simplehuman Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.8

BI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at simplehuman (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Short ~20 minute initial phone screening with HR representative regarding resume, followed by an on-site interview with HR and team lead about two weeks later regarding qualifications. Not much of a technical component, mainly consisted of behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at simplehuman (Torrance, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone call HR interview then brought in for a in person interview with the hiring manager. I should have left, but manger had me waiting for 25 minutes. Interview included questions about high school and undergrad work (approx 15 years+ ago).

Interview Questions

• What was your high school GPA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at simplehuman in December 2016.

Interview

Saw the job online and took the time to fill out the application, write cover letter, updated resume. Received a call back a few days later and spoke with someone from HR for the initial screening call. Conversation went well, was asked to send samples, so I took the time to send them. Weeks go by, and I do not hear from anyone.

I just find that extremely rude and indicative of how the company operates. If the candidate takes the time to apply and supply samples, the LEAST the company can do is have the common courtesy and professionalism to provide an update or response.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at simplehuman (Torrance, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The process lacked flow and the interview went from one person to another. I waited approximately 30 minutes for the interview to begin. The entire interview took approximately 2 hours. I was interviewed by 3 people. The questions were disected to a granular detail.

There was a lot of emphasis university ala mater.

The building was impressive and people were walking around after a yoga session.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the role of this position?   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at simplehuman (Torrance, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

It took two weeks.First I got call from some agency or consultant regarding position ,after that he presented my profile to simplehuman. Next week I got the call for onsite interview. Interview was easy.Not much technical.Manager was giving enough infromation about products.Few other employees asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about background ,previous jobs and projects
      Questions about Micro controllers and sensors.   Answer Question

Magento Developer Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at simplehuman (Torrance, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

You sit down with the supervisor and the HR Director, with a remote developer on conference call. A Chinese run company which sets up a smoke screen that they are diverse but only hires Chinese.

Interview Questions

• They are more interested in intelligence gathering: Finding how your other companies operate so they can try to duplicate, using only Chinese Employees.   1 Answer

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at simplehuman (Hawthorne, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Interview process consisted of 3 1:1 interviews lasting about 45 min each: HR, the engineering director, and lead engineer. The engineering director was kind, energetic and informative about the company. His questions were designed to measure your spontaneous creative thinking, by walking through a product (of your choosing) from concept, to describing how you would handle various design challenges.

There is an overall small-company/start-up feeling with the lack of decor and mismatching furniture. Did not get to tour the lab or assembly area where product development was taking place, so cannot comment on the work environment or lab equipment.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a wireless application to product or appliance that you would like to design here, giving a specific reason why you would choose a particular wireless technology.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between Gerber formats RS-274 and RS-274X?   1 Answer