Gartner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Gartner Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2018

3.5

Business Development Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

I had 2 phone that were both pretty easy and just get to know you questions. After the phone interviews they scheduled an in person interview the following week. I met with one of the interviewers in person and the other was via video call. They told me someone would be in contact within a week regarding the job. I never received a call after a month had gone by since interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you had to use your knowledge to help someone.   Answer Question

Email Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

I was first interviewed on the phone and was asked about my previous experience. I then was invited back for a secondary interview at their office. I met with two nice young women.

Client Engagement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

It was a very long process with 4 rounds of interviews. All of the questions are behavioral based, so if you want the job practice. It was a very stressful process because its a great job but very long. You are not given much help throughout the process, wish I could have better prepared.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Open ended interview process with no closure from HR is not expected from such a big consulting firm. Have the professionalism to let candidate know if you pursued with other candidates or filled the role instead of let them hanging.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview process was great. Their team makes it very easy to be vulnerable and transparent. They genuinely care about what you want to do and making sure it aligns with you long term. I have a young family and the process was mostly centered around making that move. When I did fly down for the face-to-face (described below), the team was incredibly hospitable. They took care of my hotel, all my food, and even set me up with a rental car (I had to pay for the car for liability reasons). They also made some great recommendations in regard to places to live in the area with a young family. All in all, the integrity and hospitable/giving culture was very impressive to see.

Here’s the steps I went through:

1. Initial phone screen w/ recruiter (a process to “get a feel”). 30 mins.

2. Phone interview w/ recruiter (more in-depth, job related). 30 mins.

3. Video interview w/ skills assessor (behavioral based interview). 1 hour.

4. Face-to-face in Florida (whiteboard session, shadow session, behavioral, role play). 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer
    • What kind of team or company do you want to work for?   Answer Question
    • What are you looking for in your next role?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe Gartner’s business? How does Gartner help it’s customers?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

About a month ago I eas contacted by a recruiter for Gartner and was quickly drawn in by the appeal of The company. 4 phone interview/video calls and about a month later, I finally made it to the final step! They flew me down from the East Coast where I endured an intense 3 hour interview. I received decent enough feedback, to leave with some hope. I had formed somewhat of a relationship with the head recruiter, given we had a month to get to know each other. After the interview, she walked me out and said she would be in touch with me by the following Wednesday (it was a Friday). Well, Wednesday comes and goes and no word. After sending two emails, I finally get a very vague voicemail from the recruiter. I call back not even 10 minutes later and then do not hear back for another few days with another cryptic voicemail. This cycle continued on and off for several weeks until she disappeared all together. She put little to no effort in actually connecting, so I eventually gave up. Not getting the job is not what is a part of life, but the way this was handled is unacceptable. After putting my current job on the back burner and taking multiple days off in process, the least I deserved was a quick call or email. The level of unprofessionalism and lack of respect demonstrated by these employees is appalling and says something about the company as a whole.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Phone screen, an additional phone interviews, multiple one-on-one interviews, a criminal background check including the last 7 years of residency, work verification (by the month, year), highest level of education check

Interview Questions

• What's one question that you wish I had asked you during the interview and why?   Answer Question

Research Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

I gave two phone interviews and then a interview prep session over the phone with members of their HR team. About one week after the last phone interview I was invited for an in person session at the Fort Myers, FL campus with a department manager and one other manager who dialed in from an office in Connecticut. The Fort Myers manager was unprepared and kept referring to the role I was applying for as "Research Content Specialist". During the phone prep I was told that the interview would be structured around behavioral questions (similar to STAR) but, the interviewer instead gave rambling questions and it was at times impossible to to guess what exactly she was asking. During my responses she would then interrupt with follow up questions about unrelated questions that I had already answered. The whole experience was very off putting and I hope her lack of professionalism is a fluke and that other candidates and employees have better experiences.

Interview Questions

• Why Gartner?

Do you have any non combat skills?

Have you ever, like, done your last job before?   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Gartner (Irving, TX) in May 2018.

Interview

First interview was in January and final interview was in May (4 month process). Recruiters are clearly very disorganized and have limited understanding of the role/industry they are hiring for. Went through several rounds of interviews with recruiters, Directors and VP’s (lost count how many). Got to the point of being invited to present to a panel at HQ in Stamford. Spent 10 days of my spare time in the evenings working on a project analyzing and making suggestions for one of their products and creating a presentation for the panel meeting. 3 hours before I was supposed to get on the flight to go to Stamford I got a call from the recruiter saying my candidacy for the role had been cancelled due to “a lack of fit” despite having all the experience and expertise necessary for the position.

Really what they needed to say from the very beginning saving all of us a lot of time is: “Moms need not apply”.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Gartner (Chicago, IL) in May 2018.

Interview

Thorough in depth process, five seperate interviews over a five week period with a final mock sales call. First step was with an HR representative followed by an phone interview with a Sr. HR Manager. From there a one on one with the Hiring Manager, a call with a team member I would be working with and a final presentation.