Associate data analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Associate data analyst Interview Questions

associate data analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have 8 marbles and a balance scale. One marble weighs more than the others, but you don’t know which one. How can you identify the heavier marble using only two weighs of the balance scale?

2 Answers

We put 3 marbles on each side of the scale for a total of 6 marbles that are being weighed. We leave 2 marbles off the scale. Then, we compare the 6 marbles… There are two possible outcomes: If one side is heavier than the other then we only have 3 marbles left. Then, in the second weighing, we can compare 2 of those 3 marbles to each other. If they are the same weight, then the 3rd is the heaviest. If one is heavier than the other, then we’ve succeeded in just two weighings. If, when comparing the 6 marbles, we find that both sides are equal, then we know that the heaviest marble has to be in the 2 marbles that are not on the scale. This means that we only have to compare on those 2 remaining marbles and we have the heaviest marble in only two weighings.

I wonder how they grade you if you use the simpler but slightly less effective method of going 4x4, then 2x2, then 1x1.

How would you predict the number of shoes Nike will sell next month in New York?

1 Answer

The average high temperature for x days is 70 degrees. the next day has a high temperature of 84 degrees, which raises the overall average to 72 degrees. what is the value of x

1 Answer

Modeling a job assignment problem

1 Answer

How would you validate an analysis you performed?

1 Answer

Case study: How will you allocate resources in a call center? What do we learn from demand and supply? Will go after precission or Recall for such a case as a check on your model?

1 Answer

Describe how do you use CNN as your project? How difficult it is to explain the feature importance in deep neural networks.

1 Answer

[CASE 1] Given a grouping of high spending vs low spending customers, Capital One will give XYZ company a different 1 time, onboarding amount for the new customer (i.e. give XYZ $800 for each high spending customer and $100 for each low spending customer). What percentage of high spending customers would be needed to be worth it?

1 Answer

Remove duplicate alphabets in a string

1 Answer

When to care about bias and how to control variance in your data?

110 of 123 Interview Questions