ZEISS Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZEISS Group Interview Questions

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ZEISS Group.

Interview

Multiple meetings, multiple people, multiple locations, took six weeks . Focused on sales skills and technical knowledge . Very friendly and open discussions. Highly qualified interviewers. It was a very pleasant yet personally stressful experience.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZEISS Group.

Interview

Lengthy,

On-line application, One week.

Face to face with hiring manager - Two weeks

Face to face with executive staff - two more weeks

Offer - two more weeks

Very pleasant experience, great people to work with

Interview Questions

• Typical questions

Time when a group project failed, succeeded

"Tell me about yourself"

How can you fit an elephant into a refrigerator?

How would your co workers describe you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (Maple Grove, MN).

Interview

2 phone interviews and an in person interview. After filling out an online application and submitting a resume, I was contacted by a Zeiss recruiter (~2 weeks) to set up a phone interview. The first phone interview (1 week) was with the recruiter ~15min. Then a phone interview with 3 managers (1week). Finally an in person interview with the same 3 hiring managers (1week).

Interview Questions

• Why is customer service important?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to overcome an obstacle while teaching.   Answer Question
    • What's your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company? (First interview) What have you learned about the company? (every subsequent interview)   Answer Question

Strategic Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Incredible messy, we were kicked out of the room that was reserved for the round one interview. Two of the folks interviewing me said "they don't know why they were chosen to interview me" and had to ask where I was "so far in the process". The process itself consisted of two phone screens, two in person interviews and 2 weeks of pressuring the HR team to do there part in the process.

Applications Engineer Interview

Interview

I found the posting online, and applied. I was contacted by HR to set up a phone screen. That was a basic interview with HR, and gave me more information about the position. A week later, they set up another phone interview with three hiring managers, one from each division of the position. A week after that interview, I was told that I would not be advancing in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I knew about the position and the company.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZEISS Group in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an email to set up a phone screening interview. The interview was 30 minutes, very straight forward. Within the next day I recieved a second email in which they invited me to a second interview.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (Maple Grove, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Recruiter, lasted about an hour. Very thorough, asked what I knew about Zeiss Industrial Metrology, about my career history, and some example questions from things I had done in my career previously. About a week later I was contacted to let me know I was not moving forward in the process, Recruiter gave feedback on the decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Zeiss? Tell me about a time you had to . . .   Answer Question

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornwood, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (Thornwood, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and took about a month to hear back. Phone interview followed by on site interview within a week. On site interview lasted about 4 hours with a half hour presentation. At the end of the interview, I was told it would be a quick turn around and will let me know their decision either way. About a month later, several emails to the person in charge, I did not receive any response.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornwood, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (Thornwood, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by ~10 people throughout the day. Sometimes with 1 interviewer and sometimes with 2. Started the day at 8 am and ended around 5. It was pretty exhausting.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (San Diego, CA).

Interview

In initial phone screen by the recruiter, followed by several 1:1 meetings involving direct manager and other members of the management team, followed by closing interview by a human resources representative.

Interview Questions

• All of the interview questions were fairly standard and routine.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little negotiation involved. You are presented with a package.