iHerb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

1 written exercise, 2 phone interviews and 4 in-person interviews. It's a nice and simple process. Most of the people I met were super nice and honest in answering my questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage stakeholder's expectations?   2 Answers

Sep 17, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy that we were able to provide a good candidate experience and excited for you to join our team!

Vice President Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at iHerb (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

2 Phone screens, In-person with retiring VPHR, Told I was a continuing candidate and would be meeting with President but then retiring VPHR left and they did a complete reversal. I even showed them proof of the VPHR's decision to move me forward and they continued to deny I was a candidate. They clearly do not know the law and what constitutes consistent treatment to all applicants and defined candidates. Very unprofessional way to treat any level candidate but to treat a candidate that would lead their People function tells me they do not value People.

Interview Questions

• We would like you to move forward and have you meet with our President, would you be interested in continuing the process?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

Simple process. They took very long to get through it. Initial screen. Phone screen. In person interview. Problem is they don't tell you that the in person interview is a panel of seemingly random supervisors and other pronect managers, the latter being the main problem. Interviewees are rarely subject to judgements of coworkers, all of whom have their own biases. Appearance of nepotism. Also, being interviewed piecemeal by varios supervisors without being informed about the process beforehand makes preparation extremely difficult. Further, the process took 4 weeks in which they had a lot of difficulty in comminication. Including that part of the interview included a panel of 3 project managers in which one had to call in via skype. There were extreme technical difficulties. In the end, she called in. After witnessing a supposed tech compnay being unable to run a communications app, I was reluctant to take an offer. Having a tech degree I know the ease with which the provlem could have been solved, but it was more fun watching non tech individuals pretend to know what they were doing. One project manager insulted me background and the fact that I have been out of work for 4 months despite working as a consultant during that time. This same project manager then proceeded to ridicule the previous company I worked for. These are the reasons uneducated and unexperienced project managers should not be involved in the hiring of their coworkers. I suspect this project manager had referred a friend and wanted her friend hired over anyone else regardless of capabilities (i.e. nepostism). Finally, I was asked to describe the software development process and what software engineers do. A question I believed to be outside the scope of the job description and duties, and a question asked by that same project manager to find any reason to disagree with my candidacy. Its hard to have an adversary in an interview process. Why she believed me to be an adversary is unknown. The compnay did not inform me that they moved forward with other candidates. I just assume that they did since they have not contacted me for 2 weeks. Not that i need ti say, but I'd avoid working with these sorts of companies. Every company wants to mimic amazon but don't have the right people. The next amazon won't be iherb with these people there.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer
    • Please explain in detail, what is the software development process and how do you implement it?   1 Answer

Dec 5, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

We are sorry you had a bad experience. We strive to provide a positive experience and provide feedback within 5 days of interviewing. As a dynamic and growing company, iHerb is also working on enhancing our interview process and providing learning and development opportunities for all employees, including managers and leaders.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Commerce, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb (Commerce, CA).

Interview

If you love using your hard earned PTO on going to interviews that last 10 minutes, where recruiters will ignore your emails, phone calls and messages following up on your recent interview and no company phone line, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.

Interview Questions

• What’s your biggest strength at work and outside of work?   Answer Question

Sep 30, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

We are sorry to learn you feel you did not have a positive candidate experience. In-person interviews are scheduled for 30 minutes or more, to allow the hiring team to better know your past experiences, your current skill sets and your career interests. Our recruiting team's standard practice is to contact all candidates as soon as a decision is made. On behalf of the iHerb HR and talent acquisition team, we will ensure that your feedback is used to benefit the future experience.

VPHR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perris, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb (Perris, CA) in September 2019.

Interview

Bait and Switch, Waste of time, Outright Liars, Potential Lawbreakers, Dismal Candidate Experience: Interviewed with departing VPHR who was retiring. Told I was a candidate that would be moving on to the 2nd round which was a meeting with COO. Next thing you know I'm being told I am no longer being considered, job was still posted and applicants being sought. If they treat a VP level candidate like this, especially a defined applicant/candidate for their head of HR, you can imagine how they treat others. I recommend staying away from this place. They forgot the golden rule.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to meet the COO?   1 Answer

Dec 6, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your most recent experience. The Candidate Experience is of the utmost importance to us and we will work diligently to identify opportunities for future improvements. Given our considerable growth, change and redirection are pillars of both success and opportunities for process refinement. It is our continued pursuit to minimize turbulence on behalf of our candidates during this substantial period of rapid growth.

