bareMinerals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.5

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at bareMinerals (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Smooth, thorough. You are given the platform to discuss your experience and you will be asked where you have worked your job duties and why you want to work for Bare Minerals. Try to learn as much about the brand as you can before hand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at bareMinerals (Oakland, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

The first interview was just a get to know you. The second is an audition were you apply makeup to someone. The manager was very nice. They haven't called me back since the first interview

Interview Questions

• What's the first thing you should do when trying to sell a product   2 Answers

Beauty Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at bareMinerals.

Interview

Just casual questions getting to know me, asking about my experience in retail along with my experience involving not only make up but specifically their products. Then they informed me about the training process that would be involved. After an in-person interview, I was called in for an "audition" where I was to show my skills with applying make-up to another person using the products and brushes provided.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at bareMinerals (New Haven, CT) in February 2017.

Interview

A telephone interview time was set by email. The interviewer called me at the wrong time. I was in the middle of taking my children to school. I was very polite but said that it was not a good time to talk. I asked if it was possible to call me back in 30 mins (which was ALSO not the agreed upon time. She said no problem, she understood and would call me back. SHE NEVER CALLED ME BACK AND IGNORED 3 MESSAGES LEFT BY ME. EXTREMELY RUDE!! Terrible way to be treated! I had been a loyal customer for years. NOT ANYMORE!!

Assistant Boutique Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at bareMinerals (Sacramento, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview was average. Asked a lot about management skills, experience, and role played scenarios. A lot of "what ifs" and how you would handle certain situations. Definitely be aware of core roles because they'll ask directly from it

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've had a peer who didn't follow protocol. How did you approach it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at bareMinerals (Allentown, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

My initial interview was a basic one on one interview with the store manager. She asked basic get to know you interview questions. After the interview with the first manager, she asked me to speak with the second one to review and go over the questions again. They loved my bubbly energetic attitude and told me they would be in contact for the second interview, aka the "audition".

The audition is a 30-45 min make under/role play. You have 30-45 minutes to complete a face of makeup with whatever scenario your model gives you. Afterwards, the manager critiques your performance.

Interview Questions

• Who is your beauty inspiration? Have you used bareMinerals before?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at bareMinerals (Tampa, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had three interviews and got offered the job after meeting with a regional that flew out to meet me. They were interested in what I had accomplished as in events #'s

Interview Questions

• What inspires me? And I have exceeded every event goal.   Answer Question

Beauty Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at bareMinerals.

Interview

It was a group interview, we all took turns answering the same question so it gave me good time to think of an good answer. Really fast, the 2nd interview was a phone interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Bare Minerals?   1 Answer

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at bareMinerals.

Interview

Super easy and quick dust interview. Second interview required you to do make up on someone in a 45 min interaction. Knowledge on products is a plus and as well as enthusiasm for cosmetics and customer service.

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at bareMinerals (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Briefly talked but mostly did makeup on a model that I had to provide. They are so desperate, because people keep leaving, that they will hire most people on the spot.