evosoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at evosoft (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

After a brief phone screening, there was a single interview with both the technical people and with HR.
    The HR part was very much like like any other: brief introduction of the company, questions about motivations, etc.
    The technical part was more interesting. At the beginning there were some basic C++ questions, then I had to review a short C++ code, which was written with no structure. It looked like some C style legacy code. I think the goal was to explain why this coding style is not maintainable, which was not particularly hard. There were some algorithmic questions (solve this problem, how would you solve it for N?), which I unfortunately do not recall in detail.
    Everyone was eager to answer my questions about tools, working methods, and the job itself.

A word of advice: try to arrive exactly at the given time, and not much earlier, since the building doesn't have a proper reception area, just two very small and uncomfortable chair next to the entrance.

Interview Questions

• In what way does a const member function differs from a non-const member function?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

C# Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at evosoft in March 2017.

Interview

Only one interview starting with HR and followed with the managers and technical professionals of the projects they hiring. English speech​ is tested during the first part in a common conversation about yourself, with all of them. Think loud and skip trivialities. The people are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions are tricky, but if you're familiar with c# and OO, can be answered. Have to read code on paper, not so comfortable. They have a huge number of questions, and select in relation with the projects they hiring.   1 Answer

Product Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at evosoft (Budapest (Hungary)) in February 2017.

Interview

I was appointed by an ex-colleague of mine if I'm interested. After a phone call from the HR (where I was told that there is a single round) I went to a personal interview in Budapest (Hungary). The first part was with the HR, some general stuff and a brief English conversation. After that two Product Experts and one person from management arrived. They asked me about my former experiences and how I work currently (in a similar job in another company). In fact, all questions were about this. They promised to inform me or give an offer in 1.5-2 weeks. This was 3 months ago but I did not get any call or mail since then. This is not a polite way from the HR, even if I know that there are wage caps for the positions and I probably said a bigger number.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at evosoft (Budapest (Hungary)) in November 2016.

Interview

First the HR person asked what the recruiters told me about the position. Then two men came in who were supposed to talk to me about the professional parts later. I had to summarize my education and my professional experience. The HR person talked about company logistics for a while, then she tested my English for a few minutes (I performed worse than I hoped), asking what accomplishments I was proud of. At this point she left us. Now the two men talked about their work in detail. Towards the end of the interview they decided to do the C++ test. Though there was a printed sheet of paper, I had to provide my answers in speech (one of the guys sat over next to me), as they wanted to hear my thinking, even if the solutions I would give weren't perfect. I made several mistakes, but they were helpful, and we carried on. Having little interview experience I was very stressed and even the more trivial problems didn't look that clear to me initially. At the end of the interview the younger guy left and the other men asked me about my salary need, which he registered. I was told they would contact me within two weeks. Two days after the interview I was contacted by the recruiter, communicating the company's negative decision.

Interview Questions

• The first question was about a simple inheritance situation, with copy constructors, overloaded assignment operators and reference assignments. I had to tell the output of each line in the executed function body, with respect to the destruction phase too.   Answer Question
    • The second question was about identifying potential problems in the provided code. It involved the execution of methods with unknown internals (but they were said to be not causing memory leaks). It turned out the overall code was able to cause a memory leak though. Exceptions were a clue.   Answer Question
    • The third question was a simple logical one.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Szeged, Szeged (Hungary)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at evosoft (Szeged, Szeged (Hungary)) in July 2016.

Interview

Short personal questions like why did I apply, what are my motivations. Questions about work experience, especially about the ones in my CV. Short discussion in my foreign languages (English amd German). Short programming tasks written in C++ about finding the bug in the code and guessing what would be the result if the program was compiled/run.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at evosoft (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2015.

Interview

There is only one round complete with HR part, English test and technical interview. First you talk to the HR guy/girl, speak some English. They ask about your career, then you proceed immediately to the technical part. There are some exercises with minor tricks. Mostly simple algorithm problems to check whether you can code or not. After that there are some framework exercises then if you pass all of them there is a concurrency exercise.

Interview Questions

• Not much to say here. Design patterns, clean code questions and some simple technical exercises (some algorithms and framework usage).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at evosoft (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

I applied for the position and they called me after 3 weeks. There was a personal interview. They asked general questions and there was a professional part (which was an interactive test). At the end of the interview they told me more about the position and I could ask questions from them. After approximately 2 days, they sent me an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at evosoft (Budapest (Hungary)) in October 2014.

Interview

One round with the recruiter on phone with basic english conversation, and one round in personal with technical questions. It was not so difficult. The entire process was quite quick, it took only a couple of days the get an offer. Basicly if you know C#/.NET a little you can easily pass.

Interview Questions

• Basic C# questions about inheritance, classes, structs, exception handling, event handlers, polymorphism, Visual Studio.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at evosoft.

Interview

I've applied for the position, through the companys site, perhaps a few days later the HR generalist, called me that If I have time for an interview in a week, they told me there will be one round, with technical and HR questions, and one round with the Head of Departmant about the salary, and some employment technical details. The first interview last for two hours, with one manager and two architects, and with a HR generalist. Little english, lots of technial questions. After that, they called me in a week, that there will be another round, with some other managers, I said ok, after that I had another round about my motivation, and again lots of technical questions. The last round was truely with the HOF.

Interview Questions

• C++ code, whats the wrong with it(messi spaghetti)
      three things what keeps you motivated
      do you want to be a manager?(!?!%,...!!444)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at evosoft (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

One round with lead developer, immediately followed by another with management where an offer was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotioation possible.