drchrono Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.8

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drchrono (Hunt Valley, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR and then another phone interview with the hiring manager. They use a scheduling app or site which gave me different times, perhaps due to time zones. I selected 5PM and my calendar invite was for 1PM EST. Lastly, I was asked to come to an onsite interview. The company provided a hotel room for the night before since I am non-local, which was nice. The hotel was next door to the office.

I tried to prepare for the interview, but was told that I did not need to bring anything. Sign up for the trial version of drchrono and explore before the interview. I had to ask about a dress code, but was told it's a casual office and I could wear what I'm comfortable wearing. I could expect to see people wearing jeans and tee shirts. I still wore slacks and a suit jacket for the interview. I met with four people over a two hour period. I was not prepared to be there that long. I had to take a bathroom break it was so long. I also believe that the two implementation specialists I met should have interviewed me together at the same time.

Interview Questions

drchrono Response

Sep 5, 2017

Hello,
    I enjoyed hearing that you found your hotel room comfortable and convenient. We strive at making our candidates feel welcome before their interview which is why we provide hotel rooms for... More

Digital Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drchrono in July 2017.

Interview

I got to the final round and very much enjoyed meeting the team as well as the recruiters. My interaction with the co-founder was very uncomfortable and unpleasant though, which ultimately led to me no longer pursuing the company and withdrawing my application. I was also concerned about the company culture, since it seems like someone at the company is creating fake reviews or having employees give positive reviews on Glassdoor. I saw really negative reviews from a few years ago expressing dissatisfaction about micromanagement in the company, and it seems positive reviews have been flooding the site to make it seem like their culture is great. This jumped out to me immediately upon looking at their Glassdoor. Having 99% approval ratings is not very believable especially after seeing the horrific reviews that are buried. Also, when flooding the site with positive reviews, don't do them all on the same day...that's a dead giveaway.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story about the worst 3 months of your life. (I was in disbelief at this unprofessional and deeply personal request)   Answer Question
    • Digital marketing related questions as well as culture fit questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drchrono (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

A coding challenge with multiple questions on competitive site. Then a phone call with HR and a take home web application challenge. Once that is rated, called onsite for 2 days long interview - build an application on site.

Digital Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drchrono in June 2017.

Interview

Conducted a short, 15 min phone interview with the HR coordinator. Interviewer cut to the chase and asked several questions regarding my prior experiences and skills in digital marketing. Was slightly taken aback by the seemingly apathetic responses that I received for my answers--it was a very one-sided conversation where I would answer a question and she would respond with "Okay".

Overall, I was a bit discouraged by the way the conversation went.

Interview Questions

drchrono Response

Jul 17, 2017

Hello,
    As the People Operations Coordinator here at drchrono, I am very sorry that you had an unpleasant interview experience. Our team strives to create a positive and informative interview process... More

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drchrono (Mountain View, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Online coding test followed by a quick chat with the people manager. Brought to an onsite hackathon which last for two days. Hackathon project was mainly python django and also required a fair amount of frontend JS work. The whole process was smooth and people were nice there.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at drchrono.

Interview

Completed an online Hacker Rank challenge, was invited to speak with recruiter, completed a large side project with their API, was then asked to come onsite for a multi-day hackathon. Not sure if things were just disorganized but I felt that there was zero respect shown for the large amount of time I was dedicating to the process, most of the other engineers were somewhat hostile towards me, and I felt unwelcome the whole time I was there. By the time they emailed me to tell me I was not getting an offer, I had already accepted another job because I had lost interest in this company.

Interview Questions

• Create a Django application.   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2017

I am sorry you felt unwelcome at our office. We do appreciate the time you devoted to applying to drchrono and have enacted several programs since your application for our applicants to meet with our... More

VP Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at drchrono (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by Michael the CEO of the company to set up an interview. I was surprised to see the CEO take such interest early in the process. Unfortunately, that was the only thing that impressed me. My schedule time can and I call him. The call was sent to voicemail so I waited 15 minutes and again to voicemail. I emailed Michael and finally got a reply around 8 pm saying his board meeting ran late and he was running late all day. Really, you are so busy that you can send a text. He asked in the email to go to his calendar and schedule a time or would Friday at 9 am be ok. I checked his calendar and it was booked for the whole week. This was on Monday around 8 am. I replied that Friday at 9 am would work. NOTHING! That is what I heard. BEWARE of this company and do your research about its competitors, because there is something very wrong at DrChrono.

Director, Customer Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at drchrono in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email from the recruiter asking to set a time which was two weeks out. When the set time arrived we had a pretty good conversation, during which the recruiter seemed genuinely excited about my experience which directly addressed their needs. However, within five minuted of concluding the interview I get an email from her saying that they are "sorry [they] couldn't accept [me] for a position", because "the applications [they] receive get better every day", and they are "trying to get better at this".

I don't necessarily think DrChrono should have hired me, but I know two things. First, nobody should be treated like this it is offensive. If you knew all this five minutes after the interview, surely you could have said as much while we were talking. Second, this ridiculous gamesmanship is the reason recruiters get the reputation they do and the companies they work for miss on the best candidates. If you want to get better at "this", you know where to start.

Interview Questions

drchrono Response

May 1, 2017 – People Operations Manager

Hi there,

As the People Operations Manager here at drchrono, I sincerely apologize for your negative expereince during the interview process. We are a small team here at drchrono and have to rely... More

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at drchrono (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on a Sunday, got an email from their HR manager the following Tuesday to schedule a phone interview. Had a phone interview with the team manager a week later. In-person interview with team manager two weeks after that. Wrapped up the process with a phone interview with the VP overseeing the team. The offer came a few days later. All said and done, it was exactly a 1-month process but it went very smoothly.

Interview Questions

drchrono Response

Jun 23, 2017

We are so happy that you had an excellent experience. We are currently working on streamlining our interview process in an effort to shorten our interview timeline so our candidates are in the loop... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at drchrono (Mountain View, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Completed their HackerRank which was posted on Hacker News. Got a call from their recruiter, who did a quick phone screen and booked a 1 hour pair programming interview. Pair programming was remote, refactoring some pieces of code. After that, received a small programming 'hackathon' project, and flew down to finish and present the project.

Everybody was friendly and helpful, no hidden tricks in the interview problems.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions were practical coding problems, simple algorithms, refactoring, or implementation of API clients.   Answer Question