Cover image for Your Housing Group

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Your Housing Group Interview Questions

Updated Nov 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Your Housing Group

Your Housing Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Your Housing Group

Interview

Easy and questions straightforward and applicable to the role. Made me feel comfortable when speaking with them which some people don’t. Explained questions so they could get a better answer from me which not everyone would do they wouldn’t help you.

Interview Questions
  • Around how to handle a situation
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Your Housing Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Your Housing Group

Interview

Positive, friendly, comfortable. There were two people who made me feel at ease and were open and honest. Easy to chat to and not overly corporate. Listened well too and were open to all questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Real Estate

Join the conversation on

Real Estate

979 Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Your Housing Group~810381
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Runcorn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Your Housing Group (Runcorn, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

Applied via ‘Precise Search’ recruitment agency; in-depth conversations and emails with the fantastic Lisa Welch, the Precise Search Recruitment Manager. Moved onto a phone call with YHG’s Head of L&D, and although polite, it was soon obvious that YHG vision and strategy for the learning & development and welfare of their staff was heading in wrong direction. The job was initially advertised as ‘Talent Development’ which is urgently needed at YHG given the reviews on here from the plethora of staff leaving and the comments left. The place is broken, and I could’ve definitely revamped how they engage with their employees. Unfortunately it was soon obvious that what they wanted was someone to churn out policy documents, succession plans etc. Too much writing and not enough action. What good is it, employing 3 learning parters to sit at home producing pooicy? This is the easy part. You need to engage NOW with your current employees and hiring managers and put into place an L&D /Mentoring plan for the good and benefit of your suffering employees rather than churn out nonsense to keep the top brass happy. A change is needed quickly. Hire inspirational engaging talent, not robots. Top Tip: If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions but none which were motivated by employee engagement - mostly around production of plans to satisfy those above.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, England

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Your Housing Group (Warrington, England)

Interview

It was a quick process from application to interview. First interview was a phone call, which was booked for 11.15 am but I didn't receive it till 11.50 which I thought was rude.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you gave good customer service, thinking about our company values

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Preston, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Your Housing Group (Preston, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

Basic interview using STAR. Written responses followed by a face to face interview where they wanted to know more about you than the job required. Nice enough people and culture however there wasn't any follow up to the interview i.e. they didn't advise one way or the other about whether I had been successful. Had to assume over time that I hadn't. Who interviews without getting back to you???

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Your Housing Group (Warrington, England)

Interview

Two rounds of interviews - telephonic and F2F. You will get a sudden phone call after 3 weeks of submitting the application. And it was a telephonic interview without prior notice. After 2 weeks, I received an email stating that I have been selected for the F2F interview and I was asked to schedule a time on the web calendar. Before I could do that, I received a call from HR within 30 min (in the evening). HR asked "Have you received an email?". I replied "Yes, I am about schedule the time". HR said "No, you have to come for the interview tomorrow at 9 am. Very sorry for the last minute change". Well, I attended the interview at 9 am and I was told at the end of the interview that the decision will be communicated with 2 working days. But there is zero communication even after 10 days. What is more disappointing to me is, a company wants to take an interview at their own convenient time within a very short notice, but they don't even bother to inform about the the application status after 10 days even after enquiring about it. There is a severe lack of communication from the company side.

Interview Questions
  • Why should we hire you? Describe the end to end project management life cycle How would you handle cross functional team?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Your Housing Group (Liverpool, England)

Interview

Applied online and was Emailed to select an interview slot in Warrington. After I had selected a Slot and arranged with my employer to attend, I Received an Email the next day stating the interview was now being held in the centre on Liverpool. Upon attending, the interview was held in front of three people. The process involved being posed different scenarios and how I would approach them, and lasted an hour and fifteen minutes. One of the last questions after being asked my notice period was would I be able to pull a four week sicky, main interviewer then stated they would ring me by the Friday that week. That was Four weeks ago so I am assuming that I wont be hearing from them.

4 people found this interview helpful

Your Housing Group

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Your Housing Group in Oct 2016

Interview

Applied online through Careers Portal and was invited to an Interview via email around 5 weeks after I applied. Booked my interview slot for Warrington and received an email next day to say interview had relocated to Liverpool office. Was interviewed by a panel of three managers who seemed nice enough. Interview lasted short of an hour and involved competency based questions. Some of the questions were really bizarre and I felt pressured to answer in a particular way. Finished off by asking notice period and salary expectations. Was told I would hear by Friday and received a phone call from a witheld number at the peculiar time of past 7pm. Was left a rather unspecific voicemail with no contact number and was told I would hear back early next week. Monday and Tuesday passed with no communication. Finally received an email on Wednesday to say I had been unsuccessful and that they had tried to call my number even though I only had one record of this and even this on a Friday evening, who does that to deliver bad news? Overall dissapointing experience, not very professional however having read the other review on here I guess I should be grateful that I at least heard back ha.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had conflict with a colleague and how you concealed your feelings.
  • How do you ensure accuracy in your work.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Your Housing Group (Stafford, England) in Aug 2016

Interview

Own website advert, own CV submitted, invited for interview by email, one formal interview with two interviewers, offered the job by telephone, then background & DBS checks. I was able to then work my one month notice at previous workplace.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you ideal for this role?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Your Housing Group (Warrington, England)

Interview

Applied via web-site, interview just after closing date. I stopped trying after about the first 10 minutes of the interview, as I began to realise the reviews on this site where accurate. I should have took more notice before I wasted a day off! Still waiting for a response, doubt I'll get it as I lost interest - but will reject.

Interview Questions
  • The usual cliché interview questions... why should we employ you, strengths/weaknesses, etc.
4 people found this interview helpful