Gartner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

3.5

EAS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL).

Interview

The process for me took a little over a month for interviewing, I had three interviews and preparation phone calls from my recruiter before each interview. I was given a lot of material to go over for each interview. If you are not in the IT industry it can be intimidating, as Gartner is a complex corporation with a new acquisition that is more business industry related. The last interview included a meeting with another employee in the EAS role, I did research the young lady I was suppose to be with but was surprised when I sat with a different team member but not a big deal just felt a little unprepared yet she actually gave me some great advice and tips. Next was a "White Board Presentation" with VP and manager. That was nerve racking, but I just did my best and when I didn't know the answer I was honest and instead of giving me the answer VP probed me with questions so I could get to the answer myself, which I usually ended up knowing but I think my nerves had seriously set in at that point. Next was a role play phone call, again difficult but I believe they put you under pressure to see how you react and take direction. I seemed to have done well because I received an offer. Oh yea I also had my name tag stuck to my hair which the manager kindly pointed out, I just made a joke and moved on! Very difficult but well worth it, made me have more appreciation for the process and overall acceptance of offer.

Interview Questions

• What are the different levels of events Gartner offers to its clients?   Answer Question

Client Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

This is a long interview process, so prepare to be patient. I completed 3 phone interviews and 1 in-person interview that consisted of a 30-minute shadow, 15-minute panel presentation + 30ish minutes of Q+A, and a 10-minute role play phone call. They will give you feedback throughout this entire process, make sure you ask for it at the end of each step.

1st interview: very basic, completed with a recruiter. Behavioral questions and STAR. I was informed of progression directly following the call.

2nd interview: building more on behavioral questions, with a different recruiter. I was informed directly after that I would be moving forward

3rd interview: this interview was done with two hiring managers. It was a little more in depth, and they answered follow up questions to my previous responses. I was informed within 3 days that I would be moving forward

4th interview: this was an on-site interview. They provided me with travel and arranged everything for me. The process was that I met with a current client partner for 30 minutes, then presented to two managers as well as my recruiter, then performed a mock phone call role play with one of the managers. I heard back two days later that I had gotten the job.

My advice for this entire process:
    -Again, ask for feedback after each phone call and at the end of your panel AND after the role play call. Make sure you are taking note of this feedback and incorporating it into the interview process as you progress
    -99% of this interview process is being able to answer behavioral questions in the STAR format. Go through GlassDoor, write down the questions people have provided and have 1-2 answers per question. It's okay to use the same examples throughout the process but make sure you stay consistent if you do that. Also, be mindful of the fact that the interviewers will be taking notes on your answers, so your next interviewer will be made aware of the examples you used in the past.
    -Top three things they're looking on: proof of being a top performer (they love numbers/metrics so if you can, use those as early on as possible), collaborativeness, and being professional

Lastly, everyone at Gartner was SO nice. They want to help you and they want you to do well. If you put the work in and are prepared for each step and they deem you as a good fit, then you'll do just fine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were a top performer
      Tell me about a time you were working with a team and didn't get along
      Tell me about a time you had a hard time reaching someone and what your process was to get a hold of them
      Tell me about a time you set a goal and achieved it
      Tell me about a time you failed
      Tell me about a time you added value to a process
      Tell me about a time you hit a bump in the road and had to work around it in order to achieve a goal   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out via linked in to schedule phone interview and never called. I sent her a follow up message about missing interview and no response back. Unprofessional and waste of time.

Senior Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner in August 2017.

Interview

One of Gartner's recruiters proactively reached out regarding several "senior level" roles in the west region. I had not applied for a job.

My interview did not get past recruiter call stage. I'm on the west coast, but the CT based recruiter would not agree to talk to me after 5p ET. When I asked if someone else could field the screen, I was told no one on the team could do the screen. She wanted me to do the screen during my employer's prime business hours.

That was a first, and a very negative surprise. Sales is not 9-5 and neither is recruiting. Had I agreed, an ethical hiring manager would have been right to be concerned I might have done the same to Gartner.

My experience with their recruiter was an extremely poor reflection on Gartner, so I elected to withdraw from consideration.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions since the recruiter did not have flexibility to call when the candidate was available.   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Interview

Awful experience. The initial recruiter in phone screen had an ego / snarky. Moved on in process and next person was so cold, and took self way too seriously. No rapport building at all, jumped right in with fluffy questions and asked in a cut-throat demeanor. Barely said bye. Not sure where they are hiding the "best place to work" folks - but not for me. Good luck -- i have a tendency to think the "sorority/frat" reviews are correct.

Interview Questions

• Who was the hardest client you had to deal with and why?   Answer Question

Senior Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trumbull, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Trumbull, CT).

Interview

HR contacted me to set up the interview. Spoke with 3 principles. Said they would get back to me but never did, no feedback. My profile said under consideration and position remained posted for months.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about different security controls and monitoring. Splunk shop.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

Short, 15 minute phone screen on resume and other basic behavioral questions. Asked about why I am looking for a new job, tell me about myself, a typical day at my company, last project that I worked on, if I am sales and numbers oriented

Internet Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

1 phone interview then 1 Skype interview with 2 sales managers. Skype interview ends with role play sales call. Process took months, however. Did not get job

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Gartner (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

First you will undergo a behavioral over the phone that lasts approximately 30-45 minutes. If you excel to the next round of interview you will face a panel interview and additionally perform a role play.

Negative Gartner Experience Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a thorough pescreen from the recruiter, follow up more in depth interview with recruiter, recruiter interview prep meeting and in-person management meeting. The management team who conducted the interview had the strangest interview questions I have ever experienced. They kept driving at "what motivated me" and being in sales it is building a career, being successful with my peers, driving revenue/ commission, finding a balance between the company's and client's needs... Some how mgmt wanted more personal answers so they knew "how to motivate me" as an employee if I wasn't hitting my targets. After going through this process management didn't even close the interview. Typically potential employers will thank you for your time and shake your hand when leaving. This team got up from the table and talked about where they were going for lunch and left the room. Being a tenured sales professional, it came off as rude and I was disappointed that this was my experience with Gartner especially after all of the time invested. There were also some questions about my current company experience that I didn't feel comfortable answering as I know that my company was managed by this team at Gartner.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you? What would you rate your success? What is lacking at your current company? What is your company's current sales structure?   Answer Question