Mission: To provide solutions for the technology needs of our clients while maintaining the level of efficient, friendly, and trustworthy service that is the foundation of our methodology.
I have been working at Method Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)
- They care about you as people. I really can't stress that enough. Since being here I've lost family members, bought a place, got engaged - all of which means time off work and a disruption of my schedule - but I've felt supported by management the whole time.
- Opportunity for advancement - they pretty much lay out what you need to do to get advancements if you're a tech and what the salary expectations are. For admins it's less cut and dry, but that means more flexibility in carving a new position out for yourself. The position I hold didn't even exist when I started out - it's sort of cool to feel like you can help shape where you go with the company.
- Good benefits and work perks. They try hard to make it a fun place to work. Lots of free lunches, kitchen always stocked with snacks, events like paintballing or kayaking on the weekends.
- Compensation is good. At one point I thought I should be making more based on how my duties had changed, so I asked for a raise - and I got it. I don't understand people who have issues with their compensation but say nothing. Be willing to ask for what you think you deserve.
- Stressful sometimes. It's still a small business, so plenty of people end up wearing a lot of different hats.
- Due to how many different kinds of tasks people handle, it's often unclear who is handling what now. That can make it hard when you know you need to escalate an issue, etc.
- Some days can get crazy busy - but I think this is probably true of most MSPs
Advice to Management
Slow down a bit, focus on educating people on new policies and procedures, and consistently practice what you preach
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Method Technologies (Cypress, CA).
Was told a second interview would be set up (even before submitting answers to the programming test), and it ended up being the next day with a panel of three people. The second interview was very friendly and colloquial, more about getting to know the company culture and applicant. Got offered the position the same day.
Talked to/was introduced to a lot of friendly people who worked at the company throughout the entire interview process - this was reassuring and confirmed that it was a good work environment and had a great team of people.