ZEISS Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

Sort:

Strategic Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Incredible messy, we were kicked out of the room that was reserved for the round one interview. Two of the folks interviewing me said "they don't know why they were chosen to interview me" and had to ask where I was "so far in the process". The process itself consisted of two phone screens, two in person interviews and 2 weeks of pressuring the HR team to do there part in the process.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yonkers, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (Yonkers, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Got job as a temporaty worker through an agency, Hired permanately after 3 months.Met with manager, talked about her personal life and the people she did not like in the office. Seemed to be looking for a new person to join her side.

Negotiation

How much you looking for?

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (San Diego, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter who was very polite and set up the interview at they company offices. After a brief talk with the recruiter, I was interviewed by two different members of the management. One of them was very late (I sat and waited in the room for 20 minutes). It tuned out to be the direct supervisor for the open position. When she finally showed up, she offered no apologies for lateness and proceeded by asking slightly bizarre questions like which functions in Excel I know how to use. I have 10+ yrs of excel experience and consider myself an advanced user, but even a complete novice could figure out pretty much everything since few software packages have a help database as extensive as MS Office.

Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (Ontario, CA) in October 2018.

Interview

Very friendly team. The interviewers did a great job describing the details of the job and I could visualize what I could potentially be doing there on a daily basis. There was also no issue to reschedule the interview on short notice.

Only issue is HR will ignore getting in first contact. Took many weeks after I applied online to get in contact.

Interview Questions

• Can you work Overtime due to being understaffed at the moment?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZEISS Group in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and recieved an email to set up a phone screening interview. The interview was 30 minutes, very straight forward. Within the next day I recieved a second email in which they invited me to a second interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (Maple Grove, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. She gave me some information about the position and we had a short phone screen. Several days later I spoke with the hiring manager. I then flew out to Minneapolis for the final interview. I had 2 hiring managers speak with me, one via virtual conference. After about an hour and a half, we took a tour of the facility.

HR booked a turn-a-round trip, so I was up at 4am and didn't get home until 11pm. I think this seriously effected the quality of my interview.
    Additionally, I asked for feedback and was provided nothing constructive.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you handled a personal conflict with a coworker or team member   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you solved a technical problem with an out of the box approach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (Maple Grove, MN).

Interview

2 phone interviews and an in person interview. After filling out an online application and submitting a resume, I was contacted by a Zeiss recruiter (~2 weeks) to set up a phone interview. The first phone interview (1 week) was with the recruiter ~15min. Then a phone interview with 3 managers (1week). Finally an in person interview with the same 3 hiring managers (1week).

Interview Questions

• Why is customer service important?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to overcome an obstacle while teaching.   Answer Question
    • What's your biggest accomplishment?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about the company? (First interview) What have you learned about the company? (every subsequent interview)   Answer Question

Applications Engineering Manager Interview

Interview

Took a ridiculous length of time. Very little communication. Gave me the feeling HR really didn't know what they were doing. 10 year old industrial psychology format. Almost felt embarrassed for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe what I think Customer Centricity means   1 Answer

Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZEISS Group.

Interview

I found job posting through LinkedIn and submitted my resume through the website. I was contacted through email for a phone interview to discuss my past experiences and qualifications for the job. I was instructed to provide convenient times for a 30 min window. Instructions for the phone interview were provided in the follow up email.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZEISS Group (Maple Grove, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a Recruiter, lasted about an hour. Very thorough, asked what I knew about Zeiss Industrial Metrology, about my career history, and some example questions from things I had done in my career previously. About a week later I was contacted to let me know I was not moving forward in the process, Recruiter gave feedback on the decision.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Zeiss? Tell me about a time you had to . . .   Answer Question