Gartner Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,797 of over 1.8K interviews

Employee Referral20%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Gartner

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

Three rounds, first two are behavioral, and last is reading comprehension and analysis on two of our research notes. Very straight forward, no surprises. All they are looking for at the end is someone who can read research efficiently and effectively.

Interview Questions
  • Very standard behavioral- just have some stories ready on team work/leadership/etc
    Answer Question

Gartner

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

Had a good initial call with the hiring manager who wanted to take things to the next stage. I was sent job descriptions for 2 roles that weren't in the department or same country that we had discussed or connected to my background which I presumed was just a simple mistake. I emailed back a couple of times looking to clarify as I was keen to join the company in the role we had discussed on our call, but I never heard anything back. Shame really.

Interview Questions
  • What does your current job entail

Gartner

Application

I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

It was extremely misleading. Recruiter was nice but they rescinded the offer the day before I was supposed to start. Very shady business practice. They made it seem like they care about people and that they’re a “people first company” which was not at all what I experienced.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner (Lewisville, TX)

Interview

Recruitment for this position is a joke. Multiple recruiters reach out to you for the same position drag you through the process of next steps and pass you to the next person to start all over again then ghost you. Unorganized. Waste of time. I will say the first person is usually the nicest. Not mad that I was t offered the position but the constant ghosting and resurfacing month or 6 months later is ridiculous. Must be high turnover because everyone is always pretty new to the company.

Interview Questions
  • All scripted and boxes checked when questions are asked: Tell me about a difficult situation you were able to overcome and how you were able to resolve?

Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Gartner (Fort Myers, FL) in Jun 2021

Interview

2 phone interviews. One was initial phone call- why do you want to work for gartner? what made you apply? the second interview happens over the phone as well two weeks after- same questions few more behavorial based questions and gives more detailed timelines of rest of process. Last one is a panel interview with 4-5 people with an excel test. Whole process lasts about 4-6 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time that you were stressed? how did you deal with it
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Gartner (San Francisco, CA) in Jun 2021

Interview

A Sr. Recruiter reached out to me and scheduled an initial call. I prepared for 2 weeks, and she bailed me off a minute before the meeting starts. I asked her previously if we can have the meeting a bit earlier and didn't receive any responses. She was in PTO(2weeks + Holidays) and had a good time for herself while she wasted my 2weeks of time. Is my time not important? Is this how Gartner treats candidates/interviewees?

Interview Questions
  • How will you handle it if an interviewer bails you off a minute before a meeting?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner (Singapore) in Jun 2021

Interview

To put it simply, waste of my time! I managed to get into the second round of the interview process and the LSA gave good feedback about my interview. He told me about a high possibility that I would make it to the final round. The next day, the HR called me saying that they are looking for someone more senior and with more experience, which she did not mention right at the start of the interview. It was a total waste of my time because she could have mentioned it right from the start and set the expectations right, instead of leading you on to think that you still had a chance to make it to the final round of the interview. I could have allocate my time and effort to other interviews instead of this. I would say that the entire interview process was managed terribly!

Interview Questions
  • Q: Describe the biggest achievement in your sales career thus far Q: Describe the greatest failure in your sales career and how did you manage to overcome it Q: Why did you choose Gartner? Q: How can you contribute to Gartner?

Gartner

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Gartner in Jun 2021

Interview

Phone screening followed by 2 video interviews, and a case interview with the hiring manager. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral based questions. The final call was a role play situation where you were given a context on the spot.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Gartner

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

After meeting with a recruiter, you meet with a talent assessor, a current peer, a sales VP and then complete a panel interview. It's a very comprehensive interview, but you learn a ton about Gartner along the way. You also learn how incredibly invested in you and your career goals that everyone at Gartner is and will continue to be throughout your tenure there.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do in your current sales process to build rapport?

Gartner

Application

I interviewed at Gartner

Interview

University recruiting - talked to 2 recruiters about my resume and interests, similar to a phone screen. I was then scheduled for an hour behavioral interview and an hour case interview a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,797 Interviews