Yext Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2018

2.7

Junior Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online through the company website and was contacted about a week later. First round was a general phone screen. Second round was a video conference with a role play. Third round was on-site involving role plays and a logic/ problem solving test. The whole process took about a month.

Director, Revenue Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I had an initial 30-minute phone screen with HR followed by on-site interviews a few weeks later. The on-site interviews consisted of five, back-to-back, 45-minute interviews with various members of the Accounting department. The questions by all interviewers were very behavioral in nature, focused on management style and problem-solving. All interviewers were very focused and attentive during the process.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone call with senior analyst - was expecting more of a behavioral interview but it was way more technical than I was ready for. Very nice interviewer, but Yext ultimately did not feel like a good fit for me. Very kind.

Interview Questions

• History with problem solving skills   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext in January 2018.

Interview

I applied to Yext and the next week I received an email to schedule the interview. Throughout the process the recruiters were extremely quick and thorough. The first round was the technical phone screen, which was fairly easy. The interviewer helped me out in the end when I got stuck. Then I was invited to the onsite interview, which consisted of one whiteboard interview, one debugging interview, one data structures interview, and a behavioral interview. The onsite was fairly casual and most of the interviewers were really nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yext (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

3 Technical and 1 Behavioral. applied online and got a phone screen and did well to get the onsite. It was a decent interview. Sadly they keep repeating the questions, most of th equestions i was asked was on glassdoor, so if yu have mugged up glassdoor entirely you are sure to get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Q1. Was a coderpad question. Find the cousins of a binary tree.

Q2. WhiteBoard: Find the snakey pattern and print it .

Q3. Bug detection on eclipse: for conway's game of life   Answer Question

Junior Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email within that week to set up time for the first initial phone screen interview. The second interview was with the support team manager. The third round was an on-site interview with more managers from different teams. I found that my goals did not align with the company and their culture.

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (Washington, DC).

Interview

The final round interview in the DC office involved many rounds: 2 behavioral and 2 case. The case presentation was especially difficult and they were evaluating you on your every move. We had breaks in between with lots of snacks.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a career fair and proceeded to have two phone interviews (45 minutes each). The first included two questions that were fairly straightforward. The questions in the second interview were more difficult.

Interview Questions

• Traverse a 2D array following a snaking pattern, moving diagonally from corner to corner.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext in November 2017.

Interview

Very quick process (took about 2.5 weeks). They came to my university where I conducted the first round of coding interview, and once that was done, I had another call the following week with another technical coding interview.

Interview Questions

• A question involving dynamic programming (on the easy side of dynamic programming questions).   Answer Question
    • A question involving a crazy pattern of steps given through a google doc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yext (Orlando, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

Grace Hopper Interview 1:1 : I was asked 2 questions. I coded on CodePad, with python. A week later, the recruiter emailed me the result of the interview and asked for a second round.
    Second (final) round: phone interview. Same as the first round.