Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2018

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2018.

Interview

The recruitment process, is very friendly and informative. The hiring staff and management are very informative and clear in what job description and goals will be. The positive attitude shown throughout the interview process, indicated that Farmers would be a great company to represent. They also offer all the training and tools needed for success.

Interview Questions

• Past management experience, and how that experience can be an asset in the role applied for   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Received an invitation for a phone interview 2 days later. The interviewer was nice and made the process smooth. She explained the job, hours, pay and expectations. I was invited for a f2f next week. Hoping it goes well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had and angry customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Woodland Hills, CA).

Interview

I applied online and had a first round over the phone after a few weeks. This interview was very casual, mostly typical behavioral questions. Then I was accepted for an in-office visit with multiple rounds, in which had more behavioral questions and some light casing. This process took around 2.5 hours. I would advise you know Excel. Knowledge on insurance in general not necessary.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

HR called me early in the week to schedule a 30 minutes initial discussion with HR for the FOLLOWING week. Thought it was unusual that they would schedule it a week later, especially since it was a preliminary discussion with HR. Come the following week and on the 30 minutes call with HR, the HR personnel told me that the position I applied for was no longer available as of Friday last week. Pretty disappointed at the HR and hiring process as they seemed to have someone already in mind for the position and scheduled a call with me after an offer was made to someone else.

Financial Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Pretty standard interview. talked about some strengths and then some weaknesses. asked me to describe past experience relating to the job. things like how i made a difference or how and when i used the skills in my field during past work. was a in person interview

Interview Questions

• describe or talk about some of the financial statements eg: balance sheet income statement   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in April 2018.

Interview

Pretty laid back and easy process. Recruiter reached out for a phone interview for a few minutes. Then setup an in person interview but wasn’t for a couple weeks. I believe there’s an online assessment but I applied before and took it so at least I didn’t have to do it again. In person started off with a typing test. The keyboard was sticky and affected my wpm but still did 54 wpm which is okay since I got the job. Interviewed with 2 managers. Not many behavioral based questions. Gave me a list of 4 activities and had to explain in which order I would complete them and why. Showed me a drawing of an accident asked me what would I ask our insure in this situation. That was tough since I have no experience but they didn’t seem to care much at all. Overall it was only a 35 minute interview and received an offer the next day. Background check however was stressful. Mislabel your previous job title and you receive an email saying it doesn’t match what they found and you may not be offered employment. Even if it’s one added word you put in. Very annoying especially threatening my job over something so minor but it’s a third party vendor and farmers still offered employment anyways and start in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

There was a phone interview and two follow up in person interviews. The company relies heavily upon the behavior based interview model (BBI). They usually do group interviews and interviews with a panel of current employees. Farmers also likes to hire from within so it can be difficult to get your foot in the door.

Litigation Secretary Interview

Interview

Received l0 minute call from Farmers recruiter. She talked over me by asking and answering her own questions. I inquired about the organizational structure and she was impatient and talked down to me as if I should already know. She pressed me very hard to providethe my salary requirements but I stood fast and would not commnit. At that point she said Farmers salary range was $51,000-53,000 annually. Graciously I told her it was acceptable, all the while knowing it was $20,000 under the market rate. The next day they indicated I had not been selected. Looking back on the interview, they never gave me a chance and it was a waste of resources. My respect for their company has diminished. Had the recruiter been more respectful in her tone and allowed me to speak, I would have felt better about the outcome.

Interview Questions

Farmers Insurance Group Response

Apr 16, 2018 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We greatly value the time you have invested in seeking a career opportunity with us. At Farmers Insurance, we continuously seek ways to make this process as seamless as... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mercer Island, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Mercer Island, WA).

Interview

Got an invite for a phone interview fairly quickly after the application. Aced the phone interview and got they wanted me to come to the in person interview but I expressed concern about the hours required for the job. They told me that it's not going to workout due to a schedule conflict.

1 week later they called me back and said that actually it will work and I can work the hours I wanted and I could go to the in person interview if I still wanted it. I went to the interview with 2 very nice ladies that showed me around, introduced me to the other leads, and had me shadow someone on calls before the interview. I was comfortable talking with them and it was relaxed. They were friendly and easy to talk to. Also I liked that they told me about the culture of work environment there and they gave a thorough explanation of the job. I felt great when I left.

I got an offer a few days later. But the recruiter then said that I would still be required to work the hours they previously required. I told her I thought she said I could work the hours I desired since I had another job and I thought we were in agreement. She said it was a misunderstanding and didn't explain everything. So I ended up not accepting the position.

I just wish that HR recruiters at companies like these wouldn't waste job applicants time by telling them one thing if that's not the case and not being clear about job requirements.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process was methodical and focused. It was not TOO tense, and I was able to open up freely and connect with the interviewees. Also, they were immensely upfront with what they were seeking and what they desired in an individual, as well as the tasks and duties to be performed, if selected.