Yext Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 14, 2018

2.7

Platform Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied via Yext's website.

1) Initial phone call with an internal recruiter - questions on background, why Yext, why technology space, etc.

2) Phone interview with a team manager - more specific questions on what Yext does, products that are offered, etc.

3) Take home excel test - takes about 2 hours, not too difficult if you are competent in excel

4) In person interviews - 4 interviews with team members with one being an excel test and one a process test.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I was asked general questions about my background and suitability for the role's requirements. The recruiter then spent some time telling me about the team and reporting hierarchy.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background and why you're looking for a new position   1 Answer

Interview

Had a quick phone screen with the recruiter to go over my skills and why I wanted the job. After that I got a quick response for an interview with the sales managers on site.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

I applied online to Yext and had a phone interview scheduled with someone in Recruiting. I was scheduled for a video interview to follow up the next week. After being sent a confirmation, I was never sent information on the video interview, which I emailed them about the night before. Nobody called at the scheduled time - I called the recruiting coordinator several times and sent a few emails asking for details but heard no answer. I got an email that afternoon saying they would reschedule, but they never reached out, and then two weeks later I got an email saying they went with an internal candidate. Very unprofessional.

Partner Engineer New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (Atlanta, GA) in April 2018.

Interview

First they do a typical 45 minute phone tehcnical interview. For the Partner Engineer position, there is an additional screening where you have to do a presentation exploring one of their APIs. I suppose its a way to test your technical knowhow as well as your behavioral skills.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

Everyone was very nice. They made me feel welcomes and it was laid back environment which made it very comfortable. Great location with easy access to public transportation. Employees seemed friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you didn't know what to do and no one would help you?   Answer Question

Associate Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview was fairly straightforward to begin with, a lot of talking on the interviewers end which was nice and got a lot of information about the company. Strange logic question at the end that really threw me off, was surprised to get an onsite interview.
    On site interview was great, everyone on the team was incredibly friendly and the interviews/"presentation" wasn't easy but also wasn't too hard, definitely a solid challenge. What completely rubbed me the wrong was the attitude they seemed to hold on the exclusivity and competitiveness of their recruiting process. In the beginning of the day we were informed of the office's 1% hiring rate, and that there were only about 3-5 positions to be filled Personally, it just made me uncomfortable to start the day off like that especially hearing that while with 6+ other interviewing candidates. I'm agree with being highly selective for top jobs at top companies, but it seemed excessive to give superdays to 30+ people for only 3-5 max jobs at such a small office. That being said, the team at the office is great and I would encourage others to apply for jobs here, just be warned about the potential superiority complex held by management in terms of the recruiting process.

Associate Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yext (Tysons Corner, VA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very quick. Applied through my school career portal and on the Yext website and was offered a phone interview within 12 hours. Following the phone interview I was alerted that I was being offered an on-site interview within 6 hours. After the on-site interview I was alerted of a decision within 2 business days. The process went by super quick and took about 2 weeks in total. The interview process was very laid back and was focused on company fit and your ability to be successful within the role.

Interview Questions

• What team settings have you worked in? What do you know about Yext? How would you describe what we do at Yext?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext.

Interview

phone screen then in person interview with 4 people. overall the experience wasnt too hard. you met with the manager of the team, and two other managers in the department. after in person interview you then come back for another interview with the VP sales for that department which was a little more challenging

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

in person interview on campus, data test, on site superday. the superday included 5 interviews, 2 of which were skills tests. interviewers were friendly but the process what quite long

Interview Questions

• name a situation where you... type questions on superday. a lot of them. be prepared to talk about different experiences.   Answer Question