ZoomInfo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZoomInfo Interview Questions

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZoomInfo (Waltham, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

Interview process took about 3 weeks. Started out with a straight forward phone call with hiring manager. Was told that he thought I would be an incredible fit at the company. Next step was in person interviews, I went into their Waltham office and was interviewed by sales manager, and a team lead (others who normally would be in the process were traveling). I was told after my in person that everything was great, and to expect to come back to do a "30-60-90 Day Presentation".

In the meantime I received an offer from a direct competitor of theirs. I told the hiring manager and HR Manager about the offer and how I needed to make a quick decision. I received a call from hiring manager as well as an email stating he thinks I would be a great fit and wished that I would put off the offer. I took his advice and ended up declining the offer.

I was then given 1.5 days to come up with a presentation. You an imagine how difficult that is in that timeframe given I already work a full time job which is not the typical 9-5 hours. I went in and presented to three people in the room, and two people remotely. It was very frustrating that during the presentation it was set up in a way that I did not know who to look at or which camera was looking at me. I completed the presentation and the hiring manager told me he had to find out when the next new hire class began, and that he would circle back with rest of team and get back to me.

Today I was told that my presentation didn't "wow them enough". Boy am I kicking myself for turning down my other offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell them about a difficult closed/win that I experienced and how I overcame the difficulties   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ZoomInfo in August 2017.

Interview

I've never experienced such bad attitude to a candidate.

I had a call from an HR person. The very first question sounded "so, do you know what we are doing".
    Later in the call "What is your salary" -- "..." -- "Not the highest I've seen... Obviously you want north of that...".
    And this is during the phone screen!

Very, very bad experience.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ZoomInfo (Waltham, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was 3 parts: a phone screen with who would be one of my managers, an in-person interview where I met the internal recruiter, two of my managers, and two other Account Managers who's role would be similar to mine, and finally, an in person presentation (meant to demonstrate what you would do in your first 30-60-90) days there.
    It was a relatively prompt and efficient process, and everyone involved in the interview process was highly qualified either because of comparable roles or experience to actually ask questions and understand if the candidate would be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• What are some ways that you handle objections with clients?   Answer Question

SQA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ZoomInfo (Boston, MA).

Interview

Good interview met up with about 6 people there. Asked relevant questions. Met with Lead Engineers and the CTO. All were nice people and had been there for a while

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ZoomInfo (Waltham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Over all the process was nice. There were a principle engineer, two senior engineers and CTO at the end. They asked about the projects I worked on and draw system diagrams. We discussed the designing and technology based on the diagrams. Also they gave some coding.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at ZoomInfo (Waltham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had been recruited through an agency, that originally got me placed at Zoominfo as a full time temp worker. I had to interview with both the product manager and customer care specialist as I was going to be handling the ZoomInfo Grow platform as a service representative. I had met with the HR director and discussed with her the basic formalities of what the company does and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time you had to handle a situation with a client/customer when they were unhappy, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ZoomInfo (Waltham, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long, but very organized and systematic. It began with an initial 45 minute phone screen where I was asked questions about my current employment followed by why I think I would be good at the role. I was asked to describe what ZoomInfo does and how I can apply my background to this role.

After the phone interview, I was invited to the office for a face to face to meet with a variety of employees on the team. I met with HR, the Director of Sales, Senior employees as well as others that would be in the same role I was applying for. This lasted about 2 hours in total and it was very conversational. The ease of conversation made it very comfortable.

Finally, I was invited back to run through a 30/60/90 presentation on my expectations on how I would execute the role. The presentation is done in front of the same people I interviewed with but with some executives as well. Following the presentation, there was Q&A session where they asked very specific and targeted questions at the end.

As long as you are confident, prepared and know your background, examples of success and difficulties in your current role, and do your homework learning the background of ZoomInfo - the interview process runs very smoothly!

Awesome company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were faced with a difficult customer situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ZoomInfo (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

The interview process for me was bit longer than normal, but that was a positive as I was able to learn a lot about the company. It started with a phone screen with HR, then lead to a brief call with the hiring manager, followed by a face to face meeting with the hiring manager. This all happened in late Feb. - early March. The position I was interviewing for didn't start until July 1st. I was able to trial the products for about a month, and the hiring manager was always responsive to any questions I had. He was open to questions about both ZoomInfo, and also the specific position.

I then came in for about 2 hours to interview with a few Account Executives, and also a few Sales Managers. This gave me a great feel for the culture, what would be expected in the position, and if I was a good fit. Everyone was very open to questions, and they really put an effort in to get to know me. I then was invited back for a 30 minute presentation on my 30-60-90 day plan. This included the hiring manager, multiple Account Executives, a sales manager, and the CRO. Everyone was very attentive, and asked great questions. They made me feel comfortable, and provided great feedback on my presentation.

I was then formally offered the position within a few days. Overall, the interview process was great. I felt extremely comfortable in accepting the position. All of the questions that were asked during the process were very intentional. I appreciated the opportunity to not only get to know them on a professional level, but also truly get to know the people I would be working with, daily. Although I categorize the interview as difficult, I mean this in a very positive manner. They challenged me during the process, but also respected my time and effort. The hiring manager kept me in the loop throughout the process, and I appreciated that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Grand Ra, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at ZoomInfo (East Grand Ra, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager, in-person interview with hiring manager plus web interview with two other executive team members - the final step is to deliver a 30/60/90 day sales plan.

The company seemed disorganized and unprofessional. Initially I was excited about the opportunity, but after chatting with some of the managers and executives, I realized that it was not what I was looking for. I think this showed in my presentation and conversation and did not progress to an offer or the next stage of the interview.

Parts of the interview were conducted via video displayed on an iPad mini with headphones. We had internet troubles and a delay in the feed that made for a rather bland experience (on both ends I'm sure).

The local manager seemed easy to get along with and successful and could be someone I could work with. They ultimately said they were choosing other candidates which was a response I was grateful for.

The compensation seemed really good which was the only reason I would have considered the move - but I had some questions and concerns about the reality and operational structure to support their growth that were never directly answered.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about myself, what motivates me, how I structure my day, how many prospecting calls I make and how I measure success.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZoomInfo.

Interview

normal interview, the director will talk to you first and the senior engineer will give you a technical questions and after that you will talk to the director again and know you status.