360i Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
360i CEO Sarah Hofstetter
Sarah Hofstetter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free bagels every other Friday and beer on tap (in 15 reviews)

• Work life balance: very, VERY rarely am I at work past 6 PM (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Some accounts do not allow for much work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

• some teams are understaffed and the assistants tend to work long hours (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"360i"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As someone who was super new to the field/industry, my team was extremely supportive, transparent, and helpful into helping me transition into my role. All questions were welcomed, the entire learning process was engaging, and I really felt like I was apart of a team.

The free bagels, cold brew on tap, and great work-life balance are undoubtedly amazing perks but the culture here tops it off - being surrounded by positive, creative, and passionate people who are dedicated to what they do make 360i an awesome environment to walk into everyday.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons to write.

"Director"

I have been working at 360i full-time

Pros

Some of the smartest, kindest and most innovative people I've ever worked with and some cool clients to match. New perks- birthday's off, Christmas-NYE off, more enhanced PTO, 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years, bagel Friday's, great training curriculum for managers, team off-sites, company swag and client perks.

Cons

2017 has been a tough year for our industry with clients spending less and or cutting budgets but I think we're pivoting in the right direction and certainly ahead of other companies in our field. I left another agency to come to 360i after going through 4 rounds of lay-offs and hiring freezes etc. and the fact that we are currently still hiring and giving raises and bonuses is a big plus in my eyes.

"Company is fine, but run by mediocrity and fear"

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

nice open office, creative environment, interesting work, amazing Dean

Cons

This company suffers from what's been going on for years in the industry, promotions and leveling up the wrong people which leads to mediocrity in middle management and at the top. There are amazing people here who are quashed by the mediocrity at the top who can't see a smart person or someone with potential even if it's staring right at them. The way that management feels scared trickles down to everyone and good efforts and smart people are gaslighted. To much middle management in the way where there are layers of mid 20's managers managing other mid 20's people. Too hierarchical and mediocre people become obsessed with having power vs. good work and good people.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, stop running the company with your fears, try to become a meritocracy, conduct diversity training, hire smarter more intellectual people especially in middle and upper management

4. "Worst Agency I've Ever Worked For"

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

This may be the only agency that I can't think of a Pro

Cons

After the VP left, the Director was asked if they wanted the role. The Director blatantly states, "Why? I already make too much money to not take on additional responsibilities." Pretty much sums it all up.

Advice to Management

Overhaul the LA office management team. They're on a downward spiral to nowhere.

"Client Finance Analyst"

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

Flexibility, based on your manager.

Cons

No room for growth within Finance. They have been hiring from the outside for manager and up roles, rather than grooming and elevating existing talent.

Advice to Management

Start treating employees with respect. Promote from within, and groom your employees to be better at what they do.

6. "LA Review"

I have been working at 360i full-time

Pros

Friendly people
    Beautiful office
    Great bonus and promotion opportunities once a year

Cons

Not enough production opportunities in the LA office. Unfortunately, they recently shut down the entire LA creative office.

7. "Digital Media Planner"

Pros

Great work environment and fantastic training provided for a successful start to your career

Cons

Compensation. Despite worker longer and harder, the compensation remained the same.

8. "Where Good Work Comes to Stagnate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is commensurate with other agencies, with some pretty standard perks (coffee, beer, etc).

Cons

Total lack of transparency and communication, even to management. Rampant favoritism. No accountability for account team to help sell through work, resulting in significant waste of resources. There has been a mass exodus in the last year, but roles aren't being filled, which has completely shattered morale. The environment is shockingly poor without any real desire to improve. Teams are either working at about 40% or killing themselves on nights and weekends, with no middle ground.

Advice to Management

Real change won't come from starting a subpar content lab or chasing awards/ headlines. Take care of your talent.

"No Culture, Absent Leadership"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at 360i full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

360i puts out award winning work and is well respected in the industry. The media side of the Chicago office really has a great thing going and if you are considering a job on that side of the office I would recommend it.

Cons

Management looks out for themselves and plays favorites...all interactions are very "transactional" (aka only when they need something). They are lacking a human element and it is reflected in the complete void of culture on the brand/creative side (vs. media); It is essentially a call center of account people that are on the phone with teams in NYC/LA all day. I would also say titles are "deflated" and that R&Rs would be a level up at other agencies.

Advice to Management

Show a human side and invest in corporate culture.

"Media Manager - Sr Media Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, other than the name associated. Very specialized roles and no cross team collaboration. Managers are not supportive and only look out for him/herself.

Cons

Dishonesty in upper management and managers. Overall poor quality of work. Poor work life balance and transparency. Heavy politics in management.