Yext Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yext Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

2.7

Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

Applied online through a job portal, and I then received an offer to interview in person at an on campus location. The online app required a resume. I was emailed a few days after the interview letting me know that I would not be moving on in the process, I appreciated the quick response.

Client Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview, a 3 hour in person interview, and then a 1.5 hour interview. They ask for several role plays. They say it's Client Training but what the position really is someone convincing a client to keep yext and how to use it. More sales-y. Also make sure to send a thank you letter as they will rudely tell you that you should and you could not get the job for not kissing their butts.

Interview Questions

• Why should we choose you instead of another candidate that sent us a thank you letter?   1 Answer

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

Met with 4 different PMs over the course of 4 hours. I was asked a variety of technical and personality questions. They asked a lot about the general use and structure of the internet, particularly APIs.

Enterprise Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Very professional and organized. The in-person nterview was coordinated by HR but I interviewed with several team members, 30 minutes each, and each team member was very conversational. Everyone seemed like they were genuinely excited to be part of the Yext team and hoped to add top talent to the company, so it made the interview a lot more inviting.

Enterprise Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

The first phase of the interview process consisted of a 20 minute phone call with a recruiter from the company. I then had two 30 minute phone interviews with employees.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

First was a phone screen with a recruiter, then an on-site interview to meet more sales team members. I didn't get the job, but everyone I interviewed with seemed to enjoy the work there.

Customer Success Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First call was with a recruiter at Yext who was looking to fill the role. It was a pretty standard call to get more info on my background and provide more details about the company/position. I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Both calls were about 30 minutes. Again, the questions were pretty standard: getting more info on my background, what interested me in the role, etc.

I then went to their office in Manhattan for in person interviews. I met with three members from the team I was interviewing to join, including the hiring manager. It was pretty informal. The interviews was really to get to know them and understand the role better while also providing information on myself and my background.

After the interview, the recruiter followed up with me two days later to let me know they were going to move forward with other candidates. Overall, everyone I spoke to or met with was very friendly, and it does seem like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work environment do you prefer, i.e. structured vs. unstructured, solo vs. team?   1 Answer

Enterprise Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First a screening phone call with recruiter, followed by a video conference with a team lead, then a take home test, finally an onsite interview day with multiple team members

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to work in tech   Answer Question

Junior Enterprise Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY).

Interview

Call with an HR recruiter then was invited to a behavioural interview with a Team Lead analyst. I reached back out to the HR recruiter after not hearing anything simply to inquire about my eligibility for the position. Had to assume they would not continue with my application as I never received any sort of update or response.

Interview Questions

• If you were on a team working on a project with an impossible deadline, how would you go about resolving the issue?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Immersive, transparent, goal oriented.

Throughout the phone interview I thought I was making a terrible impression. I began to get nervous, stutter, and derail. Little did I know when it came to questions I thoughtfully asked about management structure, training, personal challenges and so on. I can confidently say that helped me earn some brownie points.

The in person interview was something I hadn't experienced before, at least in the order that it happened. After waiting in the lobby to be picked up by a rep, I was brought to a glass conference room with a sales script and phone on the table. Before doing any intros or personal elevator pitches I was asked to call the phone number on the paper and read off the script word by word over the phone.

Once again, I was nervous, stuttering, and physically cold. To be honest, having dyslexia and being asked to read a full page of writing was such brain fart for me. As best as I could I tried to keep myself composed with an upbeat attitude. Thankfully after the call I was explained that me reading off the paper was not the ideal way to sell something to someone. At that point I had a sense of relief throughout the rest of my interview.

Overall it lasted about 1.5-2 hours. Speaking to four sales managers. All of them bright, motivated, transparent, and extroverted. Each one of them had a distinct trait that helped me understand the type of workplace I would be a part of if I was hired.

I had a wonderful experience interviewing with Yext and I'm happy have accepted their offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?

Why do you want to move on from your previous role?

Why sales?

Have you traveled outside of the country? If so, where? What country haven't you visited that you're interested in going to? Sell me on that country?

Where do you see yourself in x amount of years?
      Answer Question