Zycus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 11, 2017

3.3

RSM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zycus (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview with a sales rep, SVP, and the VP of Sales. They flew in to meet with me over dinner and after a meeting they had scheduled in my state.

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zycus.

Interview

It was long and tedious process. 1st round was the aptitude session from which around 20% candidates were selected. Next round was group discussion in which an open ended question was given for a debate.50% of the selected candidates where dropped and rest proceeded for personal interview. Personal interview included both HR and technical. Questions based on C were asked.

Vice President of Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zycus in January 2013.

Interview

Initial contact was with an internal corporate recruiter. He was responsive and professional. We had a good conversation and I was advanced to the next step. I was required to take a 30 minute evaluation on line. It was not too difficult, however I had to dust off some of my own cobwebs as they were mostly math word problems which I have not had to do for 20 years. Nothing too difficult. There were supposed to be fifteen problems but my second page would not render so I only completed the first ten. I believe I got them all correct.

Following this I was moved to the next step, which was a phone conference with the CEO. He interviewed some of the candidates in person, however it was in NJ so I opted for a phone conference. I feel the interview went well and I was a good fit, however at the end he did indicate although it went well, he was looking for someone with experience scaling up a larger team. (My largest team was 22 people in the past)

Interview Questions

• The questions on the evaluation were a bit tricky.   1 Answer

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zycus (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

****Please do read a very honest and to the point review****
    Very chilled out atmosphere and helpful HRs
    FIRST ROUND was the APTITUDE test
    10 Simple questions but the time limit made it somewhat challenging
    +2 for every right answer -1 for every wrong answer
    14/20 needs to be scored to get qualified to 2nd round (50 out of 160 got selected in our case)
    SECOND ROUND was GROUP DISCUSSION
    GD on general topics(rather very easy) given to a group of size 8 to 10
    They usually select 4 to 5 for the 3rd round from here based on both the quality and quantity of the stuff spoken.(23 out of 50 got selected in our case)
    THIRD ROUND is the Personal interview
    Some puzzles (about 3 to 4) along with all the generic interview questions are asked
    Puzzles can be a little tricky at times (They usually don't want the correct answer at times but they also appreciate the approach)
    FINAL ROUND is the one in their OFFICE(very similar to the above one)
    For our case 4 out of 160 very given the job offers
    PS: I was eliminated in the first round but i am reviewing the final round based on my Colleagues inputs!!!
    Thank you if this review helped you in any way!!!!

Interview Questions

• How can you identify a heavier ball from 7 similar looking balls   1 Answer
    • You are given two candles that can be burnt from both the sides and each candle takes 1 hour to burn off completely. How can you measure 45 mins with these candles?   1 Answer
    • There is a water tank that takes exactly 20 days to fill completely and the quantity of water is doubled every consecutive day! How much will the tank be filled in 19 days?   1 Answer

UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Zycus.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR initially and she told me about the future processes.
    1 round: Telephonic technical round. Being 2 years experienced developer, the first round was not that difficult for me. The questions were daily use cases.
    2nd round: Assignment solving. I was given an assignment to complete using the technology that I said I was efficient in 2 days time.
    3rd round: Technical round. The last round was again technical round with the technical lead of the project. After which I was given an offer.

The overall process was simple and spanning over a week. The HR and other staff were very helpful.

Interview Questions

The offer made was not as per my expectations.
    Be sure to ask for more, much much more than you think you deserve to get the offer you want.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zycus (Ahmedabad (India)).

Interview

It was multiple rounds:
    1) Starts with a Quantitative Aptitude test
    2) Those who clear the cut off go though a Group Discussion (GD) round where topics are unexpected/abstract
    3) Those who clear the GD round go through a written test (real-life problem solving scenario)
    4) The candidates are then called for the interview
    5) For certain strategic positions (like the Marketing and Product Management) there's also an interview with the CEO
    6) There could even be an evaluation period after joining (for about 1 to 2 months) where the candidate is tested for future potential

Interview Questions

• Q. Why IT Marketing?
      Q. How will you deal with the situation - when managing a team of people older to you?
      Q. Offer a solution or idea to solve XYZ problem.
      Q. How willing are you to stretch at times when the project requires it?
      Answer Question

Sales Interview

Interview

I applied through an online job portal. My CV was shortlisted and got a call from the HR. She explained me the profile in details and the perks associated with it.
    The first step required me to make a presentation on one of their products. The interview was scheduled after submitting the presentation.

The interview was supposed to happen through webex. For some technical reasons, I couldn't connect to the person who had to take my interview. I informed the HR. No response from her. I sent a mail, she said interview will happen soon. And I am still waiting for "soon"

Really unprofessional behaviour. Why would you ask me to waste my weekend to make a presentation when you don't even want to take the interview or communicate anything about.

If this is the behavior of the HR, I wonder what the culture of the company would be

Interview Questions

• HR asked me about my current profile in details and was curious if I can move to pre sales profile   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zycus (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

around 3 rounds, technical, online psychometric test and then VP round

Normal PM related questions were asked in technical round. However, in the last round un-related questions to your job are being asked. Reason being to check your creativity and thinking; which may have nothing to do with your direct responsibilities. This kind of questions suits to Google/MS/FB kind of companies. One suggestion to the organization is to be clear what kind of profile you want and make it clear to the candidate before interview.

Interview Questions

• In the last VP round If you ask a senior PM candidate, a technical algorithm to bring pieces of image together, who actually will be working as customer facing; probably may not be the right way to go.

There may be a burning desire to show off with creative questions, but if the intention was right, such questions go well in written form and not in a verbal interview.
      1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zycus (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

4 rounds
    1st was the basic aptitude test
    2nd was designing mock ups/wireframes for a problem(procurement/non procurement related)
    3rd is the face to face interview with the product manager head
    Final round is the interview with the CEO

The HR then negotiates the salary based on the performance

Interview Questions

• Questions related to supply chain, questions pertaining to the wireframes designed by the candidate
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Zycus (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview Process 4 days . First One Person from Recruitement Team Started discussing about the Reason Of Change and started arguing with un necessary arguments and Salary is what they dicussed is not as per the industry standard .

Then One Stupid arrogant ,showoff person was scheduled interview and that to postponed for two times and lastly they came late 15 mins for interview. and started asking questions on unnacessary memmory model questions on java instead of sticking to JD he wanted to showoff with all internal java memmory architecture when asked for the answer he is also fubbling .

Worst company to join no ethics that I got to know from interview and also I enquired with Friends that this company does not have any work ethics also.