Senior Lead Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Senior Lead Software Engineer Interview Questions

Senior lead software engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They asked me to do a technical assesment of my Java and Struts skills.

1 Answer

This took longer than I expected because I was weak in this area. Otherwise it would have been easy to do.

Programming exercise was good- you had 1:15 hr in XCode to write a simple iOS application with data persistence, implement a shake motion gesture, localize it into french and spanish, and ensure the UI resized correctly. Then you had to write the test cases for your app. All told if you knew what you were doing you should have the basics done in under an hour. From there you can spend the rest of your time making the UI pretty.

1) Given a point and an collection of arbitrary 2D points, find the point closest to the the given point. 2) Given a collection of arbitrary 2D points, find the point closest to the median.

2 Answers

There was a detailed technical question about a test strategy for a complex system built with a domain-specific language. When I answered in general terms, the interviewer kept pressing for more specifics and detailed examples. I finally realized that she didn't really understand the problem. I confronted her with "This is your job, isn't it? And you don't know how to do it!" She admitted I was right.

Not allowed to disclose the questions, I suppose. I honor the privacy

A programming problem to do on whiteboard then a behavior puzzle question.

1 Answer