Applied Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Applied Materials Interview Questions

Interviews at Applied Materials

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Full day interview with a bunch of directors. It felt like multiple interrogations plus PhD qualification exam. The interviewers look stressed out from their jobs and I could feel it.

Interview Questions

• What kind of nightmare stories have you heard about Applied Materials?   1 Answer
    • How does a plasma work?   Answer Question
    • How would you have designed this system differently to make it more effective?   Answer Question
    • What kind of work-life balance are you expecting?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials in April 2020.

Interview

Due to the quarantine situation, there was no onsite interview. Got informed that there would be only one interview during the first and the only interview. Total of 5 rounds with 5 people with different positions in the team. Questions are easy and based on the resume. They all sound pretty nice there. I was told their working hours were very long. It is not a nice thing to hear, but at least they are being transparent during the interviews. Still waiting for the result.

Interview Questions

• Resume-based questions. I prepared for some experiments and equipments related questions, but they didn't ask any.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

There was a phone screening as a first round and it was a audio interview through skype. They have second round as face to face interview.The phone screening is basically regarding the technical background and the skillset that we mention in the resume.

Electronic Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Austin, TX) in February 2020.

Interview

Drug Test | Lego Test | Shifts Available | New Hire Paperwork.
    Before getting an interview, an onsite drug test is required. Then there is a 12 minute lego test to determine how well you can follow instructions. If passed you will discuss your availability and then fill out the new hire paperwork.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Applied Materials in February 2020.

Interview

Was contacted a few days after applying for the position through Adecco staffing and had to take an assessment. Passed assessment and did a phone interview all to find out I was unqualified for the position only because I lacked the experience for the position. Would have preferred to be contacted prior and let know that the interview was not needed due to this. Verbatim job qualification: -3+ years of electro/mechanical assembly/technician experience OR a technical AS in a related field

Interview Questions

• Do you have 3 years experience doing electro mechanical assembly?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials in February 2020.

Interview

Phone Call for initial screening and setting up the next meeting, then
    Video Call with the engineering team where they ask about your experiences and your goals for a summer internship

Servo Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

An all day interview that started with a Group Presentation to the whole team followed by two individual interviews. Next was a tour of some the lab and lunch. After lunch was another two individual interviews and then a final tour of another lab space.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were related to problem solving style and working in a team.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There were total of 4 rounds.First one was written test.They had shortlisted 11 candidates out of 120 for interviews.Now there were 2 technical rounds(each one was elimination round) and one hr interview (conditional based questions and checks your capability to think about a particular problem in different ways).
    Finally two candidates were selected.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied through Applied Materials website. The process took 2 weeks. I had a phone interview. And I invited the onsite interview at Applied Materials. I presented my work for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience about the instruments in cleanroom? How did you know Applied Materials? Can you explain what is the hardest time in your life?   Answer Question

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2019.

Interview

A preliminary interview over the phone is conducted in order for the employer to clear up any doubts about the job and so that they can get an idea of the possible employee's personality and communication skills. There is also an opportunity for the person being interviewed to talk in more detail about their most important skills and projects.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel more than 20 percent of the time?   Answer Question