Zovio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Community Relations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zovio (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The recruiter I talked to was incredibly helpful and answered all of my questions. The interview process was transparent, methodical (in a good way), and very timely. First was a phone interview, then an in-person, and then a 'panel' interview (just with two people). No questions in particular caught me off guard. You do have to pass a background check, which shouldn't be an issue as long as you have nothing to hide.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you worked with a difficult supervisor, and how you adjusted/responded.   Answer Question
    • Describe yourself in three words.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zovio (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with an HR. She was nice and friendly. No technical questions. I was asked about my familiarity with SQL since they use it a lot in the office.

Strategic Partner Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zovio in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received a call the next day wanting to schedule a phone interview. Completed first and second phone interview within two days. I had done research on the company and realized that the reviews on working there weren't the best and also that the stock price had dropped pretty significantly. I asked the recruiter about this and she said that the company was restructuring. While i understand that, it seemed a little fishy. The position turned out to be a lot more cold-call sales than I was interested in and I'm pretty sure that's the reason they didn't want to move forward with me.

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zovio (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter then home assessment and in-person interview with manager and senior tech leads. Home assessment basically opened door to in-person interview. People were very friendly and they encouraged me all the time. they tested my skills on practical examples/ exercises then we discussed my work background, previous experience and my future role and responsibilities in team.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zovio (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

They contacted me through a recruiter. There was a phone interview first then a face-to-face interview. The process was incredibly smooth and easy. The hiring staff was friendly and very accommodating. They made the hiring process so simple. It was almost too easy, which should have been a red flag.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to help people improve their lives and education?   1 Answer

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zovio (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard process for applying for the job. Found the listing for the job online and sent them a resume. Next step was a phone interview. After that I went in for an interview in person. The interview was with three people and was pretty standard except for the questions from one of the interviewers. Upon reflecting on it afterwords, I think he was trying to gauge my problem solving abilities. The first odd question was how I could get my resume on one page without changing the font size. Well I have always thought that the best resume was one page, but I can't seem to make mine fit anymore. After talking about adding columns etc, his idea was to use the back of the page. To me that is not solving the problem, but just saving a piece of paper. It is still technically two pages, but just one sheet of paper. Anyway the next one was even better. He said, "Simple question, how many pay phones are in New York?". No mention at all about how would you find out this information or anything, just how many. Keep in mind this position was for a $10/hr intern. I was so taken aback I simply said I don't know. I think he was looking for me to tell him how I would go about finding out this information, but to me that is a really stupid way to test problem solving. Needless to say I didn't get the job.......thank goodness.

Interview Questions

• How many pay phones are there in New York City?   1 Answer

A/R Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zovio (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I applied for an A/R Coordinator position at Bridgepoint through their website. I received a call from a recruiter' in HR wanting to schedule a phone interview for the following day at 11:30am. She never showed for the phone interview! 4 hours later I receive a call from the staffing manager who knew I was in contact w/ her colleage and that she wanted to schedule a formal phone interview w/ me. The interview (for the 2nd time) is scheduled for 9:30 the next morning. The next morning, 9:30 rolls by, no call. So Annoying! 20 minutes later she calls apologizing and asking if we can still have the interview that day. I ask if we can do it now, she says she can't but could in 30min. Finally, we do the phone interview, again she was 10min late.

The phone interview went great and she invited me for an in person interview with the Hiring Manager. She said she would email me more information on where exactly to go, where to park, who i'll be meeting with, etc... THEN I NEVER GET THE EMAIL!

I call the next day, leave her a voicemail w/ my email & phone letting her know I never received the email. Never heard from her again... They scheduled my in person interview and then left me hanging. LAME!

How unprofessional can you be? Even if you found someone else, you could at least call me to cancel. Even if i did end up getting a job offer, I definitely would think twice before accepting. Flakes.

And to think, I was thinking of going to Ashford University to get an MBA.

DEFINITELY AN UNPROFESSIONAL HR DEPARTMENT.

Interview Questions

• In your previous employment, was there ever a time you'd say you went above and beyone what was expected?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zovio (Denver, CO) in December 2011.

Interview

General interview questions relating to call center task and sales attitude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not great. I got the impression that I wouldn't get an interview if I didn't prematurely agree to a salary.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zovio in August 2010.

Interview

Easy,I had a 1:1 interview with a manager and then a group interview with two managers. Interview's were the same day. Very relaxed. Received a call back the following day. Started the following Monday.

The hiring process has changed since then. There is more red tape, candidates will be filtered through their talent acquisition team and interviewed by both these reps and a manager or two of the hiring department. Could be up to 2/3 interviews max. Also included background checks- strict on college background specifically. If you say you graduated and never did, HR will catch it and release you immediately. Be honest, if you are a few credits short from graduation, be upfront about it.

Interview Questions

• How would you guide someone academically if they are not interested in education?   Answer Question

Admissions Counselor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zovio.