Zayo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zayo Interview Questions

Interviews at Zayo

2.4

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo in November 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a 30 min phone interview. Easy questions and I thought the interview went really well, but I never heard back from them. Would've reached out to check but I got an offer from another company.

Interview Questions

• What do you think will be the most difficult part about this position   Answer Question
    • What role do you usually take when working in a team   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were working on something and another project came up on short notice? How did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO) in October 2019.

Interview

Pretty easy process, I first went in to talk with the recruiter on one occasion and was then on a later date interviewed by the management team. I thought everything went really well but I never heard back from the company.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO).

Interview

They mostly asked about what kind of projects I have been working on and if I knew anything about salesforce. They also gave me a couple of 'puzzle questions' to solve that weren't even coding questions.

Interview Questions

• If you have three light switches and three light bulbs in a separate room and you are only allowed to enter the room one time, how can you tell which switch goes to which light.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO) in August 2019.

Interview

Brief interview with 2-3 Managers in the department I am applying for. Afterwards, they offered me time to sit with a few of the team members, shadow and ask informal questions

Interview Questions

• What is a time where you had to deliver not so great news?   Answer Question

Account Manager and Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO) in August 2019.

Interview

Overall I have found the interviewing process at Zayo to be very frustrating. I applied to three positions in the past several months, and scheduled three interviews. Sadly they were all three with the same recruiter. In the first interview for a Account Manager position I was told that me resume was going to be forwarded to the hiring manager. I never heard anything back even after following up several times. I applied for the AM position again to find out what was going on, and I scheduled another interview. He was 15 minutes late so I ignored the call thinking that if he is going to be so unprofessional, twice, do I want to talk to him. I applied for a Customer Success position, and sadly I was asked to do a screening call with him. Again. I scheduled a time with him, and fifteen minutes before the call he e mailed me asking to reschedule because a managers meeting came up. I let him know that this would not work for me since I scheduled my day around this time. He called me ten minutes after our scheduled time, and at this point I was pretty upset. He told me that he had to take the internal meeting and fires come up. He did apologize profusely to his credit. I let him know how unprofessional he was for the third time, a lack of planning on their part shouldn't have an impact a meeting scheduled days in advance, and how can recruiting have a fire? It isn't as if it's mission critical for Zayo. I was flustered and I ended the call shortly with him since I wasn't in the right state of mind to finish the call. Frankly after learning about the low pay (40K base +20 variable) for the AM position and the employee reviews of Zayo I am not too bothered about passing on this.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo in July 2019.

Interview

Started fast with 3 interviews done within several days. Then after meeting with division president (in his 40's), he felt very uncomfortable more likely because I am no longer a youngster (in the 20's or 30's). Regardless, based on the positive note from previous interviews (VP & Director) I felt good regarding the outcome. Then nothing happened for several weeks. Very unprofessional. Reached out to the recruiter and after a while he wrote back that they decided on another candidate. And yes - they expected 15+ years experience!

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO) in June 2019.

Interview

The referral and scheduling teams were very efficient and went out of their way to help. However, the team that interviewed me was very poor in their communications. The interviewers were not prepared and asked basic SQL join related question. Most of the questions were behavioral and for most part of the interview, I was asked to come up with questions. After the actual interview, I never heard back from the team despite multiple follow ups and ultimately got to know that someone else was offered the position, through a mutual friend. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zayo.

Interview

About what you'd expect. I don't have more to add than that. No really, there isn't more to add to this. This was a normal interview process for an IP position. Really, Really still not enough characters to satisfy Glassdoor?

Interview Questions

• They quizzed me about networking protocols and equipment.   1 Answer

Salesforce Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO) in April 2019.

Interview

The first step was a pre-interview call to see if personalities/ambitions matched. I was then invited to the office for an in-person interview which was between a junior developer and more experienced employee. They asked standard background questions about my resume, and asked a few technical questions (that were a bit like brain teasers).

Interview Questions

• What is one process I would improve at my part-time student job?   Answer Question
    • How can you add subtract 2 numbers without declaring a new variable?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO) in March 2019.

Interview

Multiple interviews with Talented Acquisition, Legal and Underlying Rights Departments. Very focused on trainability and willingness to learn new skillsets. Also interested to know how education and peronsonal life supported a candidates ability to thrive under high performance expectation.

Interview Questions

• What are the skillsets that best serve this role?   1 Answer