f.y.e. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.0

Senior Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Melbourne, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

Process was only for formalities. I needed the interview with the DM to get the job, but I had such high recommendations that it was not treated as an actual interview. We just sat there and he asked me bizarrely easy questions and was surprised when I gave more information than he was expecting.

Interview Questions

• "Do You know what sells in the store?"   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

All information before the interview is put online, then they contacted me via phone and was given a time span to pick from for the interview. The interview was at the store, took about 15 minutes and was told they were doing more interviews at the time and would be contacted shortly with their decision. A few days later I got the call that I got the job, and when to come in for training and to fill out the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• What part of the job (movies/music/comics) are you interested in or keep up to date on?   Answer Question
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   Answer Question
    • How long do you see yourself working here?   Answer Question
    • What do you think you can take from the job in your other pursuits?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Started at minimum wage, not all that negotiable probably. When I was promoted there was definitely room to talk about it though.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

Submitted application in person. Received a phone call in 1-2 weeks to set up an interview. Interviewed and got akin offer a few days later for the job. Was offered a part time position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

The interviewing process was easy. The manager who interviewed me was extremely unprepared and very obviously not comfortable with interviewing. I was asked a few questions about how to deal with customers in certain situations and was asked about how to deal with shoplifters and cash handling. The magazines and memberships were mentioned but the standards were not.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at f.y.e..

Interview

The interview process was actually really laid back. The managers just want to get an idea of how personable you are as a potential employee in the sense that you would be able to positively interact with customers. The turn around time to hear back from anyone is about 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I'm a customer. Pick anything we have in the store and try to sell it to me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frackville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Frackville, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Filled out Application. Got a call a day later. Went for an interview the same day and got hired. They gave the T-shirts and everything I needed for when I finally started literally a week later and it was a great first day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at f.y.e. in August 2015.

Interview

I applied there about a week prior before getting an interview. I was called over the phone and set up an interview the next day. Questions were super easy and the interview went smooth.

Sales Associaate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Waterford, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted the application online, then called the store a few days later. Since no one answered the phone, I went in and talked to a manager, who was super nice.

Interview Questions

• After the typical questions, the interviewer brought me o to the floor and we "role-played" a sale and just conversing with a customer   Answer Question

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at f.y.e. (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very casual and low pressure. Manager skipped most of the routine questions but DID however ask me if I had any experience with loss prevention because they've been experiencing 4% shrink which is not good, also I was asked if I had experience with "professional" shoplifters. I was contacted by phone and offered an interview for assistant manager but when I got there, was a bit disappointed that I was being interviewed for a part time position with no benefits and lower pay. Don't know if that was a ploy or not.

Interview Questions

• Did I have any questions for them.   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at f.y.e. (North Olmsted, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Waited five minutes in the store to be interviewed. Only 2 people were working and they seemed to be busy. Went to the food court to be interviewed. I was asked 6 questions or so, all pretty easy. However, the lady said there were other people being interviewed in the next couple of weeks, and if they wanted to hire me they would call me.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite band, would you recommend them and why?   Answer Question