eharmony Interview Questions | Glassdoor

eharmony Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eharmony.

Interview

I applied online through company website.
    First I got a 15 min call from recruiter, describing the interview process after which they sent an online assessment.
    After passing the online assessment, had a 45 min phone interview.
    After a week, they called me for onsite interview but I got an email 2 days before the interview that the position has been filled.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eharmony.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were timely and took a couple months but necessary and a requirement to ensure appropriate staffing. There were 3 different stages of interviewing with about 5 - 7 different full time employees.

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eharmony (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Initial phone chat with recruiter, followed by hour long phone interview (with coding) with hiring manager. Then, flown into Los Angeles for 5 hour onsite interview with team - mostly whiteboarding + lunch.

Interview Questions

• [Phone+Collabedit] Find if two strings are anagrams   Answer Question
    • Given List<Integer> and an int x, output a List<List<Integer>> by splitting the original list into smaller lists of size x. For example input = ([2,4,5,3,6,8],2) then output = [[2,4],[5,3],[6,8]]   Answer Question
    • Given two binary trees, check if they are equal, both in structure and values.   Answer Question
    • simple SQL to join 3 tables   Answer Question
    • printing (with tab spaces) URL hierarchy where each element can have n child nodes   Answer Question
    • Find Nth Factorial   Answer Question

Customer Care Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eharmony.

Interview

Had to reply to an email complaint about a customer that had an issue with one of their matches.I was also asked about my previous experience from 3 different managers.

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eharmony (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter immediately called me in the same day after some HR questions he wanted to set up a phone screen. The interview asked some basic questions what I have done , third party integration .

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at eharmony (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I did apply online and They were contacting me for a phone interview. After done with 15 minutes phone interview, I was asked for the time when can I hear back for the next step. They said next week, but I didn't get any email from them.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eharmony (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by the recruiter shortly. The recruiter had a weird filtering process - instead of trying to understand my work experience, he asked whether I was familiar with xyz keywords which seemed like he was checking things off from a list of must haves he got from the hiring manager.

Anyway, moving on he asked me my available times for a phone screen and I provided 3 different date times and emailed him the same as well. However, he conveniently ignored them and set up a phone screen at a time of his choice and sent me details just 2 hrs before the interview.

I wanted to ditch the interview but went ahead with it because I wanted to get it over with. I had already made up my mind at this point to not move ahead with this position. If they can't value my time during the interview process, how will I be valued once I join there. Recruiters need to understand that people have jobs and we are not interns or fresh college grads readily available all day waiting for your interview call.

Oh and now comes the best part. The person who called for phone screen wasn't the hiring manager, he was filling in for the hiring manager who wasn't available at that time. If the hiring manager was not available then why was the interview scheduled that too at a time that was not convenient for me. The filler was also similar to the recruiter who had a set of questions and answers with him and for any question that he asked if I gave 90% of the answer right and missed out on one point that he had on his answer list, he would keep going around the same question again trying to get that one missed point out of me which was very frustrating. I am glad the horrible experience got over in 30minutes.

Learn to value candidates time and train your interviewers.

Interview Questions

• difference between get vs post, rest vs soap, features of java8, what design considerations would you use to make the code unit testable.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eharmony in November 2015.

Interview

Took about a 2 weeks. Phone interview which lasted about 20 mins. After that went for onsite interview two days later, then approximately 2 weeks after that I was made an offer which I gladly accepted :) I would have to say best choice I ever made hands down!

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eharmony.

Interview

I had 3 or 4 phone interviews first, this was then followed by 3 in-person interviews that occurred on the same day. The interviews consisted of hypothetical stats and SQL questions. Ask about your culture and how it fits with company culture.

Interview Questions

• What you thought of the company.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at eharmony (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Round 1: 45 min phone screen - theoretical concepts about Java - mostly about data structures and concurrency

Round 2: 45 min Skype interview - Java programming problem through collabedit

Round 3: Onsite interview in Westwood office in LA, from 11 am to 4:45 pm - 45 minute sessions with different interviewers who test Java coding abilities, multi-threading, design patterns and some basic SQL knowledge. Went out for lunch with one of the interviewers to a nice Italian restaurant, Palomino, a couple of minutes walk from the office.

The Westwood office is new, and the interviewers are nice and friendly. The recruiter played a vital role by keeping me well-informed about the process, which is quite amazing.

The whole interviewing experience was good, and met my expectations that the company had built up through the phone screen and Skype interviews.

I had to choose another offer over eHarmony's, which was for a specialized position in my field.

Interview Questions

• Java questions - theoretical, algorithm based, design patterns, multi-threading
      Basic SQL questions.   1 Answer