iHerb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2018

2.7

Director, UI/User Experience Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Interview

Passed phone interview and requested on-site interview in the same day. The phone interview was very friendly and straight forward, but the worse part was the onsite interview.

I have interviewed with many companies, iHerb is the worse one from my record so far. At the first 1 or 2 mins, you can immediately feel their ignorance, insolence and not interested in you. They asked me non design related questions and mostly focus on IT parts, picked up cellphone and texted message during my interview. My guess is they may already have pocket candidate and this hiring process is just a show for immigration office.

Interview Questions

• No design related questions, they focus on coding process. It is very strange.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Be prepared to be disrespected. After their late arrival to the interview, half of the interviewers will be checking/typing on their laptops and phones, I thank the other half for not falling in to that. It is a complete disrespect, that you arrive, and some of them look like "Have better things to do" or they dont really care or they are being forced to be there. Aditionally half of them will leave in the middle of the interivew, I do not consider my self a bad candidate, I just got a job in a good company, so no idea why they decided to leave me in the middle of the interview, looks like they have scheduling problems, they dont care or just disrespectful.

Maybe is part of their testing to see if you have Social Anxiety or to see how well you perform under disrespect and preassure, not sure, I was not able to focus after that watching half of the team leave during the interview destroyed my morale, I guess it worked.

The questions were basic algorithm questions, some regarding clould computing, etc; actually very easy questions.

I wish I would not have waisted half day and the gas for that interview.

Interview Questions

• Experience on microservices archiqtectures.   1 Answer

Jan 3, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for leaving feedback about your experience while interviewing at iHerb. We understand how frustrated you must feel about not having an ideal candidate experience. We have addressed your... More

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb.

Interview

Seemed like a bunch of them were just going through the motions and asked me irrelevant questions. Perhaps they had already decided who to hire? Nice office, I suppose. Could probably use more of the color green.

Fraud Prevention Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Where do I start with this company, I interviewed back in September and didn’t get the position, keep in mind I was like ok you know I didn’t do as well as I could so I understood. I see that the position was reposted in December so I reapplied. I get a email a week later from this HR lady that they are interviewing canaries and being that I interviewed in September I didn’t need too again, she hyped it up oh you left a impression on Fraud supervisor and if offered can you start January 22nd! My issue is why tell me start date if you are just gonna give the position to someone else! Keep in mind this position I have noticed always seems too become open every 3 months or so with them. That tells me a lot about this company! Leaves a bad taste in my my mouth! Waste of timeeeee!!!

Interview Questions

iHerb Response

Jan 3, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to our team in relation to your most recent interview experience. It sounds like you left a memorable impact on the team, thus you were invited back to... More

Agile Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb.

Interview

Horrible! The communication was absolutely horrible with the recruiter at iHerb. I received an email asking to set up a phone screening, and quickly e-mailed back my availability. 2 days later...no response. So, I followed up. We set up a time for the following week during my lunch and no call. I gave him 15 min before sending him an e-mail and following up about our phone call. He responds about 10 min later saying he forgot to send out a calendar invite and asked if I'd be available later that day. At this point, my entire image of iHerb was tarnished. Taking the higher road I agreed to the later phone call and was told I'd hear back from him either the next day or the day after that. Well, it's been 5 days now and no word. Who in their right mind would want to work for a company so disorganized that they can't even make it to their own agreed upon interviews. Definitely was a blessing in disguise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Arrogant people, they act like they were better than Google or Microsoft . They invited you to their office just to be rude. I declined the process, I did not want to be part of that team, neither having those fellas as a coworkers everyday. You got a tour before the interview and the company looks great, BUT NOT the software development people, if they were so smart they'd working in a better company.

Interview Questions

iHerb Response

Oct 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We are upset to hear you didn’t have a great interview experience. We strive to make sure the candidate experience is an enjoyable one. Sounds like you are interviewing at some other high-level... More

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fantastic. The recruiter, Michael, was the best recruiter I have ever worked with! He was professional, attentive, and kept me informed of their process every step of the way. It was clear to me he cared about finding the right person for the position, both in terms of skills and in terms of fit. The team I interviewed with were also professional and enthusiastic. They asked challenging questions in a welcoming way. It was a great experience. The process for me consisted of a recruiter screen, a Skype interview, and an onsite interview.

IT Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was exceptionally straightforward! I spent some time on a phone screen and was contacted later that day to set up a in-person interview. I came in to interview with HR Manager and the hiring manager. Came back for one final interview with a panel of team members. Michael M. was really helpful in the whole process!

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handle a diverse group of team members.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb.

Interview

Applied through their company site, I have to say this is probably the nicest recruiter that I met so far. The recruiter contacted me the day after and scheduled me for a phone interview, just to go over the typical projects past experiences. Couple hours after the phone interview, I was scheduled for an onsite interview right away again this recruiter works really fast!

As far as the onsite interview, it was pretty straight forward typical whiteboard algorithms and questions about past work experiences/challenges that I have faced. Overall I never felt pressured or anything.

Interview Questions

• Ways to optimize a generic web api system that suddenly will now process 10x more input data   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Michael Mandell about a week after I applied online. We had a 30 minute phone conversation in which we discussed my resume and projects I've worked on. I was also able to learn more about the company during my conversation with him.

I had two on-site interviews afterwards, one with the Director of New Technologies and another with the team lead the position would report to. Both people were kind and incredibly intelligent and I genuinely enjoyed discussing various topics with them. During one interview, they helped me figure out a better way to do one of the project I've worked on, which was really awesome! I also met Michael in person before one of the interviews and he showed me around the office.

Throughout the process, Michael promptly informed me on what the next step was so I was never left in the dark. He was always responsive, both email and phone, and kindly responded to any questions I had which lessened the anxiety I usually feel during an interview process and helped me focus on the interview itself. He is very easy to talk to and made the whole experience a pleasant one.