iHerb Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iHerb Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2018

2.8

Agile Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb.

Interview

Horrible! The communication was absolutely horrible with the recruiter at iHerb. I received an email asking to set up a phone screening, and quickly e-mailed back my availability. 2 days later...no response. So, I followed up. We set up a time for the following week during my lunch and no call. I gave him 15 min before sending him an e-mail and following up about our phone call. He responds about 10 min later saying he forgot to send out a calendar invite and asked if I'd be available later that day. At this point, my entire image of iHerb was tarnished. Taking the higher road I agreed to the later phone call and was told I'd hear back from him either the next day or the day after that. Well, it's been 5 days now and no word. Who in their right mind would want to work for a company so disorganized that they can't even make it to their own agreed upon interviews. Definitely was a blessing in disguise.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iHerb (Pasadena, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The first interview was conducted on-site with the General Counsel and Paralegal. The questions asked were fairly behavioral in nature with a specific regard for my experience in reviewing contracts and negotiation. I was then asked to come in for a second on-site interview where I met the HR Manager and CFO. Again, this was a test to see if I would fit within the work culture and personality. Within the same week I was presented with an offer!

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in reviewing and negotiating contracts?   Answer Question

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perris, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb (Perris, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Was very relaxed and I found out just what the company was all about and what the job involved. The interviewer was very helpful in in-forming me with my question I had.

Interview Questions

• Did I know about 360 photography?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by Michael Mandell about a week after I applied online. We had a 30 minute phone conversation in which we discussed my resume and projects I've worked on. I was also able to learn more about the company during my conversation with him.

I had two on-site interviews afterwards, one with the Director of New Technologies and another with the team lead the position would report to. Both people were kind and incredibly intelligent and I genuinely enjoyed discussing various topics with them. During one interview, they helped me figure out a better way to do one of the project I've worked on, which was really awesome! I also met Michael in person before one of the interviews and he showed me around the office.

Throughout the process, Michael promptly informed me on what the next step was so I was never left in the dark. He was always responsive, both email and phone, and kindly responded to any questions I had which lessened the anxiety I usually feel during an interview process and helped me focus on the interview itself. He is very easy to talk to and made the whole experience a pleasant one.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Applied through their website and was contacted a few days later by Michael. Michael is an awesome recruiter and an even better guy! The process was smooth and quick and was an overall very enjoyable experience thanks to him. He answered any questions I had through e-mail very quickly as well.

He then helped me scheduled an on-site for a few days later and showed me around which was great as well. I can't go into detail on the on-site interview but it was a good experience and based on my strengths so it wasn't impossibly difficult.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted very quickly by Michael Mandell and set up a phone interview. He was very friendly and professional and we had a good phone conversation. Was not offered an onsite interview, but appreciated the responsiveness throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Discussed resume & reason for looking for a new position   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I found this position after attending a Tech in Motion meetup event in OC. I briefly spoke to Michael Mandell at the iHerb hosted table at the venue and he informed me that the company is constantly growing and looking to bring on more developers. I wrote my information down and the very next day, he reached out to me for a quick phone screening and asked if I would like to come in for an interview. The interview process wasn't overly difficult and within an hour of completing the interview, I received a call back from Michael who gladly extended an offer to me. I appreciated the transparency throughout the whole interview process as many companies I have interviewed with before left me hanging for a couple of days before informing me of their decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Be prepared to be disrespected. After their late arrival to the interview, half of the interviewers will be checking/typing on their laptops and phones, I thank the other half for not falling in to that. It is a complete disrespect, that you arrive, and some of them look like "Have better things to do" or they dont really care or they are being forced to be there. Aditionally half of them will leave in the middle of the interivew, I do not consider my self a bad candidate, I just got a job in a good company, so no idea why they decided to leave me in the middle of the interview, looks like they have scheduling problems, they dont care or just disrespectful.

Maybe is part of their testing to see if you have Social Anxiety or to see how well you perform under disrespect and preassure, not sure, I was not able to focus after that watching half of the team leave during the interview destroyed my morale, I guess it worked.

The questions were basic algorithm questions, some regarding clould computing, etc; actually very easy questions.

I wish I would not have waisted half day and the gas for that interview.

Interview Questions

• Experience on microservices archiqtectures.   1 Answer

iHerb Response

Jan 3, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for leaving feedback about your experience while interviewing at iHerb. We understand how frustrated you must feel about not having an ideal candidate experience. We have addressed your... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iHerb.

Interview

Applied through their company site, I have to say this is probably the nicest recruiter that I met so far. The recruiter contacted me the day after and scheduled me for a phone interview, just to go over the typical projects past experiences. Couple hours after the phone interview, I was scheduled for an onsite interview right away again this recruiter works really fast!

As far as the onsite interview, it was pretty straight forward typical whiteboard algorithms and questions about past work experiences/challenges that I have faced. Overall I never felt pressured or anything.

Interview Questions

• Ways to optimize a generic web api system that suddenly will now process 10x more input data   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iHerb (Irvine, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Arrogant people, they act like they were better than Google or Microsoft . They invited you to their office just to be rude. I declined the process, I did not want to be part of that team, neither having those fellas as a coworkers everyday. You got a tour before the interview and the company looks great, BUT NOT the software development people, if they were so smart they'd working in a better company.

Interview Questions

iHerb Response

Oct 16, 2017 – Talent Acquisition

We are upset to hear you didn’t have a great interview experience. We strive to make sure the candidate experience is an enjoyable one. Sounds like you are interviewing at some other high-level... More