Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Agency Owner Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2013.

Interview

Easy, anybody they can find interested will pass the interview. If there's a position open for an agency owner, they'll hire you on the spot pretty much. They'll churn through agents without thouroughly qualifying them.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions.
      "Why do you want to be an insurance agent?"   Answer Question

Agency Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

The interview was straightforward. I was asked to come in for a thirty-minute interview. The district office then had me interview with an agent that was again a thirty-minute interview.

Interview Questions

• What sales experience do you have?
      What are your career goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Fairfield, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Main responsibility was to reach quarterly quotas. I was also informed that I had to be licensed in multiple fields of insurance. Questions involved a lot of how it is to become an entrepreneur.

Interview Questions

• Do you have what it takes to be your own boss?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Lubbock, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed 3 times. One with staff, 2nd with Agency Owner, and 3rd District Manager. Felt it was a little over kill. I got asked all the same questions and gave all the same answers. I feel the Agency Owner could have just as well done the interview and made the last decision after getting hired on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2011.

Interview

This is your typical insurance pitch and scam. What they really want is a stream of warm leads to funnel to the higher-ups so that they may continue to make money.
    Less than 5% of agents make a lasting, 6-figure income. They told me that it will take 3-4 years as per the program to make that income, but you pay all of your own expenses after 3 years, and that will eat up a minimum of 30K for space, assistant, etc.
      It was also a "Bait and Switch" between what they tell you on the phone and what happens when you get there. Their attitude is that if you get enough people in they will all listen to the canned presentation to be polite and some will buy in.
    There is a 36K "advance" in your first year, which you will spend working out of the corporate office. You will also have to pay it all back if you don't meet "production standards" they lay out.
       All expenses are your own. Space and an assistant will set you back 30k minimum, plus office equipment and marketing/advertising expenses. They show a "plan" to make six figures after 3-4 years, but take expenses out of that and there's not much left.
      You also need to pay for your own licensing course and get a license before they will pay you.

This could be a good opportunity for someone who has a relative already in the business that they can share an office with, or a young person just starting out.

They control you and what you sell. They can also take it all away if they so choose.
    They want you very badly, and it is obvious.

Interview Questions

• it was not hard at all for anyone that has interviewed. What drives you, etc.   1 Answer

I need 6 figures next week, not in 3-4 years.

Agency Producer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in June 2014.

Interview

Took about two weeks with a phone interview and two in person. The process was very easy and they didn't really have any difficult questions just wanted to get to know you personally.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in North Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (North Sacramento, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I sat down with owner of the agency and he asked me a few questions brief questions about my prior employment. He asked me when I could start. I told him today. He then offered me the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Livonia, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

In person interview with agent. It was very easy and he kept the interview at conversational. Referred to by employee and met with agent the next week. I would recommend a producer job to anyone that is looking for an opportunity to collect a pay check or gain experience.

Agent Interview

Interview

accepted as a reserve agent and entered program once I demonstrated abilities and passion for the career
    I went through extensive training and licensing before I graduated to become an agent

Interview Questions

• typical behavioral questions...what motivates you? what makes you a good candidate for this career?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

The initial interview was mostly selling me on the money that could be made. When I requested average earnings per agent, average tenure etc. they said they would provide but have not.