Zacks Investment Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Zacks Investment Research

2.6

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First I was given coding tests which takes at least a day to finish! Then went onsite for 1 hour interview, which was very easy. Later the recruiter called me and said the team wanted me to work onsite free for 3 days to finish two tasks as a process for further interview!!!!!! Stay away from the PHP team of Zack's! This is ridiculous! It wasted me hours to do the coding test!

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

First must complete an Online questionnaire. Then quick in-person interview with one member of the company. Questions are mainly about personal background and skills. Very relaxed atmosphere. Looks like a great place to work.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Showed me the product I was going to be selling. They then asked me questions about my selling ability and why I would want the role. The interview was no longer then 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous experience help you in this role?   Answer Question

Applications Interview

Interview

nterview process took roughly 2-3 weeks. The actual interview was conversational. General interview questions about background and aptitude. I received an offer within three weeks of applying. The manager seemed very intelligent and well educated, someone that would be a good team leader, I only declined becau

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be successful in this role?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone/email. The process was a combination of phone calls and email follow-ups and then an in-person interview. I found the process fresh and exciting - i.e., the experience felt less than traditional interview and hiring experiences I've had. I really enjoyed it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Intense. A lot of back and forth. In the end, I held firm to my beliefs and my 3rd(?) counter offer was accepted.

Sales Interview

Interview

Interview process was very standard for entry level. They asked basic questions any sales job would. Why do you want to be in sales? Are you comfortable cold calling? Do you have any financial background?

Financial Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research in July 2014.

Interview

applied online and first phone interview and then on site interview. Two interviewers came to the interview. Nice conversation but you have to show a lot of soft skills including hard skills too.

Interview Questions

• What's the something new you can bring to the position?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research in March 2018.

Interview

Straightforward and only dealt with key senior people so i may have had an atypical experience. It was, we need someone, when can you start. Great group....no bureaucracy getting in or while working there. very happy

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

I was excited about the role and the people I spoke to but was disappointed about their Non Compete Agreement which I only became aware of when given the contract to review. The NCA prohibited working at another firm in a sales role for 1 year after working at Zacks. For the pay-level and investment on their end I was shocked by this restriction.

Had a brief phone call followed by a visit to the office for another position. It took quite a while to hear back but was then interviewed for another role. The interviewers were kind and it was relaxed. Before any of this, they asked me to fill out a questionnaire determining sales aptitude and personality.

Interview Questions

• Q: Walk me through your resume
      Q: Are you at all nervous about calling financial advisors on the phone?   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Very laid back, only interviewed by two people. Everyone is really nice and if you just read up on the website beforehand and have a good idea of the Zacks Rank process, you'll be fine. Showing an interest in the stock market and having potential for going into sales seems to be most important.