Zyxel Communications Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Zyxel Communications Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2016

Marketing Copyrighter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zyxel Communications in June 2015.

Interview

Started out traditionally, I sent in my resume and they called me in for an in-person interview fairly quickly. I would say within one week. My number one complaint is that this business, along with many others, think it's perfectly fine and professional to jerk applicants around. If you interview someone in person, YOU GET BACK WITH THEM. PERIOD. If you say, I will call you on Monday to let you know. YOU CALL ON MONDAY TO LET PEOPLE KNOW. My advice is stop lying. If you're not calling me back, tell me you're not calling me back. Don't waste my time.

Interview Questions

• Why are you in marketing when your degree is not marketing?   1 Answer
    • They asked about my experience and my talents on the job. Then they asked me repeatedly "Won't you be bored working here?"   1 Answer

Presales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wokingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zyxel Communications (Wokingham, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

One stage interview. Although a phone interview was proposed Zyxel were keen to see me in person and it had to be a particular week when my diary was heavily booked to see 3 people. Two were directly connected to the role and the other was HR. Dress code informal (initially I thought this was because it was casual Friday) amongst the interviewers and interviewers were very slightly late to meeting and appeared rushed. I was told that parking exists but that HR "...couldn't be bothered to describe the access for any of the candidates because it was complicated." I was informed that a decision would be made over the weekend although I might get a decision that (Friday) afternoon.

The decision came through the recruitment agency. The feedback was that I had not been open with my responses (I was expecting this and already said so to the agency long before a response from Zyxel) because of the way I answered the question below. What I didn't expect is for Zyxel to say that all my responses were dodging their questions hence their decision.

The agency told me that nobody had been recruited out of the candidates interviewed. My reading of the situation is that the interviews were a show for somebody else's benefit.

Overall I spent about an hour being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a mistake that you have made and what you did to rectify it.   1 Answer

Pre Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wokingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zyxel Communications (Wokingham, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very good and smooth. All the three interviewers made me feel really comfortable from the first point of the interview to the final stage. The whole interview process took around 3 weeks which involved 1 phone interview and 2 face to face stages including the technical test but they kept me in the loop through out the process. It was a fantastic experience.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Digestive and basic authentication?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Zyxel Communications (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in July 2015.

Interview

1. No test required.
    2. Prepare resume, they will ask questions from the resume you provide.
    3. Interview with 2 supervisors and 1 HR, takes around 3 hours.
    3. After finished, will phone inform to get offer or not.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wokingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Zyxel Communications (Wokingham, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

I was invited to attend an interview for a sales role within ZyXEL, the arrangement and communication with their HR department was very smooth and clear and the HR department was very approachable to answer any questions I had about the company, the role and the impending interview.

The interview in this instance for this role was comprised of a 1:1 interview discussion / questions and a brief 10 minute presentation I was asked to prepare before hand.

Upon arrival I was greeted and asked if I wanted a drink and asked how my journey was. I then spent well over an hour with HR and one other representive from sales who asked me questions based on the competancies listed in the job description as well as various scenario questions to get my brain going.

I felt that the questions although requiring me to reach within my memory were well structured and relevant and certainly made me think about my past roles and skills.

My 10 minute presentation was not rushed and I was able to interact and expand and answer questions as it went along.

Overall, considering I was nervous at the begining, I was made to feel relaxed and welcome and this allowed me I beleive to give the best representation of myself at that moment that I could.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if i could think of a time when I had to adapt to a situation and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Zyxel Communications (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in March 2012.

Interview

The interviewer would ask you about some techniques related networking and C programming. And they would try to figure out your personality by talking to you. And after technique interview the hiring manager will interview you and talk about offer.

Interview Questions

• What does **object_pp means?   1 Answer

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsin-hu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zyxel Communications (Hsin-hu (Taiwan)) in March 2009.

Interview

snet resume to HR, and wait 1 week get a call

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Zyxel Communications in January 2009.

Interview

There have two times of 1:1 interview, one is with assistant manager, and the next is with the division manager. Both of them will check the college transcript first. The division manager would ask more detail about the Master's thesis. They also asked some basic theory of Electric theory and circuit theory. The interval of the two interview is one week. And i got offer one week after interview finished.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your Master's thesis in easy way to me who is not familiar in this field.   Answer Question
    • How would you try to deal with the struggle during your Master's thesis?   Answer Question