Zayo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zayo Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.5

Data Center Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zayo in August 2017.

Interview

I felt both the phone and in-person interview were both professional and comfortably laid-back. I never felt on the spot or under any undue pressure to dazzle with my answers, I was able to speak to what I knew, and I never felt like either of the interviewers thought any less of me when I was unfamiliar with a tech or practice that they'd asked about.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in my experience with terminating various cable types, and wanted to know proper color-coding and order.   Answer Question

Network Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Two phone screening calls were performed; one from the primary hiring manager, and the second from the hiring manager and a senior engineer. The phone calls were arranged by the recruiter and didn't last more than 20-30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your previous work experience fits with this position?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Found them on a job site. Submitted an application (somewhat less painless than usual) and had an interview with three cool-ass people.These are all some of the coolest people ever. No real awkward or uncomfortable moments, they wanted to know that I had experience with the technology I worked with and more about what I do with my life outside of the office and where I saw myself with the company

Interview Questions

• Describe the process that you would take on a windows machine if it couldnt connect to the internet/its DHCP was misconfigured or something like that   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Straight forward. No BS. Friendly folks who asked reasonable questions based on my resume. They were happy to share info about the company and seemed genuinely interested in me and my back ground.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zayo.

Interview

Interviewed with a incredibly intelligent individual. It was slightly intimidating but he turned out to be a very great guy. If I had interviewed with the other hiring manager I probably would not have got the job to begin with.

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zayo in February 2017.

Interview

In person interview at their data center with the hiring manager. Mostly, he talked and asked few questions. Followed up with two emails. He answered first one saying he would be in touch. He ignored second. No clue what happened.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Zayo.

Interview

Someone from the company headhunted me and I agreed to come in for a interview. I was not looking for a job. What was surprising to me is everything went well and then I did not even get one email or telephone call back after they specifically told me the interview went well and would call me. I just feel the respect of a two sentence email should not be that hard to do.

Interview Questions

• What kind of companies do you work with? Asking specific details about configurations.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zayo (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Talked with a woman on the phone about the position in a screening interview, and was then brought into the Denver office for a full interview. I first met with the team in a panel-type interview on a conference call. Then I met with the manager of the team 1 on 1. Everyone was very kind and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about a job that may extend beyond the "typical" work hours on occasion?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with stressful situation/people?   Answer Question

NOC Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo.

Interview

Was straight through but the questions were not really related to the job. The topics were relevant but really had nothing to do with your ability to perform the role they were hiring for. Overall, it was very easy to get through

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zayo (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with two people, 30 minutes per interview. They asked pretty standard interview questions and told me a lot about the company and why I would want to work here.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? What are you looking for in this job?   Answer Question