YRC Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at YRC Worldwide

2.3

Dock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Columbus, OH) in March 2020.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by in-person interview. Offered the job 4 hours later by phone. I declined the offer. Shift was never disclosed and was expected to be open to any shift.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in an open-air environment?   1 Answer

Invoicing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide.

Interview

I applied to yrc worldwide for a billing job. I felt I was very qualified for this position having three years experience in billing and invoicing. I was asked to come in and interview and the atmosphere was like a high school locker room. It was all people under 30 years old, all jocks and the same looking kind of people everywhere you looked. I thought I nailed the interview and was sure I would get the job. Organized, well presented and had the work qualifications. They must not have liked something about my appearance or my personality because after I filled out their ‘personality questionnaire’ I got completely ghosted. If you aren’t 25, super into sports and Fit into cliques, they won’t give you a second glance. Funnily enough, someone from HR emailed me two weeks after my interview and... asked me to come in to interview based on my resume. I said I had already interviewed and asked why I wasn’t considered further for the position. Ghosted again. It’s a company full of young jocks who don’t have professional courtesy or want any individuality.

Interview Questions

• Quite a few months ago so I cannot recall   1 Answer

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Overland Park, KS) in August 2019.

Interview

I was only interviewed in person and followed up by a quick personality survey. Then I got an offer within three weeks, most precisely after being cleared through a background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a quiet or fast-paced work environment? How do you stay focused?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide.

Interview

3 part interview
    Spoke with Immediate manager about my experience via phone
    Visited the terminal and sat with a senior manager
    Offered the position and accepted the salary

I was hired within a week

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you was faced with a difficult situation   Answer Question

Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Overland Park, KS) in August 2018.

Interview

Three step interview process. Phone Screening with Recruiter, Phone Interview with Manager, On-Site interview with Manager as well as the direct team I would be working with. It was pretty simple in the beginning and once the group/panel portion came it was more related to the job and became more specific to what happened in the day to day life.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have directly related to the application?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide.

Interview

The company seriously needs to hire some responsible people. I applied for the position in March first week. Got mail from HR about applying on their website. After that one of their team members from data visualization team contacted me about scheduling time for interview. 2 people took my interview and neither of them were experienced in the field. One of them was a primary school teacher with no relation to data.
    After being followed up 3 times, was asked to schedule a time for interview with VP who himself didn't had any idea about the interview process. He called me after 10 mins of scheduled time and hanged up within 10 mins. Following up for after more than 3 weeks haven't received any feedback.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Overland Park, KS) in April 2017.

Interview

YRC had a booth set up at my school's career fair so I spoke to them, didn't hear back for a month and a half - two months. They did a brief phone interview and then scheduled me for a 2 hour interview. Spoke to four people, 3 managers and the VP of pricing. 30 minutes each. Honestly all of them were really great people. They described the job and what's expected out of you day 1, no training. I thought my interview went really, really well. And then promptly did not hear ANYTHING back from them. I emailed all of them thanking them for the interview and even followed up again essentially asking if they had made a decision. They told me they would know within a week. Well, it's been about a month since the interview and I've heard nothing. So in my opinion they lack punctuality.

Social Media Recruiting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide (Overland Park, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then asked a friend of mine to follow up with the HR department, which he did.

I received an invite for a panel (phone) interview. It felt like a "favor" interview as my referral was a co-worker of theirs with a title. We went about 45 minutes, with about 30 of that being focused on the job itself. No chance for follow-up questions from me, which tells me a lot about how they view candidates. To YRC, it's not a 2-party thing, it's all about them finding a body. After the interview, I followed up with Thank You notes, which went unreturned. Par for the course-- unprofessional. I never did get a yes/no, but after a month, I left them in the rear view mirror. By that point, I had no desire to work with/for them. Meanwhile, they post on Social Media about being all about their employees, about the great culture, about how they want to be an employer of choice.

My impression of their HR team was that they were disengaged, most likely underqualified, and possibly stretched too thin. After all, we started the call with hearing about all the stress of constant change, managerial changes, reorganizations, and yes-- how they were below market in terms of compensation. Not very flattering.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of your usage of Social Media tools and how you leveraged them to influence Recruiting?   Answer Question

Sales Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YRC Worldwide.

Interview

Initially interviewed with mamager. No talent in interviewing, read off script. Kind of embarrassed for her to be honest. Not within her skill set. Then her manager who also lacks social skills talks to you. I'm guessing most of their time is,spent under a rock.bj

Service Center Manager Interview

Interview

head hunter informed me of position submitted resume had phone interview with two different management levels for on hour each session and was asked basic industry knowledge question of which i was no t only knowlwdgeable but very dtailed in my answers