nearmap Interview Questions | Glassdoor

nearmap Interview Questions

Interviews at nearmap

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at nearmap.

Interview

Brief background questions
    Very guided interview with plenty of instant feedback, I always knew where I stood.
    Helped me understand what was required from the position, what I could expect, and gave me a vision of what the company could be and what my role could be in the company.
    Best interview I've ever had, with quick results and decisions.
    I had an offer face to face in the first interview.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at nearmap (South Jordan, UT) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of working through a retained outside recruiter and then an initial phone interview with the hiring manager. The second interview was a video conference with the hiring manager. The third round consisted of an in person interviews with the GM, hiring manager, other member of the team, and a video conference with the CFO. Feedback was provided via the recruiter at each step in the process and the process moved rapidly despite the numerous interviews.

Interview Questions

• Interviews tended to be more free flowing discussions rather than canned pre-planned lists of questions.   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at nearmap (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn. Received an invite for a phone screen with a recruiter and after completing that was invited for an on-site interview. I met with the manager and spoke with him for a bit. He mentioned he'd like to schedule a phone sales interview through the recruiter and that he needed to step out. I met with a couple other employees and had a good conversation. I didn't hear back from either the recruiter or the manager for a few days. After reaching out the manager said he'd be in touch and just a few hours later I received a form email saying they were moving in a different direction. I felt like that was extremely unprofessional in his hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What are you 100% certain about, but no one else is in agreement?   1 Answer

NA Vice President of Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at nearmap (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

1. Initial phone conversation with recruiter who was very good. She asked me specific, measurable questions, many were behavioral-based /open ended allowing me to fully explain my history and suitability for the role
    2. Brief phone interview with Global HR Manager - terrible. The "interview questions" were sent to me via email in advance of my phone interview and she expected me to fill this in before talking. Backward and ancient way of recruiting, seemed odd at this position level.

Interview Questions

• - Methodology around Sales Process/Selling
       - Biggest deal closed
       - Subscription Selling experience   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative - NYC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at nearmap (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

A big joke. Phone screening with The HR coordinator in Salt Lake City, Utah office) she scheduled me an interview for 8am, and when I told her it was the wrong timezone, she said no. Of course I showed up at their WeWork office (yep, they're THAT successful, they cannot afford a real NYC office.) I showed up at 8am, and no one is there, then at 10:20am the interviewer called me asking where am I. I have no one's information besides the amazing hr coordinator, and I got not even an apology for the lack of respect for my wasted time. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME with a company like this!! awful!!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at nearmap (Sydney (Australia)) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a very short interview process. It was just 2 days of interview. One of the easiest I ever had.

Although for some of my previous jobs, I was just offered the job and just had to take them. This was relatively easy by Australian standard. The standard is to go through 4 weeks of interview before receiving any offer.

I believe I don't have any regrets, and I am growing to be better in some ways in the company. The challenges are diverse. They are honest about what they think about you, so you immediately know what you should improve on.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural questions   1 Answer
    • What was my work experience in the past? How was I hired?   1 Answer
    • A lot of technical questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at nearmap (Sydney (Australia)) in September 2018.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, both mostly about my experience and my overall approach on some scenarios. There wasn't any deep technical questions. They were interested mostly in the arhitectural approach.

Interview Questions

• How would I improve a system I had previously worked on?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pyrmont (Australia)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at nearmap (Pyrmont (Australia)) in February 2019.

Interview

Phone call for 30 mins the first interview with two HR people

Not really prepared no questions or time spent getting to know more, I thought the ladies were looking for younger people and judging on what they think would fit the culture

Very quick interview, abrupt and a waste of time

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at nearmap (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, F2F interview. I was told in the F2F interview that they were hoping to move quite quickly through the process and would be in touch over the next few days to lock in a second interview.

Didn't hear anything for over 7 days, I chased them. I then was then told they had gone with another candidate, it became quite clear that the HR person who was giving me the feedback had the wrong information about who I'd met with and how many interview's I'd attended. The feedback was inconsistent and really vague.

Disappointing candidate experience.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at nearmap (Sydney (Australia)) in January 2019.

Interview

Friendly process, made to feel comfortable rather than jumping straight into it, I thought this was a great approach as everyone is nervous in an interview and this allowed me to feel comfortable answering questions and also asking questions. HR interviewed in terms of personality and the interviewing manager was more technical. I would rate this as the best interview I have been to as it was more of a discussion than an interrogation. I felt they where honest and open about the position as well as the organisation. I walked out feeling like nearmap was a place I wanted to work.