Youth Villages Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.6

IT Network Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Memphis, TN) in February 2017.

Interview

Was really good - till they just disappeared out of the blue with no explanation. They out-of-the-blue turned a job with full benefits to contract based. I was really confused on why, and never got a response from anyone working there.

LifeSet Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Durham, NC).

Interview

Two step interview process. Scenarios given to understand your on the fly intervention development for youth. Word association exercise. Question and answer opportunity in regard to concerns and expectations of the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• What role do you feel you would be best suited for as you indicated an interest in several positions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Southbridge, MA

Interview

Was a bit much. One would think that after 3 interviews with three different individuals you would be able to get the most qualified candidates and not just hire to fill positions and maintain numbers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The compensation is low for the amount of work that is expected of you. The company wants you to be a specialist 24/7 and your clients come first no matter what. Very unrealistic!
    Management is horrible half are under qualified and the worst part is that instead of being supportive they have this attitude that they are better than everyone. The use intimidation and out right accusations to get staff to comply.
    When you interview they paint this beautiful picture of how great everything is.. but is not.
    They have had some great staff .. who do so much for the overall mission of the company but lack of support when situations get tough sends them all running!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Three steps. First was a phone interview with a phone recruiter from a different state. He explained benefits, the job, and asked questions from my resume for me to elaborate on my experiences. Second was an interview with the regional director in my state. The third interview was with a clinical supervisor. The second and third interviews are spilt up between "regular" questions and clinical vignettes.

Interview Questions

• Free associations... What do you think of when you hear these words and how do you think they'd impact your role at YV?: integrity, accountability, team building and two others I can't remember (one of which may have been leadership?)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Durham, NC).

Interview

I had an initial phone screening and then two interviews in person. The first interview was very informative and transparent about the demands of the job. It seemed that the transparency was due to concern of their high turnover as a result of burnout. I was told to expect to work over 40 hours with a non-negotiable salary of $35,000. The interviewers were laid back and friendly. However, I was surprised at how in-depth the interview questions were for such an incredibly low-paying job. Be prepared for many crisis questions and vignettes. I felt that the interview went very well, however I was not offered a position. I politely requested feedback, but they were unwilling.

Interview Questions

• They had two double-sided pages with questions. Many questions were vignettes that were read off and then I had to explain the interventions I would set in place. They also asked to explain the words (integrity, persistence, engagement, team work).   Answer Question

Staff Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Woburn, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone screening, then a video conference interview, then a final interview with the hiring manager and a regional director (the interviewing process took about a month). After the final interview, I was told I would hear back in 1 week about their decision. Unfortunately, the hiring manager felt that it wasn’t necessary to notify their applicants that they did not get the position. I sent an email 2 weeks after the final interview took place and never heard back. After all the time spent interviewing, I feel this is totally unprofessional and would not apply here again.

Interview Questions

• Generic behavioral interview questions with a lot scenario questions   Answer Question

Transitional Living Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

I was contacted by email to set up a time for a phone interview to talk more about the position. The interview lasted about an hour. I was told my information would be passed on to the person who makes the hiring decisions for more interviews.

Social Worker/Interventionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

I applied for the job over the weekend. By Monday, I had received an offer for a phone interview, which was actually more of a screening from a worker in Memphis, TN. I was asked about experience and given a few scenarios. The worker was not able to answer questions about the geographic areas within the state where I would be working. I was told I would be expected to be on call 24/7 for my clients which would number 4-6. I was also informed that there were around (3) one hour sessions per week required with each family, which had to be around the clients' schedules. The second phone interview, I was told I was expected to move within 15-20 of my clients residences. Since they still would not tell me what exact area that was in, I wondered how a company could possibly make that request. I ended the interview after that information was conveyed to me. Their expectations are the most ridiculous I've ever heard and the pay was very low.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about what types of counseling I was experienced with and asked about specific scenarios and how I would respond. They asked if I knew how to make a treatment plan.   Answer Question

Teacher's Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages (Arlington, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

a phone interview, then an in-person interview during which you shadow a class for half an hour - during the interviews, i was asked about my past experience working with youth with emotional and behavioral disorders and if i knew anything about collaborative problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Q: what do you know about collaborative problem solving?   Answer Question

LifeSet Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Youth Villages.

Interview

I applied online and immediately got an email requesting a phone interview. Interview was conducted within a couple of days. I was then told someone would be contacting me in a few days to set up an in-person interview. I didn't hear from anyone for about 2 weeks. To give them credit, the person who finally called apologized profusely and explained the reason for the delay. I had my in-person interview a few days later and was told I did a great job and that they would be in touch within a few days. I never heard from them again. Luckily, I received another job offer just after that so I took it but I felt this interview/hiring process was very poorly handled. At least give someone an answer either way.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview...standard questions (experience, interest level in work, etc.)
      in-person interview was mostly scenarios and how I would handle the situations.
      Answer Question