YRC Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.4

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Overland Park, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

YRC had a booth set up at my school's career fair so I spoke to them, didn't hear back for a month and a half - two months. They did a brief phone interview and then scheduled me for a 2 hour interview. Spoke to four people, 3 managers and the VP of pricing. 30 minutes each. Honestly all of them were really great people. They described the job and what's expected out of you day 1, no training. I thought my interview went really, really well. And then promptly did not hear ANYTHING back from them. I emailed all of them thanking them for the interview and even followed up again essentially asking if they had made a decision. They told me they would know within a week. Well, it's been about a month since the interview and I've heard nothing. So in my opinion they lack punctuality.

Social Media Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Overland Park, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then asked a friend of mine to follow up with the HR department, which he did.

I received an invite for a panel (phone) interview. It felt like a "favor" interview as my referral was a co-worker of theirs with a title. We went about 45 minutes, with about 30 of that being focused on the job itself. No chance for follow-up questions from me, which tells me a lot about how they view candidates. To YRC, it's not a 2-party thing, it's all about them finding a body. After the interview, I followed up with Thank You notes, which went unreturned. Par for the course-- unprofessional. I never did get a yes/no, but after a month, I left them in the rear view mirror. By that point, I had no desire to work with/for them. Meanwhile, they post on Social Media about being all about their employees, about the great culture, about how they want to be an employer of choice.

My impression of their HR team was that they were disengaged, most likely underqualified, and possibly stretched too thin. After all, we started the call with hearing about all the stress of constant change, managerial changes, reorganizations, and yes-- how they were below market in terms of compensation. Not very flattering.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of your usage of Social Media tools and how you leveraged them to influence Recruiting?   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide.

Interview

Initially interviewed with mamager. No talent in interviewing, read off script. Kind of embarrassed for her to be honest. Not within her skill set. Then her manager who also lacks social skills talks to you. I'm guessing most of their time is,spent under a rock.bj

Service Center Manager Interview

Interview

head hunter informed me of position submitted resume had phone interview with two different management levels for on hour each session and was asked basic industry knowledge question of which i was no t only knowlwdgeable but very dtailed in my answers

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Overland Park, KS) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through indeed. Got a phone call from the hiring mgr. of the department asking for a quick 20 minute conversation over the phone about resume,etc. Suggested to come in for an person interview the following week. The interview was basic, interviewed with two people ( Procurement Director and Procurement Mgr ). Just basic questions about your experiences with software applications, project management, schooling, certifications, etc. Great experience overall. Waiting for a call back as they wrap up interviews.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Harrisburg, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

filled out application online. was contacted 3 days later to come in for an interview. Interview consisted of an HR guy and a manager complaining about how much the job was going to suck. At the end, asked if I was still interested. A week later I received an offer via email

Interview Questions

• Its your first day after training and you see freight sitting on the dock. You walk up to a 55 yr old man that has worked here for 30yrs and tell him to move the freight. He looks at you an says" do it yourself". what do you do?   2 Answers

had a few questions that were not answered in the offer. Called and left a message for HR to call me. An hour later was called back by the terminal manager who not only didn't answer any questions but berated me for not immediately accepting the offer.

Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Cheektowaga, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

My interview was very brief, no longer than 5 or 10 minutes. I was asked very basic questions, none that were specifically related to the position I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I didn't receive a phone call from YRC, I received a call from the temp agency (you are hired as a temporary employee to start and after 3-6 months you are evaluated for a full time position if there is one available.) Everyone starts at $11.50/hour, there is no negotiation.

Senior Revenue Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Cheektowaga, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

very professional, questions were simple, asked about benefits and pay rate, 2 people were interviewing me - one was a team lead the other was the head boss, talk about my past work experiences for a while

Interview Questions

• what was my expected pay rate   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Weights and Inspections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Basic questions about the Weights and Inspections process. Phone interview first then followed by a one on one interview by the manager. W&I department is great but the company is not a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was simple, they are very limited in the resources they can offer you.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide in February 2011.

Interview

Straightforward application, review, and interview process. Submitted online to a public employment ad. Contacted within a week of submittal by hiring manager and direct report via phone. Successful phone interview led to 1:1 in person interview at actual facility providing an opportunity to view the workplace. Interview took place during the workday operations. Interest expressed and a 2nd interview arranged at which time position was offered.

Interview Questions

• Technical background questions regarding billing, operations, and systems usage history. No particular off-beat questions such beyond what is your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated start-time.