Youth Villages Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2018

2.6

Clinical Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Memphis, TN) in May 2018.

Interview

Youth Villages recruiter helped me set up interview with Main counselor and Supervisor who both interviewed me and asked a several questions. They also said I could ask questions of them regarding the program, job duties, etc. at any time. Told me they'd be meeting with other applicants but would get back with me within a week for a second interview/job offer.

AmeriCorps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

I applied online through the AmeriCorps portal. I also reached out to the program manager to learn more about the program. I was local so I did a phone call and then an interview on campus.

Family Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Youth Villages in April 2018.

Interview

It was an online interview and then a 40-minute phone screen. It was not too terribly difficult. Quick online application. I just finished the interview so I have not yet received an offer; my interviewer said they would get back to me soon.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge that you face in the workplace?   1 Answer

Masters Level Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Douglasville, GA).

Interview

Repeatedly missed appointments to call and never responded to emails. Set up phone interview, stated they would call, didn’t call, I emailed, they didn’t answer and so on and so forth for over a month. 2 months later told me I didn’t get the job. Seems like their organization related to the hiring process needs work. I would understand if it were someone working as a counselor/staff but this was all from the “hiring manager”.

Teacher Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Very laid back. I enjoyed the interview and They asked good questions. We eventually started talking and so we knew each other, we had a lot in common and the interview was really laid-back and the girls were really cool.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a violent situation   1 Answer

Teacher Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

It was a very easy interview. I was an intern before I got hired full time. The interview questions was very easy questions. If you didn’t get the job then you must of been really bad!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Memphis, TN) in February 2018.

Interview

Started the interview process with recruiter. Got a email about 2 weeks after applying. The recruiter was friendly but did not know much about the job. The next phone interview was with the HM. HM was very personable but did not stay on subject during the interview. It was hard to know whether I should have side bar conversations or try to keep the interview on track. Received a email saying I would not be moving forward in the process.

Behavioral Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I had a phone interview and then a in person. I then went for a second interview which was a observation. Now I have to finish agility requirements. Very simple

Interview Questions

• What does self discipline mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if a child was kicking and spitting on you?   Answer Question

Family Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two phone interviews, one in person interview, and one ride along to a counseling session. Overall, it took about two weeks to complete the entire process and an additional week to get the background check/drug test results back.

Counselor Interview

Interview

There was a lengthy application process with educational background required. There was a phone interview with one individual, then 2 in person interviews. It took approximately 2.5 months from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• What theory do you use when working with clients?   1 Answer