KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

61 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Yext and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Grateful for this company!

Nov 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Yext and I discovered each other at the perfect time! They offered exactly what I needed and I feel I'm providing for them, exactly what they needed. The position is perfect for me. The people I work for are amazing. And the company is so cool, fast moving, innovative and inspiring! I LOVE my job!

Cons

I'm a remote employee, so I don't get much face to face interaction with my colleagues, aside from Zoom/Slack calls. However, I LOVE working remote and need to work remotely, so this isn't a total "con." I honestly just don't have any other cons to offer. I'm really really happy at Yext!

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, good cuture

Aug 4, 2022 - Business Development Representative (BDR) in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

the perks of the job the people the vibes

Cons

minimal upward mobility at times

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people / Zero Process

Jun 2, 2022 - Account Executive Mid-Market in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many of the people are kind and helpful The NYC office is brand new and incredibly designed

Cons

Sales Leadership never provided a clear message as to what’s working / what isn’t. It always seemed like a guessing game without any tangible evidence to present. GTM strategy is in shambles, forcing leadership to request a high volume of outreach with no real thought out messaging behind it, causing a LOT of rejection or silence. The products sold feel very separate from one another although Yext prides itself in saying they coexist. Updated product content and examples are scarce. Post sale implementation/ client success management becomes a full time job as well. Quota was rarely met, with spiffs included. Lots of company churn is leavings silos in departments and forcing sales team to provide a larger territory to remaining AEs giving them more than they can chew. Overall, Yext has reached its limit with existing product and market audience and their latest product never really got traction due to its inconsistency/ rushed deployment.

7 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing Platform & Product Suite

Jul 25, 2022 - Associate Technical Engagement Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health Benefits (insurance, Gympass, Calm App) In-office events & catered food daily Account Team structure/synergy (CSM & TEM) Hitchhikers Platform to learn the products/reference important documentation for product function/implementation (Especially Answers) Cross-functional teamwork, especially via Slack. Team members from different teams and departments are always willing to jump in and help you with a question or problem

Cons

Retention rate for TEM position (>1 year) Changes in management/internal processes Too many resources* becomes overwhelming and frequently outdated

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Engineering org in free fall. Leadership shuffle likely too late to save the company.

Apr 21, 2022 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

New offices Good people Social culture, friendly coworkers Good work life balance

Cons

The company is in free fall, with the stock price at the lowest levels it has ever been, and people are running for the doors. Virtually no internal transparency. Engineering comp is not competitive with changes in market rates after the start of covid. Poor decision making and unclear product vision. Founder CEO exited spontaneously, potentially ousted, after almost a year of the company not performing up to expectations. The new CEO transition likely happened too late. It was obvious some major changes were needed for almost a year before it happened, and leadership did NOT address any of these concerns. Engineering culture has historically been excellent, but strong performers have been exiting in droves for almost a year now and leadership is not addressing it or doing anything to fix it. Other departments aren't held accountable for not doing their jobs, e.g. IT/Desktop and Facilities. Many seem to be doing the bare minimum in their jobs and lack any passion they once had. Diversity and inclusion efforts are a joke. Yext does not care about changing its processes to hire diverse candidates and that's incredibly obvious from looking at the dismal percentage of women and people of color hired in technology. People trying to fix this culture are not receiving support from leadership.

15 people found this review helpful