Zayo Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 121 of over 121 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Zayo

Zayo

Application

I interviewed at Zayo

Interview

Pretty straight forward process. First contacted by HR and then by hiring manager. Went through two interviews each being about an hour. After about three weeks, I was given a lowball offer which I declined. It was a waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest strength?
    1 Answer

Zayo

Application

I interviewed at Zayo

Interview

Relatively easy. Not to stress. Know basic telecom and how to work your way around complex problems. Might have take home assignment before interview to check knowledge — be wary of this, can be a relatively easy assignment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zayo

Application

I interviewed at Zayo

Interview

Asked about previous history . Then asked about the more technical questions. Then talked about the company and the position in which you would be filing. Also why you left your previous employer.

Interview Questions
  • What technical support have you done?

Zayo

Application

I interviewed at Zayo

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Had a total of two interviews. One with a recent hire who was a part of the internship program the year or two before and the other was with someone working in a higher position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo (Denver, CO) in Nov 2020

Interview

I submitted an application which was followed by a phone screen with recruiter. Next, interview with hiring manager, 3 hour technical challenge, follow up interview with team. Fairly standard interview process for developer role.

Interview Questions
  • Mainly object oriented programming questions and some database questions.

Zayo

Application

I interviewed at Zayo

Interview

Not a lot of substance or thought it seemed from the interviewer. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. No follow up or feedback from the company. Just seemed like they were going thru the motion and not really looking for a hire.

Interview Questions
  • What experience and customers have you worked for?

Zayo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo

Interview

Had a phone screen with recruiter who expressed a lot of enthusiasm that I was a solid candidate for the role. During my 30-min. interview with the hiring manager, I was told to my face that the hiring manager made the decision to move forward with hiring. Was given a call afterward by the in-house recruiter who said, "I wanted to extend my congratulations!" Then: heard nothing. After checking in 5 days later, I was told they were finishing the final interviews that week. TWO WEEKS LATER, I got an automatic email from their HRIS saying they decided to go in a different direction. I have recruited in the past, and have never seen this kind of move pulled. Feeling like I definitely dodged a bullet here with this level of deceit!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zayo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo

Interview

Two phone call interviews that had general questions. Asked about experiences on resume and had a question segment at the end. Phone interviews were pretty quick, and I heard back quickly after each call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zayo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo in Sep 2020

Interview

1. Call with recruiter 2. Video call with the team 3. Case study 4. Video call with manager The interview process was easy, but I saw some red flags right away. First, every single person I spoke to called me a diversity hire to my face. Threw me off and gave the impression that I was only being considered because I wasn't a straight, white male. Second, the video call with the team was disorganized. People were late, and they kept asking me the same question over and over. They left me exactly one minute to ask them questions. Showed how little they valued my time. When I had my final interview with the manager, he would ask me a question, check his emails, and not listen. Everyone is busy (and I understand that), but at least have the decency to not visibly check your phone when your video camera is turned on

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why financial analysis? 2. Explain VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables 3. How are your excel skills? 4. Explain how income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows connect

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO) in Aug 2020

Interview

Brief 30m initial phone screen with the manager, then full behavioral quasi-interview with the team, only to get ghosted after by the hiring manager. The interview in question was 30 minutes with the team (entire team), which was more of a show-and-tell for HM. There were 5 minutes dedicated for questions aimed at the candidate. Not a positive experience.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 121 Interviews