Senior UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at iHerb.

Interview

Was contacted by a 3rd-party recruiter (Career Movement). Phone call was setup with iHerb's UX Design Manager in which we both were on the same page with design process and style. Ace'd the phone interview. Was thrilled and excited. Was told the recruiter to then apply on their website. Video interview was then setup with the manager and his team. The team consisted of 2 other UX/UI designers. I was still enthusiastic until I saw the 2 other designers. They had no energy and told myself that I won't be a great fit as their colleague. I even asked them what they expect from me (because this is important to know as I would be working with them almost 8 hours a day) They didn't seem to enjoy their job and I was compelled to showcase my disinterest in the interview. My energy was drained. I showcased one of my projects and presented my screen via Google Hangouts. I was told that they didn't hire me because I they said I wanted to lead more than work with the team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a favorite project that you liked.   1 Answer

Sep 17, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We take making a great candidate experience to heart and appreciate this feedback so we can continue to improve.

As we grow our design team at iHerb, our standards for collaboration with the team/stakeholders, along with design skillset, are key factors in how we determine whether someone be setup for success here. We wish you the best of luck as you continue your search and wish you the best for you in your career.

Sr. Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb.

Interview

Interview Process started with 15 min phone screen with recruiter, then 1 hr phone screen with team member. Lastly, were the in person final interviews. 5 in person interviews back to back over approximately 4 hours. Definitely a highly complete process.

Interview Questions

iHerb Response

Jul 25, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for leaving feedback about your positive experience while interviewing at iHerb. Although we are saddened to see you declined our offer we appreciate the time you took to meet with us. Although the interview process for your position was lengthy in time, we feel it gives a great advantage for not only the team members to meet candidates on a 1:1 experience and gives the interviewee a great opportunity to see the true culture of the company. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb.

Interview

The interview process was short, simple, on time, respectful and friendly in general from a receptionist to interviewers. The recruiters were very professional and all follow ups were done promptly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be best qualified applicant for this position?   Answer Question

Jul 23, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It appears you have since joined the iHerb team. Welcome aboard!

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iHerb.

Interview

One interview by phone, then I was ghosted. The position is still open so I don’t know if I’ll be given an offer. But, I can tell you that I’m no longer interested in working here. When a company ghosts you during the recruitment phase, it’s usually a good indication of how they do business. It can only get worse from there.

Interview Questions

iHerb Response

Jul 23, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your interview feedback with us. Our standard practice is that our recruiting team follows up with all candidates to let them know where they are in the process, unfortunately it does seem like there was an error in your situation and we do apologize as this is not the norm for us. We wish you the best in your career.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at iHerb.

Interview

Recruiter will reach out
    1. Interview with recruiter - about 2 weeks from the date of application
    2. Next round with hiring manager (or who I thought was the hiring manager) - another 1 week to schedule
    3. Interview with hiring manager - average interview, wanted people to know how good this person was
    4. On site interviews - All day long with various PM's (some interviews were unscheduled and the hiring manager decided to not show up)

Its been 2 months and have not heard back.

Found out that the PM's I was interviewing with on site were the hiring managers.

A lot of layers, jr pm, pm, pm, lead pm etc etc

Overall unprofessional

Interview Questions

• Basic PM interview questions, some were just not smart.   Answer Question

Jul 17, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not have an ideal candidate experience while interviewing here at iHerb. Our recruiting team is instructed to reach out to all candidates as soon as a decision is made. There seems to have been a breakdown in communication during your specific experience and we do apologize if that was the case.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Interview

1. Chat with recruiter.
    2. Half hour phone call with manager. It was a discussion of your background.
    3. Final onsite. Three rounds. It was basically covering jQuery, Angular, CSS, and React. Basically they wanted to know how much you knew about web technologies. No coding challenge. Last part was "culture fit".

I just wanted to share my thought that I felt they didn't really read my resume during the interview process.

Interview Questions

iHerb Response

Jul 23, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback on your interview process here at iHerb. We appreciate you taking the time to interview with the company and wish you the best in your future career.