Cover image for Yext

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Yext Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 936 of over 936 interviews

Recruiter12%
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Yext

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yext in Sep 2022

Interview

The interview process was super fast and straight forward! Team was very accommodating and informative. This was as seamless of a process as I have ever had. I was very impressed with how organized everything was from beginning to end.

Interview Questions
  • How do you deal with Client Escalation?
    Answer Question

Yext

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext

Interview

Hiring team fails to inform you throughout the interview process and doesn’t reply to emails. Very unprofessional for a company of that size. They completely ghost on you to inform you of anything.

Interview Questions
  • What is a time you had to assist someone with a technical product?

The latest conversations about Tech

70 Comments

Tech

457.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Yext~312260
Join the conversation on

Yext

Application

I interviewed at Yext

Interview

The first round of interview is one hour long which covers one technical interview question and one debugging question. The second round is around 2 hours with more coding questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yext

Application

I interviewed at Yext

Interview

4 interviews total. First one, it was with the recruiter, who was very clear about what to expect during the other interviews, and there were no surprises. It was a very positive process.

Interview Questions
  • What are the challenges that you would expect to have in that role?

Yext

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yext

Interview

Round 1 - HR round 30 mins Round 2 - 1 technical debugging Q and 1 coding Q. 30 mins for each part Round 3 - Virtual Onsite(5 round) Coding, Debugging, OOD, Behavior and Normal chat with an Employee Thought I had aced all the rounds, but they decided to not move forward :(

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (Arlington, VA) in Oct 2022

Interview

Overall the process was great. I appreciate that they don't purely test you on leetcode problems and also value your debugging and system design skills. Interviewers were all very nice and the problems were interesting.

Interview Questions
  • Leetcode type questions, debugging, and system design questions

Yext

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext in Sep 2022

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter. After that, an engineer interviewed me through Zoom. But I didn't do well in the first round and failed the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yext (New York, NY) in Oct 2022

Interview

debug a program to make all tests pass... based on standard data structures and leetcode questions - really know how to read current code when talking about how to debug. being verbal is best here

Interview Questions
  • design a leaderboard and know how to debug multiple programs

Yext

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext in Sep 2022

Interview

Smooth and well-organized. Not very difficult in terms of technical problems but very long. Could have better team matching but nothing major. Very flexible in terms of dates and times.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yext

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yext in Oct 2022

Interview

1 hour on-campus technical interview (1 coding and 1 debugging problem) 1 hour virtual technical interview 20 minute virtual behavioral interview The technical interviews were a reasonable difficulty. I think they were looking for your thought process more than you having a fully working solution at the end. Behavioral interview was pretty short and easy

Interview Questions
  • Debug a class-based program String/array manipulation using API data

Yext

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yext in Sep 2022

Interview

The interview process involved an architecture review and security depth questions but not technical coding interview. The process was quick and the recruiter was ambitious with the offer soon after the interviews were done. Overall the interviewers were professional and the recruiter was respectful of my time and considerations. They even allowed me to set up follow up meetings with the team before making my final decision on the offer I received.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 936 Interviews

Yext Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Yext as 81.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.02 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Software Engineer(Internship) rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Client Support Specialist and Sales Associate roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Yext takes an average of 25 days when considering 978 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Sales Associate had the quickest hiring process (on average 9 days), whereas Software Engineer(Internship) roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 23 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Yext according to 978 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 23.86%

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Yext? Share Your Experiences

Yext Careers

Cover image for Yext

Our Product & Mission 🔎 Yext helps organizations answer every question about their business. Our Answers Platform collects & organizes...More

• Diversity & Inclusion
  • Engineering, Interns & New Grads
  • Sales
  • Services & Support

Company Updates

1 days ago

Community
Shout out to some of our NYC Yexters for participating in our Thanksgiving Food Drive in partnership with City Harvest! Together, we were able to collect more than 300 non-perishable food items for New Yorkers in need this holiday season. 🍁
Shared image

9 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
Our ERG’s (Employee Resource Groups) play a critical role in supporting our DEI strategy: Fostering Community, creating Business Impact, and improving our Talent through diverse recruitment initiatives.  While they each celebrate the diversity and uniqueness of our employees, they come together with one common goal - fostering an amazing company culture and ensuring a sense of belonging for all Yexters! Our 7 amazing ERG's include: ◼️ Embrace creates community and opportunity for intercultural employees. ◻️ Empower aims to recruit, inspire, and advance women. ◼️ Sustainability aims to promote sustainable and environmentally friendly practices. ◻️ Expand supports parents, caregivers, and families. ◼️ Equip fosters inclusion and accessibility for people with disabilities and chronic conditions. ◻️ Elevate supports and connects Black employees. ◼️ Express elevates the LGBTQ+ community.

Yext Photos

+ Add Photo
Yext photo of: Yext's HQ is located in Chelsea — an iconic neighborhood on the West Side of Manhattan. The office is steps away from famous NYC shops and restaurants.
Yext photo of: Women in Technology rooftop picnic on top of Yext HQ in August 2022.
Yext photo of: Members of Yext's HQ dressed up for Halloween 2021.
Yext photo of: Technology offsite 2022 in Newport, RI.
Yext photo of: Our 2022 Global Revenue Kick-Off event united nearly 300 Yexters in Las Vegas after months of working remotely.
Yext photo of: Investing in our employee's well-being is a top priority. Here is a group of Yexters enjoying a sunrise yoga session hosted during a company offsite.
Yext photo of: An inside look into Yext's DC Metro office, which occupies the top 3 floors of a state-of-the-art building.

Expert Career Advice