Applied Materials Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2018

2.9

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials.

Interview

2 Written rounds : Technical objective questions, Programming round
    1 Face to face Technical Interview : Technical questions on C++,data structures, Advanced Algorithm,Microprocessors & OS concepts.
    1 Telephonic Interview : Current project explanation & related technical questions . IPC and Finite state machines related question.

Interview Questions

• 2 Written rounds : Technical objective questions, Programming round
      1 HR interview : Why I am looking fro job, what si my long term goal . Why AMAT? Some background related question .   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview asking personality, goals, and work history related questions followed by site visit with one panel and four individual meetings with an assortment of departments beyond software. Fairly informal atmosphere in the interview.

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The interviewer asked questions on C++ and C#
    They are interested in your knowledge about multithreaded programming and concepts
    Operating system fundamentals are also expected in details with examples
    Software experience and demonstrated proficiency in software development
    Be prepared to answer questions about how you used your skills in solving a problem

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

First was a phone screen for 15 min. It could have been longer for me, but I told my interviewer that I had to rush to a class after that. I was asked questions on my resume. I got an onsite call within 5 days.

The onsite had 4 rounds of interviews lasting 1hr each. Each interviewer was either a engineering manager or a member of technical staff. I found all the interviewers intelligent and smart. Since C++ is heavily used here, prepare that part well.

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager for a first tech round. It was basic string and array problems. At the end of the phone call I was told they would like to fly me for an onsite . During my onsite I had 4 interviews with developers from different teams. All of them were well experienced and had a sound knowldege on c/c++. I was mostly tested on c and c++. I was tested on algo problems and writing test cases. It was a good experience altogether

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process was composed of 6 1:1 meetings with members of the team. The team was misaligned on the xepectations and requirements from the candidate.
    There were also discrepencies in the job description between the different memebr. It seemed like they did not know exactly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position and why do you think you are the best candidate ?   Answer Question

CE Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Applied Materials in August 2013.

Interview

They asked a lot of tech questions, and personal questions. They really wanted to get to know me they wanted to figure out what group I would fit in best with. I three hours talking with ten different people. Some was group some was one on one.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

4 rounds of 30 mins each. First interview was based on resume and some information about the company. What kind of work they do and what kind of work you would be doing. One interview related with basic algorithm knowledge. One interview related with your projects and the last coding interview. Basic concepts asked.

College Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Applied Materials in March 2017.

Interview

30 minute call, present slides on research and tell us about how you got involved in this work, what do you know/don't you know, how familiar you are with our processes, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Applied Materials (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online for college intern position through company website. Scheduled an interview for phone round and got a confirmation after a week. I confirmed the offer and then got offer letter in another 2 days.

Interview Questions

• Was asked a couple of questions related to threads, deadlocks, dictionary etc.   Answer Question