Youth Villages Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Youth Villages Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages in February 2015.

Interview

A re ruiter contacted me and notified me that I had shown interest in the Tennessee area and then asked me if I would consider working in the Massachusetts office. Then she did an initial interview over the phone. Than a week later did a phone interview with a supervisor. Then allowed me to interview in person in two weeks. After being interviewed I was notified within the week that I would be hired.

Interview Questions

• Experience in working with at risk youth. Also alot of scenario questions   1 Answer

Staff Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Woburn, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone screening, then a video conference interview, then a final interview with the hiring manager and a regional director (the interviewing process took about a month). After the final interview, I was told I would hear back in 1 week about their decision. Unfortunately, the hiring manager felt that it wasn’t necessary to notify their applicants that they did not get the position. I sent an email 2 weeks after the final interview took place and never heard back. After all the time spent interviewing, I feel this is totally unprofessional and would not apply here again.

Interview Questions

• Generic behavioral interview questions with a lot scenario questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lake Oswego, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Lake Oswego, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was very professional and positive, and they had me spend about thirty minutes observing and interacting with clients to get a feel for what the job would be like. This was the luck of the draw that I wasn't observing during a crisis situation. Interview ended up lasting overall about an hour and half including the observation time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Arlington, MA).

Interview

Due to the high turn-over rate, YV is always conducting interviews. You are first called from the headquarters in Nashville to obtain the preliminary information. You are then called by the local office to set up an in-person interview. Interview was basically a run down of what the program entails. As long as you pass a background and drug test, you will most likely get hired because they are so desperate for people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Portland, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was then contacted via email for a phone interview by a recruiter. Spoke for about 40 minutes, the job was outlined and pay and schedule were touch on. then the interviewer opened it up to any questions I had.. very relaxed and easy, recruiter was open and honest. I declined to move further as the job didn't completely match up to my career goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a resident that is upset and disturbing other residents while they sleep?   Answer Question

IT Network Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Was really good - till they just disappeared out of the blue with no explanation. They out-of-the-blue turned a job with full benefits to contract based. I was really confused on why, and never got a response from anyone working there.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

Sent in my application and received an email a few weeks later about an interview. Scheduled a phone interview with Sister Barbara, who was very kind and friendly. The interview lasted about 30ish minutes. The questions weren't hard at all; it was more like a chat. Heard back a few months later about being hired.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, what animal would you be? (not difficult, just unexpected because it came randomly towards the end)   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Memphis, TN) in February 2018.

Interview

Started the interview process with recruiter. Got a email about 2 weeks after applying. The recruiter was friendly but did not know much about the job. The next phone interview was with the HM. HM was very personable but did not stay on subject during the interview. It was hard to know whether I should have side bar conversations or try to keep the interview on track. Received a email saying I would not be moving forward in the process.

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Memphis, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

It was an open house interview. I observed in a classroom and then I was interviewed by a panel of people. It was easy to find and I felt welcomed by the staff and leadership.

Interview Questions

• Name three traits of a good employee.   1 Answer

Teacher I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

It was a very cordial, relaxed process; however, a computer glitch voided my eligibility for the position. I had to do the groundwork to correct this issue with little initiative from the company. A phone interview was later followed by a group interview and informational meeting. A 1-on-1 interview was the final step. All portions of the process were relaxed and friendly. I had a feeling that high turnover contributed to the mass of people hired from my cohort.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a child in crises during class?   1 Answer