Zacks Investment Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zacks Investment Research Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

2.9

Applications Interview

Interview

nterview process took roughly 2-3 weeks. The actual interview was conversational. General interview questions about background and aptitude. I received an offer within three weeks of applying. The manager seemed very intelligent and well educated, someone that would be a good team leader, I only declined becau

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be successful in this role?   1 Answer

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First I was given coding tests which takes at least a day to finish! Then went onsite for 1 hour interview, which was very easy. Later the recruiter called me and said the team wanted me to work onsite free for 3 days to finish two tasks as a process for further interview!!!!!! Stay away from the PHP team of Zack's! This is ridiculous! It wasted me hours to do the coding test!

Financial Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research in July 2014.

Interview

applied online and first phone interview and then on site interview. Two interviewers came to the interview. Nice conversation but you have to show a lot of soft skills including hard skills too.

Interview Questions

• What's the something new you can bring to the position?   Answer Question

Financial Data Quality Control Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research in July 2014.

Interview

After two initial phone interviews, I was given a written assignment and an Excel assignment to do at home. Both were relatively simple and representative of the work the position would entail, but were nevertheless time-consuming. After I satisfactorily completed the assignments, I was invited for a final in-person interview, during which I was asked the same questions as in the phone interviews and then had to walk through the two assignments out loud. I was told I did so perfectly, and that the interviewers loved my personality and demeanor and wish they could hire me on the spot. After trying to reach out afterwards, I never ended up being informed of any decision.

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Very laid back, only interviewed by two people. Everyone is really nice and if you just read up on the website beforehand and have a good idea of the Zacks Rank process, you'll be fine. Showing an interest in the stock market and having potential for going into sales seems to be most important.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Fresno, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Nothing very special and tricky. Human Resource introduction, then 1:1 with the manager about technical problem. Last is lunch with the coho and manager. I would consider that the lunch is also a type of informal interview. Be careful your eating portion and eating speed.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Chicago, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by phone/email. The process was a combination of phone calls and email follow-ups and then an in-person interview. I found the process fresh and exciting - i.e., the experience felt less than traditional interview and hiring experiences I've had. I really enjoyed it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Intense. A lot of back and forth. In the end, I held firm to my beliefs and my 3rd(?) counter offer was accepted.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Chicago, IL) in May 2010.

Interview

They call you after reviewing your resume. You go in for an interview and you usually wait for a month to hear a response. It may take longer because they seem to procrastinate with those kinds of things

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I can't answer that question because I haven't been in that situation to ask.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

It was the most disgusted interview pricess. They asked you to give 4 exams and then reject you. They will also tell you that you will get notification about your candidature status but after 1.5 yrs you will not be informed.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zacks Investment Research (Kolkata (India)).

Interview

Face to Face interview with department head where technical questions were asked as well as educational background, HR interview was asked about previous experience, if any, technical knowledge and general HR questions.

Interview Questions

• What happens if Debt-equity ratio is increased in a company?   Answer Question