Yext Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Associate Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yext (Tysons, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. Applied through my school career portal and on the Yext website and was offered a phone interview within 12 hours. Following the phone interview I was alerted that I was being offered an on-site interview within 6 hours. After the on-site interview I was alerted of a decision within 2 business days. The process went by super quick and took about 2 weeks in total. The interview process was very laid back and was focused on company fit and your ability to be successful within the role.

Interview Questions

• What team settings have you worked in? What do you know about Yext? How would you describe what we do at Yext?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yext (McLean, VA) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward. However, during each round it was almost solely behavioral. More importantly, they ask the same questions over and over. This is concerning because although you spend a long time interviewing for them you share the same stories about the same projects/situations over and over and that's all they learn about you. I'm surprised they'd want to make a full-time hiring decision based only on this. Also, one of the executives was openly bashing other companies while pitching Yext to us, which was awkward for many. Also, it circulated around that one of the engineers had accidentally mentioned that one of the executives was bashing everyone interviewing in the Slack group. Openly talking about how poorly some interviews were going is deeply unprofessional, especially from leadership. Its deeply concerning and certainly impacted interviews after people heard this. Lastly prior to the interview many of us didn't realize how basic the position was. Its essentially talking to clients and inputting information into a database. Travel seems appealing but the position isn't stimulating at all if you're not an engineer. Concerning atmosphere overall from a place I expected an uplifting culture. I've never attended a final round before that made me not want the job.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext in January 2018.

Interview

I applied to Yext and the next week I received an email to schedule the interview. Throughout the process the recruiters were extremely quick and thorough. The first round was the technical phone screen, which was fairly easy. The interviewer helped me out in the end when I got stuck. Then I was invited to the onsite interview, which consisted of one whiteboard interview, one debugging interview, one data structures interview, and a behavioral interview. The onsite was fairly casual and most of the interviewers were really nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext (Tysons, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

One Phone Screen + 3 interviews on-site.

Interview isn't particularly difficult if you have at least a basic understanding of DS. 2/3 interviewers were very nice, but the other one was inattentive and completely unresponsive. Didn't seem interested and made the interview very one-sided.

HR on the otherhand is top-notch. Really quick at getting everything together. Seems like a good engineering culture, but product and work doesn't seem particularly exciting.

Interview Questions

• Questions can be found on this site (balanced parentheses etc.)   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yext in August 2017.

Interview

Met Yext recruiter on campus during career fair. Signed up for an on-campus interview through college career services. Interview was 45 minutes long. Went over resume for a short while then jumped into coding question.

Interview Questions

• Given a number n, find at least 2 numbers a,b < n such that a = (i^3 + j^3) = (k^3 + l^3) and b = (p^3 + q^3) = (r^3 + s^3)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yext (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Very reasonable. Talked to Yext at a college career fair and was reached out to by the company. Met the recruiter and several developers at a dinner they invited me to. Was interviewed the next day on campus. Was given two technical questions, and was given time at the end to ask questions of my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Given the root of a tree and a target node, find the cousins of the target node (those that are on the same level as the target node, but do not share the same parent).   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and proceeded to have two phone interviews (45 minutes each). The first included two questions that were fairly straightforward. The questions in the second interview were more difficult.

Interview Questions

• Traverse a 2D array following a snaking pattern, moving diagonally from corner to corner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yext (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

3 Technical and 1 Behavioral. applied online and got a phone screen and did well to get the onsite. It was a decent interview. Sadly they keep repeating the questions, most of th equestions i was asked was on glassdoor, so if yu have mugged up glassdoor entirely you are sure to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Was a coderpad question. Find the cousins of a binary tree.

Q2. WhiteBoard: Find the snakey pattern and print it .

Q3. Bug detection on eclipse: for conway's game of life   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yext (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a career fair and got an interview the next day on campus. During the interview, I was asked questions about coding and algorithms and also had a chance to ask some questions to the recruiter. I didn't pass this round.

Interview Questions

• I was asked 3 questions about coding and algorithms with a language of my choice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

At first I was contacted through a recruiter that went through my resume with me and asked questions about previous jobs and responsibilities. After the first interview I was booked in a coding interview where I coded through an online portal. Throughout the interview process, both the recruiter and the engineer were easy to talk to and helpful.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation, loop through a string to find a pattern.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tysons, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yext (Tysons, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

There was one interview on campus, then one at their office. The whole process was very nice. There are 3 coding interviews and 1 behavioral one. All of them were reasonable but also difficult enough. All the people I met were nice. there was free lunch, dinner, and breakfast the next morning. Hotel was paid for. Overall, a great experience