eharmony Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at eharmony (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Round 1: 45 min phone screen - theoretical concepts about Java - mostly about data structures and concurrency

Round 2: 45 min Skype interview - Java programming problem through collabedit

Round 3: Onsite interview in Westwood office in LA, from 11 am to 4:45 pm - 45 minute sessions with different interviewers who test Java coding abilities, multi-threading, design patterns and some basic SQL knowledge. Went out for lunch with one of the interviewers to a nice Italian restaurant, Palomino, a couple of minutes walk from the office.

The Westwood office is new, and the interviewers are nice and friendly. The recruiter played a vital role by keeping me well-informed about the process, which is quite amazing.

The whole interviewing experience was good, and met my expectations that the company had built up through the phone screen and Skype interviews.

I had to choose another offer over eHarmony's, which was for a specialized position in my field.

Interview Questions

• Java questions - theoretical, algorithm based, design patterns, multi-threading
      Basic SQL questions.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eharmony.

Interview

I applied online through company website.
    First I got a 15 min call from recruiter, describing the interview process after which they sent an online assessment.
    After passing the online assessment, had a 45 min phone interview.
    After a week, they called me for onsite interview but I got an email 2 days before the interview that the position has been filled.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eharmony (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview: Basic questions about history and technologies I have experience with
    On-site: ~4 hours, met with about 6 people throughout the team including engineers, designers, project managers. Went to lunch with the head of mobile.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would design a RESTful API   Answer Question
    • Asked how I would go about building a feature (gave me a laptop and watched me code)   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at eharmony.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were timely and took a couple months but necessary and a requirement to ensure appropriate staffing. There were 3 different stages of interviewing with about 5 - 7 different full time employees.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at eharmony (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Behavioral-based interview, eHarmony wanted to get to know me as a person, in addition to assessing my tech skills. There was a panel interview as well as several phone calls leading up to the panel.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you resolved conflict on a team.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at eharmony.

Interview

I had 3 or 4 phone interviews first, this was then followed by 3 in-person interviews that occurred on the same day. The interviews consisted of hypothetical stats and SQL questions. Ask about your culture and how it fits with company culture.

Interview Questions

• What you thought of the company.   1 Answer

Intern Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eharmony in March 2013.

Interview

I apply eHarmony online and after 5 days a HR contact me for first interview. In the first interview there's no tech questions but HR asked me some question about my project experience. Then I received a task test to do. I finish it as quick as I can then send back to them. Till now I am still waiting for reply....

Interview Questions

• Some question about project and I am given a test to do   1 Answer

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at eharmony (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Spoke to a recruiter with the company, then went for personal interview - the nuts and bolts plus the manager. Only one guy asked - and only a few - straight to the point technical questions, the others asked about what I have worked on or just chatted. The manager was last and told me the team decides, not him, he was here only to meet me. Next day I got a rejection. After 4 months the position is still vacant!? Seems they are not serious about hiring.

Interview Questions

• One of the very few technical questions asked by only one guy: how can you ssh from a jump host into other hosts where you have installed your public cert if your private cert is not on the jump host itself?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at eharmony (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Initial phone interview was very detailed and helpful. Next was an in-house interview with my prospective supervisor and with a member of the Human Resources department. The interview question were pretty basic, mostly having to do with past work experience and skill level. I think they could have shared more about the company culture and would push them for that if interviewing again.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any. All of the questions related directly to my skill level. I didn't think the questions were all that interesting either.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated salary up by $5,000. Not much room for any other negotiations. I would recommend that if you want to negotiate then this probably isn't the right fit for you.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at eharmony (Santa Monica, CA) in June 2008.

Interview

When I originally started at eHarmony - the interview process included meeting the owner of the company. With the recent departure of the founders, I believe the interview process is now more meeting with HR, and in product - the Director, the other Senior Product Managers and IT staff to ensure culture fit.