Associate data analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

associate data analyst Interviews

Associate data analyst Interview Questions

associate data analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have 8 marbles and a balance scale. One marble weighs more than the others, but you don’t know which one. How can you identify the heavier marble using only two weighs of the balance scale?

2 Answers

We put 3 marbles on each side of the scale for a total of 6 marbles that are being weighed. We leave 2 marbles off the scale. Then, we compare the 6 marbles… There are two possible outcomes: If one side is heavier than the other then we only have 3 marbles left. Then, in the second weighing, we can compare 2 of those 3 marbles to each other. If they are the same weight, then the 3rd is the heaviest. If one is heavier than the other, then we’ve succeeded in just two weighings. If, when comparing the 6 marbles, we find that both sides are equal, then we know that the heaviest marble has to be in the 2 marbles that are not on the scale. This means that we only have to compare on those 2 remaining marbles and we have the heaviest marble in only two weighings.

I wonder how they grade you if you use the simpler but slightly less effective method of going 4x4, then 2x2, then 1x1.

Modeling a job assignment problem

1 Answer

[CASE 1] Given a grouping of high spending vs low spending customers, Capital One will give XYZ company a different 1 time, onboarding amount for the new customer (i.e. give XYZ $800 for each high spending customer and $100 for each low spending customer). What percentage of high spending customers would be needed to be worth it?

1 Answer

The average high temperature for x days is 70 degrees. the next day has a high temperature of 84 degrees, which raises the overall average to 72 degrees. what is the value of x

1 Answer

Remove duplicate alphabets in a string

1 Answer

Do the hours work for you? Why do you want to work here? Do you require sponsorship?

1 Answer

Related to the filed of your skill set

1 Answer

[CASE 2] What is the capacity of your workers for a 2 week period? And can they take on a doubling of client demand where current total demand was 1000 complete (gone through all 3 steps) lines of code/ 2 weeks? 3 workers who are needed to finish a software development process to be considered complete: 1 coder who can code x amount of lines per hour 1 tester of code who can test y amount of lines per minute 1 documenter who documents the code for the client and documents z lines per minute

1 Answer

You're going to open up a coffee shop that produces nothing but cups of coffee. It will cost you $10,000 to set up the shop. It will then cost you $1 per cup to brew coffee, which includes operational costs for your shop. You will sell your cups of coffee for $1.50 per cup. and you can assume that every cup you brew will be sold. Ignoring the time-value of money, how many cups will you have to sell to break even?

2 Answers

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

[EQ] Tell me a time where you succeeded/had an accomplishment

110 of 44 Interview Questions