ZymoGenetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ZymoGenetics Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at ZymoGenetics

Inventory Control Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ZymoGenetics in October 2014.

Interview

HR is outsourced to Bristol Meyers Squib (parent company) recruiter in New Jersey and that is where my phone screen came from and then the later e-mail follow-up invitation to interview and schedule of interviewers.
    The interview was held at the new Bothell Manufacturing location which had only received Occupancy Permit a couple weeks earlier so the construction staff outnumbered the Zymo Staff and the un-occupied (non-Zymo) portion of the building was being "squatted in" with the landlord's permission for preliminary move-in purposes. I walked into the front on the building where a Security Guard was posted and was told to go to the back of the building. There wasn't anyone or any sign as to what doors at the back were for what. As I continued around the building, I saw someone and asked where I could find Zymo for an interview. They walked me into the Construction Office area and eventually I was hooked up with my first interviewer. There was no office obviously available for interviewing but during our second trip upstairs we found a room with two chairs and a desk which we used. Two of the six people I interviewed with were phone numbers which I had to call with my own phone. One of them was with the same New Jersey recruiter who really didn't have anything extra to add or ask different from the phone screen.
    Although I thought I interviewed well and have done the exact same job more than once in other BioTechs in the area, I was not contacted at all after the interview. I did call and ask the other phone interviewer (local HR) if I could find out my status in the interviewing process 3 weeks after, and was told I would be contacted. I was not contacted.

Interview Questions

• No out of the ordinary questions at all. Only one interviewer stuck to the script of asking Behavioral Questions like the recruiter had told me would be asked. I got the impression that the corporate controllers had set a very aggressive date for first start up run of the operation and that there was a bit of a scramble going on trying to make it.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at ZymoGenetics (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Pretty straightforward - seminar, 1:1 with other scientists

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at ZymoGenetics (Phila, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

Extensive, but professional and polite. There were 2 interviews in person with the hiring manager, one with a sales rep, a phone screen, and a Skype interview with HR and the SVP. Also calls from 2 other reps in region.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that says they have had a negative experience with your product?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at ZymoGenetics (Seattle, WA) in February 2011.

Interview

They contacted me for a phone interview with HR. They then had me speak with hiring manager one on one. They then had me in for an all day interview where I made a presentation and met everyone in the group.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at ZymoGenetics.

Interview

They requested a lot of things: resume, cover letter, personal statement even a recommendation letter.
    Phone interview
    Actual interview

Interview Questions

• Only get to the phone interview and she didn't really asked questions so I didn't know what I am suppose to say.
      She basically gives an overview of the position and it was by then I found out that it was a more product management/business than doing research.
      The job description was really unclear in the first place.   Answer Question