Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Whole process took 2 weeks from applying online to getting a phone interview but only 3 days from my face to face interview to get the job.
    Very formal interview with myself, hiring manager and one other manager. They asked basic behavioral questions. This took about 35 minutes and then I set with an employee and was allowed to listen in on an actual customer call. This was about 15 minutes. I got the call the call from the recruiter 2 days later that I was offered the job. I officially start next month.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions based on their core values: initiative, curiosity, time management, etc.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Caledonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Caledonia, MI).

Interview

It was very basic. You first had a telephone interview that asked behavioral questions then at the end of it they ask you to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview took a little over an hour and you met with 3 people. It was the same as the phone interview asking mainly behavioral questions. Heard back 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you failed and how did you come back   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Sent in application, then received a call from a recruiter who spoke to me about different positions that might best fit my background. Once decided I was sent two online assessments and scheduled for a phone interview. Once phone interview is completed you can get invited to a panel interview. I had two people ask me behavior questions (brush up they ask you a lot of questions) customer service is key. Once all the questions were asked I was given a paper with a short description of a three car accident and I was asked to see how I would determine who caused the accident. (I honestly think they were seeing how well I think) I gave them my best answer and said thank you. Two days later I received a invitation for my background and offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a stressful situation at work and what did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The agent and one member of upper management in interview. Average interview, nothing especially good or bad. Asked questions on the company's history, behavioral questions, skills review. After the panel interview, had an interview a week later with the agent.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Valencia, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I was greeted warmly felt welcome & they showed a genuine interest in me. I was interviewed by the team members as well as the agency owner. The job description was gone over diligently, I was given an opportunity to ask any questions.
    I left with a good feeling about how the interview went & they stated that I should here back from them within a week.

Interview Questions

• Can you work well in a team environment?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in December 2017.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, very nice and professional. Asked basic questions and information and then in depth discussion about the company, the job itself, training and resources. Good industry and reputable company but we decided at this point in my career it was not the right thing for me with no background in insurance.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Houston, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

Two interview process, phone and in person. Enjoyed the professionalism. Long interview. Background check is neccesary and 2 weeks to process. He talked about him and the company and explained real talk what the job has to offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Woodland Hills, CA).

Interview

Phone interview and then group interview. Prior to the group interview, you're given a business scenario and 45 minutes by yourself to formulate a presentation (with white board info) about a project for it. 45 minutes is not enough time for 99.9% of people. So see questions below. And this could have changed by now. Also, the woman who initially did the phone interview with me obviously had not thoroughly reviewed my resume...as evidenced by her surprise during the group meeting at my different industry experience.

Interview Questions

• The following describes a fictitious project. Please take me longer than 45 minutes to prepare the deliverables listed below, which he will use as the basis for discussion during a 30 minute presentation:

• online ordering‘s business drivers
      • Proposed scope for the solution (business and technical)
      • High-level project plan, highlighting any proposed phasing in prioritization please include major critical activities and repair list of several relevant next steps
      • conceptual systems architecture diagram of your proposed solutions to the business problem presented, including your assumptions
      • list of relevant dependencies
      • list of items you would need to help prep the project team if the farmers business sponsor decides to move forward with your proposed solutions.
      • List of open questions or additional information you need from the business sponsor.

Online Ordering is a marketing literature delivery service that allows distributors (brokers insurance and agents) to order products brochures application forms and giveaways online. The service has no branch outlets and distributes materials through a toll free number or a website (FarmersLink) that was launched three years ago (maintained by Farmers development center in India) Online Ordering currently sources it’s materials from five well-regarded print houses/fulfillment centers vendors who ship directly to the “customers” (Farmers distributors). In addition, Farmers is the process of negotiating with five other print houses/fulfillment vendors. These vendors promised like brochures and giveaways. Online Ordering processed and shipped 500,000 items last year and the service is expected to closely match farmers growth over the next five years. The company expects Online Ordering volume to grow by 20% annually.

The service's key differentiator in the past had been the personalized, one to one service provided to distributors, but with the launch at FarmersLink, the level of service has dropped off noticeably. In an attempt to integrate the two channels Farmers implemented a common crm solution and database that is used by the call center staff and FarmersLink. However the order management and fulfillment systems are still separate inventory in order status information gets updated once a day by a nightly batch process. Therefore the call center staff doesn’t always have access to the most current data when the distributors call in.

Another reason for confusion in the ordering process is that the vendors email in reports on order status and inventory once a day, and the team at the call center is dedicated to updating the systems with these reports. Overall vendor management is quite costly and inefficient, especially since the call center staff has to physically contact vendors when there’s an order issue or when distributors change their mind and cancel/modify their orders.

In order to achieve desired results, Online Ordering his business sponsors feel strongly that Online Ordering needs to reclaim it’s excellent customer service reputation and be able to support all of the new vendor relationships that are being developed. She is especially concerned that the existing problems will compound exponentially because it would be physically impossible for the call center staff to continue the manual handling of customer issues given the projected volume growth. Her goals include:

• Providing tier levels of customer service, while maintaining a strong base level of customer service for all, including better visibility into order status.
      • Reduced number of call center staff.
      • Empower the remaining call center staff with access to real-time inventory and order status information.
      • Streamline the vendor management process and make it more efficient.
      • In particular, ‘Automate’ the vendor nightly process before the next tax season (eight months away) because she expects to start engaging her new suppliers in active business at that point (changing regulations require new tax forms more disclosure mailings in customized instructions)

The business sponsor believes that any further responsibilities on the development staff in India would straining too much and Farmers cannot afford expanding the team because the returns may not be worth the expense. Farmers provide materials to distributors free of charge. Also, for the Farmer senior leadership team to agree with her strategy, the business case needs to be presented (Proposal and CBA) and significant changes must be implemented within a year to justify any further expenditure. In the past, the sponsor his face significant challenges and convincing the conservative senior leadership team and other stakeholders to expand/enhance such baseline services and so she needs quick wins to allow her to demonstrate the soundness of her strategy, and seek additional funding for Online Ordering enhancements.   1 Answer

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

It was an easy interview, met with agent in office after a brief phone interview. Offered the job same day. It was a relaxed environment, mostly went over situational and behavioral questions.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Sacramento, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed and professional. It seemed like to good of a job to pass up, until I was told that I would receive no help in getting my insurance license. After getting license by myself, it was uncertain that they're was a guaranteed position upon completion. I had to put off getting my license and following up with the company, due to no real guidance along with financial difficulties. I assumed if they were serious about getting good employees they would be more helpful. Overall, if financially stable and willing to spend money to gain a foot in the door, this seemed like a great company to work for.