KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jun 11, 2021

3.3
Youth Villages CEO Patrick Lawler
Patrick Lawler
Pros
  • "It provides the opportunity to truly give back to your community and improve the lives of children and families(in 27 reviews)

• "I am currently seeking licensure with support from YV(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Difficult maintaining a work-life balance(in 85 reviews)

• "Long hours, mandatory transports on off days(in 53 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Opportunities

Jun 7, 2021 - Regional Manager in Memphis, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ongoing training and development opportunities

Cons

Salaries should be more competitive, but there’s been improvements overall.

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! We have worked to ensure that every frontline employee who works directly with youth receives reasonable, competitive compensation.  (All Youth Villages full-time positions begin at least at $15 an hour.) We also offer a competitive benefits package that rivals that of many for-profit companies. The continuing enhancement of salary and benefits is at the forefront of our CEO’s priorities in every location that we serve. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not what it seemed to be

Jun 11, 2021 - Behavior Counselor in Douglasville, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Starting pay rate was great for entry level

Cons

16 hour shift Covid Protocol

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not sure what this section is asking for

May 5, 2021 - Residential Night Monitor in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being able to share my love for working with at risk youth. Working with leadership on ways to improve youth's overall stay at the facility. The facility offers many opportunities for the youth (ie caring for rescue animals, horseback riding, learning to play instruments, canoe riding, etc)

Cons

It is difficult not to become attached to the youth as many of them don't have close family relationships. It is understandable that this is not encouraged. Oftentimes one wants to give items (for example clothing) to those less fortunate that don't have very much to call their own and this was difficult.

Youth Villages

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for your time with our organization, and we wish you well in your future endeavors. Thank you for your time with us!

4. 4.0

Challenging but worth it

Feb 24, 2021 - Family Intervention Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

You are always learning new things. Good professional development role for social workers. Working with kids and their families. Creating good outcomes for people. A great team of supervisors who are always available to help. Teams we work on feel homey. People care about each other here. I would have stayed in the job if my personal life circumstances let me

Cons

There is lots of documentation. They says it’s collaborative so there isn’t much outside of sessions but that’s not entirely true. Having 5 families is hard with so much paperwork. Drive time sucks if you get one or Two that’s out of the way. They say it is a flexible schedule but when it comes down to it, it isn’t. Higher up management doesn’t talk to you until a case goes wrong and then they put you in the hot seat, criticize you, and tries to call it “support”

1 person found this review helpful

Youth Villages

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a thoughtful review about your experience working at Youth Villages. During the hiring process, we aim to be very transparent about the non-traditional hours and scheduling that is required for many of our positions. Employees enjoy the flexibility of working with company-issued laptops and creating their own meeting schedules, but it does require time management skills. We understand our line of work may require extra time, particularly if a child or family is in crisis. The work required at times can be demanding, but hopefully fulfilling and beneficial to all involved. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Burn out is not your fault

Jun 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

You'll learn a lot especially if you work with them right out of school

Cons

There is no work like balance. The company has chronic staffing issues due to burn out when they address by just dumping more work on already burnt out employees. Then blames the person when they leave, saying that the person couldn't cut it.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work!

May 18, 2021 - Clinical Supervisor in Raynham, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Competitive Salary - Culture of the office - Supportive environment - Opportunity for Growth - Cell phone/Mileage compensation - Having an impact on children and families - Constant direction with treatment from leadership

Cons

- Work/Life balance - On call system needs revamping - Benefits

7. 3.0
      Current Employee

It’s ok but sometimes not worth it

Jun 7, 2021 - Family Specialist in Cookeville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is decent. The training is good

Cons

Benefits could be better. Stop shuffling staff from one supervisor to the next.

8. 3.0

Job

Jun 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good staff members to work with.

Cons

It can be overwhelming sometimes

9. 2.0

Quick Burnout - Little Support

May 5, 2021 - Family Intervention Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to make your own schedule (as long as it works with your clients).

Cons

You are immediately thrown into the work and have very little actual training of the job you are tasked to do. The training you do receive is mostly about the company itself and not about specific jobs. When something goes even a little wrong, you are made to feel incompetent. You are given little time to complete everything (which is an industry wide issue, not just YV). You get things like random free lunches and swag bags instead of a pay increase.

Youth Villages

Thank you for your feedback! We strive to maintain open communication with management and our colleagues. At Youth Villages, children’s needs come first but we also believe in being committed to our staff’s success and support. That said, we take your concerns very seriously and will take this feedback to the appropriate teams. Please reach out to us to share any additional feedback at feedback@youthvillages.org.

10. 3.0

Okay

May 28, 2021 - Clinical Supervisor in Greensboro, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, mostly great people to work with

Cons

Leadership expects too much at times. Lacks versatility and compassion for their staff.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 632 Reviews