Yext Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Associate Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yext (Tysons, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. Applied through my school career portal and on the Yext website and was offered a phone interview within 12 hours. Following the phone interview I was alerted that I was being offered an on-site interview within 6 hours. After the on-site interview I was alerted of a decision within 2 business days. The process went by super quick and took about 2 weeks in total. The interview process was very laid back and was focused on company fit and your ability to be successful within the role.

Interview Questions

• What team settings have you worked in? What do you know about Yext? How would you describe what we do at Yext?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied at the Uncubed NY event and later online as well, got a response and a phone interview about 2 weeks after. Was later called in for an onsite interview. There were 4 technical interviews with a lunch in between. Some interviewers gave hints, while others sat in silence while you work on the problem.

Interview Questions

• Questions involved maze search with obstacles, LCA of a node in a tree, largest contiguous sum of an array, dynamic algorithms to make change and debugging conway's game of life.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

get on the phone with a recruiter first to discuss qualifications. Days later one phone interview on integer to string problem. Then got to onsite, with 3 technical interviews and a behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

It was an on campus interview and was for one hour.

The interviewer started asking knowledge based questions in Java and then asked me some puzzles.
    Later he asked me write code for small parsing algorithm.
    Overall the interview was not hard and I thought it went well.

2 weeks later I got a email saying they are not calling me for onsite interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by the Recruiting Administrator to call her since they liked my resume. It was a 45 minute interview, which I felt went good, but I didn't get a call back.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yext in January 2014.

Interview

I applied on the website. I was contacted by a recruiter within two weeks for a phone screen that went great. The tech interview was pushed back a month due to unrelated circumstances. Good tech interview, with one eay question on string manipulation, and a harder question on tree traversals.

The interviewer seemed a little distant, and I could hear typing while I was speaking so it was a bit distracting. Ultimarely I ran out of time for the second question, giving the pseudocode but not actual code, which I think was what shot me in the foot. It's a smaller company, so they're expecting a higher standard from their employees, and seem to value being able to think on your feet.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

First I had an HR interview, then an over the phone technical interview of two questions, then an onsite interview consisting of three technical interviews and a behavior interview. The questions were not overly difficult and they help you through if you get stuck. I felt great after the interviews but was not offered a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview. Supposed to be an hour but I finished the two tech questions in half an hour. Questions are not hard and the interviewer is very helpful. And this company is extremely efficient. They invited me to a phone interview 10 minutes after I submitted my resume, and I got the onsite interview invitation no later than I just hang up the phone with the interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yext (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and got an interview the next day on campus. During the interview, I was asked questions about coding and algorithms and also had a chance to ask some questions to the recruiter. I didn't pass this round.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 3 questions about coding and algorithms with a language of my choice.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext in January 2018.

Interview

I applied to Yext and the next week I received an email to schedule the interview. Throughout the process the recruiters were extremely quick and thorough. The first round was the technical phone screen, which was fairly easy. The interviewer helped me out in the end when I got stuck. Then I was invited to the onsite interview, which consisted of one whiteboard interview, one debugging interview, one data structures interview, and a behavioral interview. The onsite was fairly casual and most of the interviewers were really nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yext (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

3 Technical and 1 Behavioral. applied online and got a phone screen and did well to get the onsite. It was a decent interview. Sadly they keep repeating the questions, most of th equestions i was asked was on glassdoor, so if yu have mugged up glassdoor entirely you are sure to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Was a coderpad question. Find the cousins of a binary tree.

Q2. WhiteBoard: Find the snakey pattern and print it .

Q3. Bug detection on eclipse: for conway's game of life   Answer Question