iTutorGroup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

iTutorGroup Interview Questions

Interviews at iTutorGroup

1.9

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iTutorGroup in February 2020.

Interview

I completed the online interview. Basic questions. Fifteen years teaching with multiple certifications and degrees but I read online they will reject you if you are of color. You will not make it to the one on one interview once they see your video or picture and voila. Immediately rejected. I'm not even upset. It's 2020. Don't waste your time dealing with them.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle six year old Johnny if he won't stay seated?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iTutorGroup (Flagstaff, AZ) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview was pretty easy if you are comfortable with a mock teaching session with the given slides. The interview consists of 15 minutes. The first 3 minutes will be you describing your background, qualifications, and experience as a teacher. The, you complete the mock session. I prepared ahead of time with some props to "reward" my student and print outs of each slide to hold and emphasize each words. Definitely prepare ahead to see what slides you may be asked to teach to your interviewer. Use your TPR, smiles, listen to your "student" for mistakes and speak at a good rate! You will do great and fake it until you make it!(:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at iTutorGroup (Rochester, MI) in March 2020.

Interview

The 15-minute interview accurately previews what they’re looking for: a person who can dispense lessons in their factory-farm model.

The interviewer spent a few minutes talking about her day job, then asked me about my experience. I currently work full-time in corporate eLearning and have 14 years of ELA and TEFL experience and chatted with her about previous and current students (I teach for a lovely online school that I don’t want to leave, but the schedule is a bit lighter than usual due to the economy, so I was looking to add a few hours.)

Then the interviewer asked me to teach a slide from the deck I was sent with my interview confirmation. It was the stand up/sit down slide. At this point I could see that the canned lesson experience iTutor offered was not for me. I don’t believe in teaching—or presenting—a “slide.” A slide is a tool to provide and reinforce cues, not something to read to someone. What they seem to looking for is someone who can read slides with a lot of energy and wave dolls around for the young-learner crowd. This is not me, and I candidly told the interviewer that my passion was middle- and high-school and adult education. If you enjoy working with very young learners, and you’re okay with the up-front investment in red polo shirts and whatever other gear, by all means go for it.

For my part, I’m glad to have dodged this bullet. My strengths lie in the relationships I build with students that help me to prepare materials relevant to their needs and interests. We play games and have fun, but I don’t read slides or use Mr. Monkey to get the attention of a student who doesn’t want to be there. And while student feedback is necessary and helpful, it doesn’t affect my hourly rate.

If anything, seeing the way iTutor Group works has given me a new appreciation for my current school! I am now happy to ride out this slower period and enjoy a fuller schedule when the economy picks up again.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to teach online?   1 Answer
    • You might have a five-year-old for one lesson and a 67-year-old the next. Are you okay with that?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a student became distracted during the lesson?   Answer Question
    • Are you available during peak hours?   Answer Question

English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at iTutorGroup.

Interview

Very easy and simple. I had an online face to face interview with a recruiter. She asked me about my educational background and my teaching experience. She asked if I was working on my teaching certificate and if I could commit to 5 hours per week and I said yes to both questions. We then did a brief mock teaching session where she pretended to be a student and I taught her a slide from the lesson. Smile big and keep your energy up at all times while teaching!

Interview Questions

• About your teaching background.   2 Answers

Online Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at iTutorGroup (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2019.

Interview

It was a pretty straightforward interview via an online tool. It was a one to one interview around 15 min. Very short introduction and talked about teaching methods. The interview atmosphere was quite relaxed and friendly. I think the main issue is showing how eager you are to teach

Interview Questions

• I was asked my education and previous experience. After that they want me to do a mock teaching session.   1 Answer

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iTutorGroup (Tampa, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview was visual and review of my teaching style. I taught the way I would want to learn. The interview was short and fairly simple. Good opportunity for part time work .

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at iTutorGroup (Miami, FL) in September 2019.

Interview

After a application online, i scheduled an online interview and mock class. The interview took less than 30 mins the guy was very nice. Make sure you use tpr and have alot of energy during the class

INTERVIEW WITH A RECRUITER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at iTutorGroup (Miami, FL) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview was a breeze, make sure to interview with a reliable recruiter. Come prepared, with energy, positive and professional. From the time the I applied with the recruiter to the time I heard back with an offer was less than a week

Online English Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at iTutorGroup.

Interview

The interview process was pretty good. I just have produced the colors and reviewing the class objectives. I have to discuss on my personal background in tutoring and teaching with middle school and college level

ESL Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at iTutorGroup (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Rapid response to application, 30-minutes Skype interview through employment agency. Process was very pleasant and thorough, immediate hiring decision, starting date was soon, company provided extensive training for their proprietary online platform.

Interview Questions

• Native-speaker English fluency and grammar through interaction and observation   Answer Question