Yext Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yext Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and proceeded to have two phone interviews (45 minutes each). The first included two questions that were fairly straightforward. The questions in the second interview were more difficult.

Interview Questions

• Traverse a 2D array following a snaking pattern, moving diagonally from corner to corner.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yext (Durham, NC) in October 2017.

Interview

Very reasonable. Talked to Yext at a college career fair and was reached out to by the company. Met the recruiter and several developers at a dinner they invited me to. Was interviewed the next day on campus. Was given two technical questions, and was given time at the end to ask questions of my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Given the root of a tree and a target node, find the cousins of the target node (those that are on the same level as the target node, but do not share the same parent).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone screening which lasted a standard 15-20 minutes. Standard question about why Yext, why sales, personal qualities that would help, and name a time when you have had to sell something. Then they brought me into the office for a full interview. First thing to do was read a script into the phone talking about the product and giving a pitch. I then met with three different managers of the sales teams for interviews lasting around 20 minutes each. It was a mix of fit questions regarding personal attributes and qualities, some more specific sales questions, and explaining the role, the company, department, and pay structure.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview and an on-site, 4 round interview. The first interview was a 30 minute behavioral interview, the 2nd was a debugging interview, and the third and fourth were the usual coding interviews. HR was pretty nice and accommodating. 2 of my four interviewers seemed like stereotypical , unsociable tech guys while the other two were rather nice.

Interview Questions

• On campus: Given two strings determine if there is a one to one mapping between each letter in the string. On-site : Debug Conway’s game of life, snake key pattern of a matrix (the problem was a disguised diagonal traversal of a matrix), word break (see LeetCode), and find all possible words given a telephone number.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yext (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Not bad. Resume drop, and then in-person behavioral interview. They held a cocktail hour the night before to get to know the interviewers, but I ended up talking to a new person. They don't have specific recruiters, so it is just regular employees.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

One hour phone coding challenge followed by an onsite with two 1 hour technical interviews and lunch. I didn't do well on the second onsite tech question so they short circuited the interview.

The people were nice and their office space is maybe the best I've ever seen. I think Yext might be one of the best companies no one has ever heard of.

Interview Questions

• Balanced parenthesis   1 Answer
    • Max CPU when given intervals (second phone question which wasn't required to pass)   Answer Question
    • All valid alphabetical words derivable from a phone number, got done a bit early so asked valid subwords   1 Answer
    • 2D matrix "snake" traversal   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter got back to me relatively quickly to schedule a phone call. The phone call went well (we discussed which start day would be better for me) and scheduled an in person interview with management. Throughout the process I was told they liked my enthusiasm, my work experience and that I was asking great questions. Needless to say I was not offered the position. I would like for the recruiter to reach out to those who didn't get the position instead of the generic email they send out. I'm not asking for a detailed written email but I would have appreciated some feedback.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why we should hire you if we only had one spot open?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yext in August 2017.

Interview

Met Yext recruiter on campus during career fair. Signed up for an on-campus interview through college career services. Interview was 45 minutes long. Went over resume for a short while then jumped into coding question.

Interview Questions

• Given a number n, find at least 2 numbers a,b < n such that a = (i^3 + j^3) = (k^3 + l^3) and b = (p^3 + q^3) = (r^3 + s^3)   Answer Question

SMB Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Easy interview - they are looking to lure young kids to make 4 hours of phone calls to business owners and scam them out of 500 bucks. If they want to hire you take personal offense because they are looking for people that are lured by candy and ten bucks seamless with no career goals.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth. Had a phone interview, then invited back for an in person. Each of the 4 interviewers made me feel relaxed and comfortable. Found out I received the job that week. Overall a positive experience!