Yext Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Howard Lerman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • free lunch is always a plus too (in 22 reviews)

• The company is growing every day and hiring only the best (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • 150-250 Dials a day-Minimum of 4 hours of talk time (in 5 reviews)

• There is no absolutely no upward mobility for sales associates (in 8 reviews)

1. "Technology Company for Managing Location Data and more"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of new large projects every few weeks.
    Good freedom of how to complete every day work
    Strong focus on learning new and better things to write better code
    Good uses of design reviews to identify strong coding practices,

Cons

Fast movement can lead to working on incomplete specs
    This can lead to projects coming together in completed, or partially missing features
    Difficulties with communicating urgency in requirements

Advice to Management

Identify clear expectations for employees and identify how they can work in the right direction

2. "YSA SMB"

I worked at Yext full-time

Pros

Great, fun, place to work

Cons

Training can be difficult to complete

3. "Great company, fun place to work"

Current Employee - Client Operations Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Operations Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Yext does a great job of creating a good work environment, in a lot of the ways that you expect from a tech company: lots of food in the office, generally relaxed office vibe (no button down shirts required), professional development opportunities, etc. On top of that, there are a couple of areas where Yext really excels:
    1. The team environment is real - everyone is working towards the team's success, not their own personal advancement. My coworkers are friendly and nice and encouraging and helpful. Management looks favorably on people who legitimately improve the team, rather than people who work towards showing themselves off.
    2. Management is pretty transparent about what's going on at the company. I feel like there is good visibility into what the executives are thinking and doing.
    3. People are encourage to get out of their comfort zone and solve problems in new and interesting ways. For example, I have never coded before, but I am learning python in order to create scripts that can improve efficiency on my team.

Cons

Yext also suffers to a degree from some of the classic cons of a tech company: while diversity and inclusion seems to be a top management priority, there is a lot of work left to do. The hours can be long, but at the same time, there is no culture of "face time" - you don't have to stay late just for the sake of staying late. Overall, there aren't a lot of cons.

Advice to Management

Keep a focus on diversity and inclusion! We are making good progress, let's not get complacent.

4. "Some awesome, some not so much"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO, Howard, is incredible. Great office, lots of cool smart people. To a large degree, the software sells itself. GVP sales is awesome, (SZ). So is the head of product, (MF).

Cons

Since going public, the pressure on growth makes everyone crazy. Some managers are overwhelmed trying to do something productive, but usually, it's just noise slowing down the process - and productivity.

Advice to Management

Doing great - keep it up!

5. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

Mature and well thought out engineering processes, management is open to new ideas and approaches to doing things. Everyone seems overall very happy and glad to be working here, so it's an infectious environment!

Cons

Very minor, but sometimes I feel people are actually 'too nice'. Arguments and disagreements often result in a better solution. Overall though, I don't think this is a real issue.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

6. "Sales Associate - SMB"

I worked at Yext full-time

Pros

Only the fact that there are tasty snacks available on the daily and the kitchen has a Nespresso machine.

Cons

EVERYTHING! If you want a legit job with stability, room for growth, freedom to manage your day, and happiness - DO NOT ACCEPT THIS JOB!

Everyone seems so cool and fun during the interview process, but it's all a facad. You have this whack training for one week after accepting job, then 3 months of nonsense spending your entire time like a call center making 100+ calls and not even being able to attend staff meetings, go to the bathroom, or enjoy the free Seamless lunch. The job is PURE burnout, for the lowest pay and false promises of increases as well as promotions to higher levels. There is no skill learned here that is worth it to carry forward to another job. Do yourself a favor and save the headache and exhaustion for a legit job where people are professional.

HR is the least responsive and doesn't want to answer your general questions during your 1st week when you are new and are supposed to be told of benefits, etc.

Advice to Management

Do not lie or hide the fact that entire job is scripted call center duties the entire time. Make sure those interviewing are fully aware of the job situation and daily. 4 out of the 6 people in my training group quit by choice because they felt they were lied to in terms of what the job was.

"Stay away from this company! Worst Career decision I have ever made!!"

Former Employee - SMB- Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - SMB- Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Yext full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stay away! These reviews are false and I know the woman in HR that writes them it is part of her job.

Cons

This was the absolute worst job I have every had. I lasted 8 months as a sales associate and this was considered a very long time. The majority of sales associates do not make it passed the first three months and are let go. If you are looking for a job where you are chained to your desk, treated like a number, and "forced" to make over 150 calls a day and get over 4 hours of talk time while being paid 30,000 dollars with absolutely no upward mobility then this job is for you. Very poor environment male coworkers were inappropriate people slept on the couches after a night out. Truly horrible and these reviews are lies.

Advice to Management

Stop making fake reviews it is very obvious.

Yext Response

Aug 17, 2017 – Chief People Officer

Thank you for your feedback; we want to get better at what we do every day. Working for Yext as a Sales Associate within our small and medium sized business (SMB) team is not for everyone. However... More

8. "A lot of autonomy!"

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

Great benefits- health, snacks, lunch, employee events.

Fun & interesting people.

Good opportunities & mobility within departments and cross-departments as well.

The Operations team is a great place to work with a very transparent work environment between managers and employees.

Career development and classes are offered to employees taught by other employees.

Cons

Not applicable to potential applicants for a position here.

Advice to Management

Do more to recognize other departments within the company.

9. "Dynamic company with endless opportunities to learn"

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

I've been working at Yext for over a year and could not be happier with my decision to come here. The culture is fast paced and as long as you're willing to work hard and do the right thing, you will do well at Yext. There is so much opportunity for those who want to learn - we're always changing something and thinking of the best way to get things done.

Cons

There are some growing pains as the company shifts from a small startup culture to a public company, and that means that there are new processes and often times, higher expectations for performance, which doesn't always sit well with some of the employees. If you're not comfortable with change or aren't used to a fast paced, growth company, this isn't the place for you.

Advice to Management

Communicate more proactively with employees about changes.

10. "Great opportunity at a growing company"

Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at Yext full-time

Pros

-Company is rapidly growing.
    -Lots of talented developers who are a pleasure to work with and learn from.
    -Leadership places a strong emphasis on good software engineering practices, which makes things easier for other developers and reduces the occurrence of bugs. This is in marked contrast to many other companies where you are encouraged to crank out as much code as possible without any attention to quality.
    -You can get free lunch delivered to your office every day.

Cons

Easy to gain weight from the free soda and snacks.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.