first direct Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at first direct

3.4

Mortgage Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at first direct (Leeds, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online then had a telephone interview. Asked competency questions and then got invited to an assesment day. Went to their offices and took part in a call simulation.
    Was offered job but hours were until midnight so didnt accept.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond to display customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at first direct (Hamilton, Scotland (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

3 stages to the process.

1) telephone interview
    2) call simulation
    3)formal interview.

The call simulation was very difficult, as you have no training and are expected to do fast maths and work out morgtages etc.

I only made it to the call simulation. Before the simulation we got a tour of the building.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at first direct (Hamilton, Scotland (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Intro to the company, followed by role play exercise in which you have to assist a customer over the phone. Using a pc and information available you need to answer questions about the account and offer whatever advice is suitable.
    It's straightforward but you'll need to improvise a bit and think on your feet.
    If you pass this it's a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• I have excess money in my cheque account, I'd like to make better use of it. What can you suggest?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at first direct (Leeds, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

There are four stages:
    Stage 1: pretty simple...4 Stages:
    1st stage: I applied online and requested a call back, during the call they talk you through the job description, start date and a few other things. It's quite a casual chat but you do need to have a good telephone manner in order to continue to the next stage. They then book you for your telephone interview (try get one for around 2 days later so you have plenty of time to research).

2nd stage: I was very nervous for this but you really shouldn't be. It's such a relaxed conversation and they really do put you at ease. Make sure to speak well and clear in order for them to even consider putting you through the questions asked were... what do you think good customer service is? Why first direct? What do you know about first direct? If you get through, you're given a username and password to login to the applicant login page where you will find more information on first direct, things to help you through the process and documents you will have to sign (make sure you remember them so you look organised).

3rd stage: The call simulation. You go through to reception and are told to sit and wait, make sure to talk to the other candidates to show you're confident. Whilst walking round make sure to make conversation. Not too much though. Then you're taken upstairs for a presentation, make sure you show you're listening by giving eye contact sitting forward and smiling. After the presentation you go in another room with the group to do the call simulation, you're talked through a lot. And everything is explained. Mine had transactions for mortgages so I knew I wouldn't be selling any loans and the customer had £30000 in their bank so I knew a savings account would be best. I could also see that there was a £45 credit card charge from another bank so I knew I could offer them to switch accounts. You put on you head set after fifteen minutes of practice and hear a beep. You might have to be the first to start which sounds awkward but as soon as you've started you forget about the people in the room so don't worry!! The customer will ask about balances of their banks and any upcoming charges make sure during the 15 min preparation that you do all the workings out, talk to the person on the phone (if they've just moved say how busy it can be and just talk to them like you would a friend). Also make sure you OFFER(!!!!) at least one of the services; The customer was complaining about her current credit card so I explained we have an amazing rate at the moment and then read through the script that you're given beforehand. I made sure for organisation purposes to note what was on word, excel and the internet. It helps a lot. I feel like I did make minor mistakes such as pausing for a short period of time and getting confused but I made sure to build a relationship with the customer. I ended the call by saying I hope you enjoy having your new house and making more of your money thank you for calling.I ended up being the only person to get through to the next round. I will do an update after my interview that is in two days but the best advice is be yourself and have personality.

Stage 4: by far the hardest stage of them all, sorry to scare you but prepare yourself for an interrogation. I was being interviewed by 2 people rather than their usual 1-1. You of course start off with introductions so just act very friendly towards them. You start off with the easy questions that are more about if you got the job like: what are your preferred hours, why are you leaving your current job, why first direct. Make sure you have long in depth answers. Then you go to the competency based part of the interview the questions I was asked were: when have you gone above and beyond for a customer/colleague? When have you been given too much work? What traits do you think you need to work in a call centre (this question threw me and I thought they weren't happy with what I said as they kept asking anything else? Any more?)? Then that concluded the interview and it's your turn to ask questions, I asked about my start date, if they needed me to come in before etc.

You're then told that they will ring you within 3 working days, they called me the day after to offer me the job. Make sure you're confident and cheery. The only feedback was I had a Yorkshire accent in person not on the phone but other than that there was no other negative feedback

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, Scotland (UK)

Application

I interviewed at first direct (Hamilton, Scotland (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview followed by interview and role play
    Role play consist of demonstrating your ability to capture customer free information to build rapport and to be able to demonstrate understanding of what the role entails

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to come to furst direct as advisor after 18 years management experience   1 Answer

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at first direct (Leeds, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Filled out an online form to say I was interested and they then call for a chat. After this a telephone interview is arranged make sure you are knowledgable about the company and you have examples of good customer service. If you make it through this stage you will be invited to an on site assessment, the website gives you all the information you need. My only advice would be to pay attention to all that is said they really want to help you. The face to face interview is mainly competence based questions be sure of what you are saying and don't be afraid to tell them your weakness.

The first direct website provides all you need to know for every stage. Read it a few times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at first direct (Hamilton, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

4 stages , phone call , telephone interview, role play telephone simulation then 45 min face to face interview . They make out it is all about customer service , customers phoning to pay bills , open accounts etc , but it is NOT , don't be fooled before preparing for interview , they want people to SELL

Interview Questions

• What you know about first direct   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at first direct in August 2017.

Interview

First you fill out an online form requesting a call back. Then you arrange a telephone interview

Telephone interview, questions asked, what is customer service? what do you know about first direct? Tell me about your current role. Your told then on the phone if your successful. Then you book a time for the assessment day

Assessment day. They was 6 people in my group You are shown around the building told about the role, which area you may sit in and then taken upstairs for a presentation. Then it's the role play. You are taken to another room with a few pcs and phones. You get 15min to prep .you have to offer either loan.credit card or savings account or all.The person on the other end is really nice and try and make you feel less nervous just try and ask open Question and build a rapport with them.thats what they looking for your personality to shine through.

Interview is next if successful. I was interviewed by one lovely lady made me feel less nervous was about an 1 hour long. I was offered the role the next day and was given about 6 different shift patterns to choose from

Interview Questions

• what are your future goals?
      what do you dislike in your current role?
      what will you find most challenging in this role?
      where do you see yourself in 2 years?
      what is customer service
      what traits do you need for this role?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at first direct (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

4 stages, online, phone, call simulation and then an interview. I passed the phone simulation but didnt get an offer after the interview stage. The interview lasted over an hour

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at first direct (Leeds, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a telephone interview which I passed, then got called in for a telephone simulation. When I got there, there were a few more people. We got shown around the building in Leeds and went in for a telephone simulation. Basically had to take a call from one of the recruitment team pretending to be a First Direct customer, had to act professional and build a rapport. At the end, they didn't offer me a place for an interview even though I think I did fine?!

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you delivered excellent customer service   1 Answer