Zodiac Aerospace Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.4

Director of Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zodiac Aerospace (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The recruiter that interviewed me asked me the same question several times which told me she was not listening. She appeared to be not taking notes which is legally required. Horrible experience!

Interview Questions

• She asked the same questions over and over and it appears she was not taking notes during the process.   1 Answer

Electro-mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zodiac Aerospace (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview jointly with manager and department head. Each took turns asking me about my previous position, and how I would approach the various problems and tasks they were experience. The questions were at times vague which made them more difficult to answer. I did have an opportunity to ask questions and I felt I received honest responses to them.

Interview Questions

• How do you evaluate large quantities of data   1 Answer

Design Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Zodiac Aerospace (Cypress, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

-applied through agency
    -pushed HR to check the status of my application
    -on site interview
    -interviewed with Director of Engineering and as well as the Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor
    -normal personality questions mixed with on the job knowledge on manufacturing processes

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Zodiac Aerospace (Carson, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

ONE ON ONE WITH DIFFERENT MANAGERS during the interview process. The questions varied and called upon my expereienc with test equipment and issues i helped in resolving. The managers were very responsive and helpful during the interview process. It was very welcoming experience.

Test Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zodiac Aerospace.

Interview

I sat with three senior engineers and they talked about my past experiences and asked questions regarding testing. The engineers I talked to seemed nice and friendly. I was given a tour of the testing area and it seemed like a nice environment to work at.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zodiac Aerospace (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager and some of their team. Then an in person interview at the facility. Meet with manager other engineers and then the director. Went to lunch with some of the team. Then a skills test and facility tour and the interview was over. Called back later that day for a 1 on 1 with the director.

Interview Questions

• Questions about experience with injection molded parts, machined parts and DFMA.   1 Answer

Senior Assembly Technician Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zodiac Aerospace.

Interview

The company has an unrealistic expectation for the level of experience >4 years and pay that they offer with no real fancy benefits either. I was informed that vacation is not allowed for a great deal of time (~8 months for a single day off for example), and they were quite inflexible in general by the seemingly offensive tone they took when I asked what the policies were as to vacation/flexibility/so forth which seems in line with other reviews regarding "blackout" dates. It was certainly a one sided interview where all questions I asked were met with hostility, or accusations.

The interviewer really seemed to struggle with the process of giving the interview. I saw no realistic opportunity for advancement at this company. Answers to any questions I had were relatively vague such as minimum time for advancement, pay raises, etc. I recommend looking elsewhere unless you want to be in a high turnover job. Anyone who can pass a drug test, and can count to 10 would be qualified to take this job in my opinion. No skill needed here. At least everyone seemed to speak good english.

Interview Questions

• What revision is the blueprint, What do flags means, where is XYZ part, etc.   Answer Question

I was offered pay around $13.50/hr when they asked for ~4 years experience, no decent benefits, horrible vacation policy, and the management really didn't understand the difference in my certifications I had nor my experience in equivalent form. (For this purpose you can use the example of "Can you drive a Mini Cooper?", to where you reply you can drive a Prius, or any Sedan and they would not accept that)

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zodiac Aerospace (Bellingham, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position as an internal employee of this company in a similar but lower role. Then I was selected among the applicants to go for an in person interview with the respective manager and supervisor. The two people interviewing took turns asking general interview questions among a list of interview questions that were printed off on a sheet of paper before them. The interview took about half an hour.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing in the future career-wise?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zodiac Aerospace.

Interview

Talked to many different Manufacturing engineers who walked me through the plant and then did a few one on one interviews. Took about an hour to go through the entire plant and then talked to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager one on one. During the walk through of the plant, you get to see all the other manufacturing engineers and they introduce themselves to you.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze the process in order to make the flow more efficient?   Answer Question

Maintenance Journeyman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zodiac Aerospace (Gainesville, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview conducted by board of maintenance supervisors. Round robin type questioning covering various maintenance topics, experience, and "what if" scenarios. A brief written test and an oral exam based on a randomly chosen schematic. Good topics to know include current electrical code for industrial setting, motors, generators, logical troubleshooting, pneumatics, and hydraulics. The interview lasted approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• What is the minimum gauge wire for power cords.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wouldn't discuss at interview. Basically stated if offer was made it would be decided at that time.