thebigword Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.1

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at thebigword (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a wannabe HR representative that had a huge attitude and almost thought was God greatest gift to the world. Even after answering her questions pretty decently, she snarled and caught her almost huffing through the questions.

If I may give advice, please hire someone who is even interested in giving an interview. Remember HR is always the face of a company and truth be told, she doesn't have a very welcoming one.

I withdrew my resume from the candidacy and frankly didn't bother to send a a 'thank you letter"

Recruitment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at thebigword (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

They take you into a room and have an HR rep speak with you first. Then if you sound confident, they'll have some members of the team you'll work with come and ask you questions. It is not difficult to get the job. Most people get in based on references from people already working in the place, though it is not necessary.

Interview Questions

• How are your communication skills?   1 Answer

Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at thebigword (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

Was interviewed three times by this company. The first two interviews went well and they never called back even though they said I did well and I was supposed to speak to someone in the UK. Called several times and no response. Both interviews last more that a hour each. Two months later, I received another call to return for another interview. The telephone interview was cancelled on three occasions within minutes of each call. Finally, they ask me to come in... the interview was conducted by the same person whom, I had spoken to on the first two occasions. Again, they never called back or followed up. This company has no clue on the hiring process. The HR and people doing the hiring are very unprofessional and are known for wasting applicants time. I would have rather preferred a rejection on the first interview than ask to travel 3 times for nothing. I should have know better.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at thebigword in April 2014.

Interview

They contacted me via email. I've never been to their office. They send me a contract right away. I signed it because at the time their rates were slightly higher than those of other companies.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. I got an impression they needed me much more than I needed them   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They said they have a flat rate for all interpreters of the languages I work in

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at thebigword in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the HR generalist to do introductory screening and schedule an interview. The screening was pretty standard and the interview was scheduled via Skype for the following week. I did not receive a confirmation email and on the day of the interview the interviewer was a no show. I called HR with no reply for some hours; I did receive a call some time later - apparently there was an emergency where the interviewer got stuck and hence couldn't make the call. They rescheduled for the following week again and this time there were technical issues.
    The interview itself was pretty standard and half way through it I realized the interviewer was either checking her emails or messaging someone. Later someone else walked in to the room and joined the interview to make it a 'panel' interview of sort.
    The whole experience came across as a little on the unprofessional side.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at thebigword (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a formal application, an email correspondance in which I was asked for my CV, etc., a phone interview, and an in person interview. The interview itself was casual and I was not asked any overly difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you offer this company? What do you hope to learn from this internship?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an unpaid internship

CCR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at thebigword (New York, NY).

Interview

only one interview for the whole process. no upper management interview and you will never meet with HR until after hired.

Negotiation

not much negotiable, everything was already set in stone it was more a leave or take.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at thebigword (New York, NY).

Interview

Meet with H.R. Representative and then a few weeks later met with CCO and EVP.

Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at thebigword (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I had one interview with the lady who's in charge of the New York branch. Since the office is inside the NYSE, she requested to meet with me at a Starbucks nearby the building. It was more like an introduction of company and what I'll be doing than a formal interview. I got to ask a lot of questions and she was happy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Not much... I believe she asked about my previous translation experiences and that was about it.   Answer Question

Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at thebigword (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

None - my resume was found on a professional website

No skills test either

Interview Questions

• none were asked - only what my availability was. This should have been a major RED FLAG!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for the prefessional rate of $40.00/hour as the profession dictates. I was asked if I would accept $30.00/hr as their client's budgets can't pay $40.00 (b/x because, thebigword has a profit margin to meet - to pay for that EXPENSIVE OFFICE on Wall Street!!!)