KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

a2z Development Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 28 interviews

3.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at a2z Development Center

a2z Development Center

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at a2z Development Center in Feb 2017

Interview

There are three rounds first one is JAM Take a topic and speak up for a minute second one is vocabulary Online system test will be conducted third one is Grammar test online system test will be conducted all the best

1 person found this interview helpful

a2z Development Center

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at a2z Development Center in May 2016

Interview

3 telephone interviews spaced across 3 weeks. Three different managers asked me various questions, mainly getting at temperament, experience, skills. There were also questions aimed at general problem-solving approach, and engineering values. I was asked to "prep" on Amazon's core values, and given some URL's that contained documents that went into detail. But there was nothing in the interview that really dealt with those. The skills questions were not necessarily "difficult" but were more to test rote recall than anything else. The basic mismatch was that the position was billed as a "Systems Engineer" which is usually more of a generalist, skills-wise, and they asked very narrowly focussed sets of questions regarding specific solutions to specific problems that were outside of my area of expertise. In my view, a Systems Engineer doesn't have specific things memorized, but has a good enough understanding of technology that they can take on a broad variety of tasks, and drill-down where necessary to accomplish the goal. This was not what A2Z was looking for for that position. Ultimately, the position was not a good fit, and we mutually agreed to terminate the interview process. It was a great experience, and it was good for me to do it. I'm not sure that I feel that it exposed any particular skills deficiency, but it gave me a better idea of the direction in which I need to focus my improvement objectives. Maybe I wasted some of their time; but when you're interviewing multiple candidates, it's good to get a range so you can compare, so they benefitted in that way.

Interview Questions
  • What is your ultimate career goal (or: what do you want to be when you grow up?)
    1 Answer
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at a2z Development Center (Hyderābād)

Interview

Well planned one, They analyze the candidate well before coming to a decision Have to prepare well from our end at least on areas mentioned in our resume as they question each and every point mentioned in the resume

12 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cal Poly SLO, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at a2z Development Center (Cal Poly SLO, CA) in Oct 2014

Interview

I applied online and answered some basic screening questions through email and then waited for a response. Generally what I have heard, engineering interns pop up on the radar of recruiters after their junior year because they have serious advanced course work under their belt. Really try and do projects on your own to stand out and demonstrate proof of concept.

Interview Questions
  • The email interview I went through had basic screen questions, nothing unexpected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at a2z Development Center (Irvine, CA)

Interview

Initial call with headhunter who was from outside the company. Then phone interview with hiring manager. From the start, the headhunter stated that this position had interviewed countless candidates and the Amazon hiring manager was a bit difficult to deal with so be prepared for that.

Interview Questions
  • Specific scenario of how to advertise an app on Amazon even though other items produced higher profits. How to prove it out.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at a2z Development Center (Irvine, CA) in Apr 2014

Interview

Started with a resume submission via the website. A recruiter followed up a few days later asking me to submit a portfolio. Approximately a week later I was asked to set up a phone interview and finally a week or so after that I was invited for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was five 45 minute long sessions along with a 50 minute portfolio presentation and a lunch non-interview.

Interview Questions
  • There wasn't a "most difficult" question in particular

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at a2z Development Center (Irvine, CA) in Mar 2014

Interview

5 interviews, lasting all day. Ridiculous academic-type algorithm questions... nothing that would be useful in the real world as a software engineer. It seemed more geared toward a new college graduate than someone with real world experience. Complete waste of time, for me at least. This position was supposed to be for a level 2 or 3 software engineer but there wasn't a single question related to anything I've worked on in 8 years as a SWE.

Interview Questions
  • Algorithms, algorithms, algorithms... all functional type stuff, no OO stuff that people use everyday in the software engineering world. Seemed like all academic type questions and not real-world uses.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at a2z Development Center (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2014

Interview

I had 6 individual 45 minute interviews, with very little break due to the recruitment team not being organised. When I arrived there was no one to meet me or tell me where I should be, so everything ran late.

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at a2z Development Center (Irvine, CA) in Jan 2014

Interview

A series of phone interviews, then an onsite interview. I was asked to do a presentation on my ideas as to how to penetrate highly sought after talent markets in that geography.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at a2z Development Center (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

I do not recommend that you waste your time here. Long all day interview, no breaks, not even lunch. Very unprofessional, HR was terrible, bragging about how good they were a hacking things together. Yes we know, your system is down a lot. They want coders, not managers or architects. Positive, I did get a free trip to SF for the weekend.

Interview Questions
  • Write a binary search. Are you kidding, you the interviewer did just get out of college.
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Interviews

a2z Development Center Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at a2z Development Center according to 30 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 44.64%