Farmers Insurance Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

1. Application
    2. Phone interview
    3. Assessments emailed to you
    4. In-person Interview
    5. Call with job offer

I applied online at the Farmers website on a Monday and got an email back about a phone interview less than a week later. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of speaking about the position, salary, start date, and etc. On that call, there was probably about 5-7 behavioral questions so just be ready for examples. Once you pass that, they will schedule an in-person interview and also send you out some assessments to complete. Pretty easy typing test (tho I type a lot at my current job) along with a personality assessment and quick test that basically just verifies that you can read text and follow directions.

The in-person interview started with about 4 of us waiting out in the lobby. They brought us back to a room and had us introduce ourselves and they went over the job that we were applying for while we were all in there. This is much different than what I have been use to but I really did like that since it gave us time to ask questions. After that, each of us were assigned to 2 people who were conducting the interview and then you were put in an office with them.

The interview was very laid back which I enjoyed. I talked about my current position and was asked behavioral questions. Again, it's super important to have these ready. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and then I was walked back to the front. I was told that I would hear something in a week. I was super nervous when I left because they didn't have me shadow anyone, but turns out I was worried for no reason. I got a call 3 days later stating that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

General background interview questions were asked. Past work experience and why I wanted to work here. What did i like about working at Farmers. They seemed very dull and straight forward over the phone interview which made me feel nervous and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Management was very approachable and easy to talk too. I felt I was having a conversation with one of my friends that was easy to follow. Although new to insurance when starting, I let him know that I'm a very self-driven person, who puts there mind to anything. He took a leap and I succeeded.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know the Insurance Industry? How many years have you been involved in Marketing.   1 Answer

Reserve District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Screening interview followed by face-to-face interview. I was called 1 hour before interview to see if I would be coming. Told person I would replace had not returned from leave. Never received any follow up contact about hiring decision outcome. I liked the hiring manager, but it seemed odd that there was such a lack of professionalism attached to position.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

What a hot mess. Recruiter contacts me for phone interview. No feedback or any updates until a month later... to schedule another phone interview because the same recruiter forgot that she already talked to me.

Decide to humor her and take the call again. She seems to realize we actually talked. Thinks that I talked to hiring managers already. I let her know she ghosted me and that I haven't talked to anyone.

She claims that she'll definitely pass my info along.

That was a month ago and I've had absolutely zero communication. Lol.

Recruiter had no answers for my questions either.

Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Olathe, KS).

Interview

BBI - Behavior Based Interview. The questions asked are all based on your behavior or actions in a situation dealing with a customer, conflict, supervisors and team members. Make sure that you have some examples prepared before the interview. Remember to focus on what your actions were and what the outcome was.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

As soon as the application processed a HR Contractor for Farmers emailed me back with in an hour to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted at the time and date specified in the response email. Phone interview was 25 minutes that consisted of general interview questions. The interviewer was very understanding of my current job duties and encouraging with typical interview questions.

Once the phone interview was complete, there was two behavioral questions asked to be responded by email and following the review of those questions was sent a date to have a group interview and job shadow a claims representative

If given a choice again to interview first or shadow, I would definately shadow first to get a feel for the type of procedures and software claims reps utilize. It also will demostrate the Heart database system and on how the activities are logged with dates set for cases. Very nice way to get an idea of what you'll do and a tiny bit of who you will work with as well as flow experience.
    The interview:
    A room of interviewers and interviewees along with trainers: ice breakers with the manager giving a talk about the company.. well prepared speech.

I enjoyed my experience as I was interviewed by the main manager and his dupervisor.

He was genuine and caring as well as approachable..at first I was nervous but I not8ced he was easy going unlike a previous interview I had at USAA

(note: apologies for unprofessionally speaking.. Farmers outshines USAA by a long way in hiring & interviewing practices which in my opinion speaks measures of the company for first impressions. Farmers also does not remind you of all the benefits privided like USAA spoons out in phone and physical interviewing.)

Additionally:
    I am selecting no offer because it is too early to know if selected. However the competion looks strong. Three sets of interviewing sessions and mine alone had 8 interviewees.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was inquiry/curiosity. name a time you made or developed something.. and how you planned it out.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • name a time you and your boss didn't agree on something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and then was told I would be speaking with the hiring manager. Spoke with the hiring manager and HR followed up with me saying the hiring was interested. Never heard back after following up a few times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here and how do you think you can contribute?   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Will be contacted if selected to move on to in person interview. 30 minute phone conversation regarding work history, goals, etc. Gave opportunity to ask any questions that I had regarsing the company or position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a positive and a negative experience that you solved in customer service.   1 Answer

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group (Vancouver, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Sat down with hiring manager and district manager. Went over resume and explained why I wanted to work there. After they explained how you got paid and their advancement structure

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about sales and making cold calls to produce sales?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel about a commission based salary?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Farmers Insurance Group in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Recruiter who knows nothing about adjusting. Unprofessional. Never asked what I did or licensing I have earned and maintained for 5 years in property/casualty. Beware the question, "i want to know you." Classic used car salesman tactic. He did not care but to act in own self interest. I withdrew my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• give me an example of great customer service.   1 Answer