Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS).

Interview

BBI - Behavior Based Interview. The questions asked are all based on your behavior or actions in a situation dealing with a customer, conflict, supervisors and team members. Make sure that you have some examples prepared before the interview. Remember to focus on what your actions were and what the outcome was.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and then was told I would be speaking with the hiring manager. Spoke with the hiring manager and HR followed up with me saying the hiring was interested. Never heard back after following up a few times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and how do you think you can contribute?   Answer Question

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Vancouver, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Sat down with hiring manager and district manager. Went over resume and explained why I wanted to work there. After they explained how you got paid and their advancement structure

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about sales and making cold calls to produce sales?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel about a commission based salary?   1 Answer

Claims Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Will be contacted if selected to move on to in person interview. 30 minute phone conversation regarding work history, goals, etc. Gave opportunity to ask any questions that I had regarsing the company or position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a positive and a negative experience that you solved in customer service.   Answer Question

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ladera Ranch, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Ladera Ranch, CA).

Interview

Filled out online application, completed assessment and got a call from the recruiter. The recruiter kept missing our appointments to interview and was rescheduling constantly. It got so ridiculous I finally had to say forget it, and to stop wasting my time. Especially as I was interviewing with multiple companies at that time. Hire better recruiters

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Orange, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone interview then was referred to panel interview which I have not had yet. I understand that it will be in a panel format and it will have behavioral questions for me. I will have to describe how I thought outside the box in my claims handling which should be straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Challenging claim that I had at my current position.   1 Answer

Commercial Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Westlake Village, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Having reviewed the previous interviews, my experience was very different. I applied online and received a call from one of the hiring managers who was pleasant and directly asked if I could come in for an interview the next week. He conveyed that there would be behavioral type questions. This was not a technical interview. The interview itself took place in front of 3 hiring managers with 2 other managers on conference call. Instead of the usual behavioral questions, the asked specific compentancy questions on inclusion, strategical thinking, etc similar to what you find on a performance review for an existing employee. I asked if there would be any aptitude testing. They explained that the test I took for another position I applied for a year ago was acceptable. At this point I am waiting to see if I will progress on to the next step in the hiring process. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you applied strategic thinking to solve a problem.   Answer Question

ADP Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

I put my application in online that Monday I got an invite to a phone interview that Friday. The HR rep was amazing very friendly person. She wanted to get to know me so she asked some questions about me and my previous work experience. I was then asked to come in for an interview in person a week later. interviewed by two managers they were pretty cool I thought the interview went well. I was then asked to sit with a rep to shadow and for 30 mins. Then the manager took me back out and said someone would contact me in 2 weeks. The interview was on Thur I had not received an email but I checked online and it said no longer under consideration. I was very shocked one I didn't get it two I was not contacted but I contacted the HR rep and she said she would call me back with the information on what caused the managers to say no.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle not being able to finish all your work?   Answer Question

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Laguna Niguel, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was well organized in their recruiting offices. You meet at the main office at first then to the recruiters office where you will meet with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Tell a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

I knocked on his door asking for a job, he called me back for an interview. Asked a few regular interview question then just talked about me and my future goals for a while. He then presented the opportunity to me and I accepted.