Google Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2018
8,786 Interview Reviews

3.4

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

This was through a recruiter for a short-term contract so the hourly rate was already worked out and there was no room for negotiation.

My recruiter submitted me and within two weeks a Hangouts interview was set up. It was about 30-40 minutes. The hiring manager was professional, considerate and asked me relevant questions.

I was surprised to get the offer by Hangouts but I took it. Google at the top of my resume helped a lot after the fact, too.

Interview Questions

• How would you make people in the community feel engaged?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

First you talk to a recruiter, then someone over the phone, then an on-site interview with 3 people. After the interviews, the recruiter contacts you to let you know if you didn't get it and then you are asked to review the whole process via a survey.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First there was a brief and perfunctory screening by a recruiter. Then a Hangout interview with a team member. The next step would have been an onsite interview, but I never got that far.

During the Hangout interview, we went through a number of preset questions and little tasks and cases that I'm sure every applicant has to answer. I work better when I just get to talk freely about my experiences and interest in the company, and letting the conversation flow organically, rather than fitting a question grid. It definitely would have helped to prepare more answers for "Tell me about a time when you ..."-type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something quirky about you.   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Google.

Interview

My interview process was very short. Applied through employee referral and got a phone interview with their HR person the next day, which went swimmingly. A phone interview was scheduled with one of the lead community managers for the following day.

I wanted to know who I specifically would be speaking to, but the recruiter said that she wasn't allowed to tell me a last name. Through Googling of the first name though, I was able to find this person. Unfortunately, this community manager's social media posts were.... not nice. It was full of passive aggressive posts about prospective job hunters and made it sound as if sifting through resumes and conducting interviews was torturous, which was made even clearer when we got on the phone. The questions were pretty standard, like "How do you measure the success of an event?", "How do you leverage the use of different social media platforms?", etc, but it was like talking to a drill sergeant who thought you were dirt. I've had dozens of phone interviews before with companies in various stages and of various sizes and it's not an exaggeration when I say that this was the absolute worst. I tried my best anyhow.

We talked for about 30 minutes. At the end of the call, I was not given the opportunity to ask any of my own questions, and when I tried to, I was told, "Well, I'm going to let you go now. Good luck at your current gig." and was hung up on before I had a chance to ask for this person's contact information. The HR person said that she couldn't give out email addresses, but I was able to guess it through the pattern of my Googlers friends' email addresses.

This experience made me think, "Seriously?!" I was very disappointed because I'm a huge Google fan. Not surprisingly, I received a call from their HR person a couple days later to let me know that they would not be continuing their process with me at this time.

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

There are two interviews: a telephone interview and an in-person interview. The in-person interview is straight forward, and involves a problem-solving question related to eDiscovery. This is not the traditional, obnoxious Google interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a job as an hourly contractor. Negotiation was not an option.

Contract Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (Mountain View, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Straightforward process, with a phone screening with an HR person followed by a group interview with a few members of the legal team. Everyone was cordial and the questions were typical of a process for a legal-oriented role. Great communication throughout the process from all parties, and the time from screening to offer was very quick for such a large company.

Interview Questions

• There was a mock situation prompt with ample time to read and consider the prompt, and then walkthrough your thinking and analysis of the problem.   Answer Question

Computer Interview

Interview

Asked questions, answered. Repeated that until I had least 50 words. Then I asked them some questions and they answered them. After we shook hands and I left, but they stayed. Because they work there.

Computer Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Google in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online to Google's Computer Science Summer Institute in 2014. Got a technical interview, which was a phone call that lasted about 45 minutes. No code writing, but just talking through basic technical questions.

OTA Interview

Interview

This was the most fun I've ever had at an interview. The guys were very laid back, and seemed very interested in not only my professional skills but also my hobbies and personal likes and dislikes.

Interview Questions

• how do you cut a cake into 8 equal slices with only 3 cuts   1 Answer

Contract Manufacturing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Google (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First, there will be a phone interview. You will have one of the team member to interview you and prepare yourself to take on the challenge questions. The second step is onsite interview if you pass the phone interview. There will be a six hours interview with the group you may interact or work with.

Interview Questions

• What is you experience working with the contract manufacturing?   1 Answer