but berated me for not immediately accepting the offer.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Overland Park, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

YRC had a booth set up at my school's career fair so I spoke to them, didn't hear back for a month and a half - two months. They did a brief phone interview and then scheduled me for a 2 hour interview. Spoke to four people, 3 managers and the VP of pricing. 30 minutes each. Honestly all of them were really great people. They described the job and what's expected out of you day 1, no training. I thought my interview went really, really well. And then promptly did not hear ANYTHING back from them. I emailed all of them thanking them for the interview and even followed up again essentially asking if they had made a decision. They told me they would know within a week. Well, it's been about a month since the interview and I've heard nothing. So in my opinion they lack punctuality.

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide.

Interview

Initially interviewed with mamager. No talent in interviewing, read off script. Kind of embarrassed for her to be honest. Not within her skill set. Then her manager who also lacks social skills talks to you. I'm guessing most of their time is,spent under a rock.bj