Yext Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Regional Vice President, Enterprise Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (San Francisco, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

From beginning to end the interview process was thorough, well executed, and considerate. The initial screening and subsequent interview with the hiring manager was completed quickly allowing us to establish whether there was mutual interest. They were mindful of my own process, existing commitments, and need to select them as well as the other way around. I left feeling sought after and not just a candidate in the process. The recruiters were very engaged to ensure that you were properly prepared for meetings and expectations were set. I thought it very professional and represented the organization well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to coach a sales executive that was performing up to expectations.   Answer Question
    • What is the largest deal you have closed? What's the average deal size?   Answer Question
    • How could you help to grow the average deal size in our organization?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

It was a standard process. Phone screening followed by a more technical interview. The overall process took about 4 weeks. The technical involved questions related to the Linux OS.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

Had a scheduled interview with a recruiter but was never contacted. Tried to reschedule but was ghosted. This was a waste of time and was overall a very unprofessional and poor experience. Please hire better recruiters!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

Very responsive and prompt/organized in scheduling, accommodated remote interview request. Overall a good interview experience meeting people on the team you are interviewing for.

First phone screen, then Excel test, then Superday with 4 interviews

Interview Questions

• Why Yext? Resume, basic behavioral questions, Excel functions   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

The first part was doing a coding challenge individually. Then there were multiple interview conducted afterwards that consisted of getting asked coding questions or actually coding and explaining to the interviewer your thought process. Overall a standard interview process and everyone was super nice.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name as many HTTP methods as you can and explain what they do/how they work.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

It was fairly straightforward: I had two technical interviews (one in person, one on the phone) then one behavioral, and the questions were on standard CS concepts. The interviewers were very friendly and the recruiter was very helpful and quick to respond via email.

Interview Questions

• Why did you start with/choose the approach you did (for the technical question)?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

The first round of interviewing was a one on one interview that was conducted on my university's campus. It was a very conversational and casual interview that seemed very comfortable. It was not very long, maybe 30 to 45 minutes, and it consisted of a miniature case at the end. The second and final interview was a Zoom interview conducted by a panel of a variety of people. Interviews ranged from conversational and personal to a case style interview that ended with a presentation made to a few different groups of people. Overall, everyone was incredibly nice and supportive and I enjoyed the process very much.

Interview Questions

• What is your most used/favorite app and what would you change about it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

I was given two technical interviews, one in-person and one remote, where I had a chance to work out some coding problems and chat with recruiters from Yext. Afterwards, there was a phone call for the personal interview. Email updates were given throughout the process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

I had one on-campus interview for my first round. Then, I had a phone interview for the second round. The first two rounds were technical interviews. The third round was also a phone interview but it was behavioral instead.

Interview Questions

• The coding questions in the first round was a debugging and a graph question. The second round was a BFS.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

Went through a few behavorial and technical interviews, all interviewers are nice, accommodating, and interesting. Recruiter was very helpful in staying in contact with me and updating me quickly. I would say their interview process was less painful than most

Interview Questions

Interview

2 coding interviews (1 on-campus, 1 phone), 1 behavioral interview

Coding interview had standard coding questions and behavioral interview was with a Senior Engineer

Overall good experience, and I was kept in-the-loop throughout the process.