360i Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 22, 2019

3.4
Jared Belsky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free bagels every other Friday and beer on tap" (in 17 reviews)

• "Work-life balance seems achievable here" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is sometimes not a great work/life balance" (in 13 reviews)

• "The usual agency problems: long hours, everything is urgent" (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Wouldn't trade my time at 360i for anything"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

Really enjoyed by time at 360i, and worked there for number of years. Learned more there in my first year than i did in my three years prior to joining the agency. You will be given ample opportunity to succeed if you are willing to work hard. Family type atmosphere and your fellow employees are willing to help even if it means extra work for them.

Cons

To be honest, if you are not willing to work hard this may not be the place for you. I recommend 360i to people who are self driven and willing to work their butts off to move their clients business forward. Don’t assume you will get promoted just for sitting in your job, doing the same thing day after day. If you are willing to do that you will succeed.

Feb 15, 2019 – Chief Talent Officer

We read every review and appreciate the feedback. I’m so glad you had the opportunity to gain valuable experience here. We’re working to continue to foster a high-performance culture – one that... More

2. "Best benefits I've had at any company"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Unlimited PTO
    *4 months paid parental leave for moms & dads
    *401k match
    *cool/fun client perks
    *lots of free food including bagel Friday's
    *supportive environment for parents- it's not uncommon to see kids in the office and we had a blast last year at "Take your child to work day"
    *Diversity & Inclusion events- office-wide Round table and panel discussions

Cons

In the NY office, we used to put a lot more emphasis on culture initiatives and I think it took a backseat last year but am starting to see it pick-back up

Advice to Management

keep improving and finding ways to reward your people

3. "Not sure how it is now"

Former Employee - Creative
    Former Employee - Creative

I worked at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open environment, feels like you can collaborate

Cons

Hours, Management, Lack of creativity

"Upsetting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Playa Vista, CA

I worked at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros to this company

Cons

I have worked at multiple agencies in media from start up to big agencies, 360i LA is the WORST agency I have ever worked for. Every inch of this place is tainted with lies from upper management (from the director level and up), horrible work/life balance and a terrible client. The client is extremely demanding and demeaning to the point that the whole industry knows about this client and how horrible they are. They will talk to the agency, as if they are stupid yet, they expect us to make lemonade out of lemons when it is not possible! Up to 5 minutes before launch, they will change the creative and demand that there are no mistakes with the publisher and that the screenshots are perfect. If we received creative two days before launch, that was blessing. Regarding the agency, there is clear favoritism because there have been clear complaints about from everyone at the agency about individuals, where HR will not reprimand or formally write them up – processes like that are literally a negligence to the office’s culture and encourages the mindset that anyone with a higher title can talk down to every single person under them. Also with upper management, they talk about everyone behind their backs. So, you cannot go to them with any of your problems because they will play the victim, pretend to literally cry with crocodile tears then immediately switch and act like you are the issue. Some of the employees are really working there because they used to work for the client so, they feel as if they can walk around 360i LA like they own the place but this mindset is changing everything for the actual worse because there is no clear support for anyone. The HR in LA is awful, they were brought from the headquarters but fail to realize that the problems in the HQ are not the same as what is occurring in the LA office, so please stop treating it like it is! There have been multiple emails sent and meetings that have been set up with HR to discuss issues about upper management and office culture but the solution is that the employees are promised that everything will get better and to stick it out but absolutely nothing is done for the employees at all besides berating them that they do not want to be here. There is a, “if you don’t like this office then leave to go somewhere else” attitude, which is not conducive to positive office morale. People have been thrown under the bus to the client and blamed for things that did not go right with the campaign. Things have gotten so bad that there aren’t certain activation teams anymore because they all quit.
    If you are thinking about applying or accepting a job in the LA office, don’t do it and run away FAST. You will have a horrible experience and work/life balance. It is a toxic office environment and this is not how a normal agency works. God forbid you need to leave on time for a pre-planned event, you will be chastised... Your hours are from 9-6, do not let them feel like you are inadequate for leaving on time. If you take advantage of the unlimited vacation (which they only have so they do not have to pay you out for vacation days), make sure you have everything on email – I was told that I could take a day off then the day before that day, I was told that they never said that I could take that day off but good thing that I had it on email to prove it was approved. Once you are in that office, everything you do will be judged – you cannot even take food from the lunch and learns that is sitting in the kitchen, if you are not in that lunch and learn… Make that make sense.
    If you choose to accept a job here, make sure that you have a paper trail for everything… they will try to turn your words against you.

5. "Associate Media manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn and grow

Cons

Cliquish atmosphere. Young employees can be VERY childish

"It's a little suspicious, isn't it?"

Former Employee - Media Manager
    Former Employee - Media Manager

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

Typical agency perks. Nice coworkers for the most part. Professional treatment by management. Strong benefits package.

Cons

Has anybody been wondering why after a flurry of very detailed 1-star reviews, there's always a similar flurry of pretty vague 5-star reviews? Just sayin...

Media teams are poorly trained and the reliance on proprietary tools and practices makes for a weak set of transferable skills. The narrow focus of most positions in the day-to-day means that this will only prepare you to work at another agency in pretty much the same capacity. Forget moving in house because the skill set needed is much broader and not simply silo'd to search, social, programmatic, etc. This, I suppose, is not a con if you never leave...but let's be real, most do eventually start looking around for better pay.

Diversity abounds as long as you're under 25 and thrive on happy hour culture.

Account managers and directors are grossly overpaid and underqualified, and I'd bet most have never even seen the interfaces of the ad platforms their teams manage. Media does all the work - account puts a bow on it, with a deck or whatever, and gets all the credit. Junior managers are glorified secretaries and the directors are not much better, yet earn the top pay grade on every account. When your team has no idea what you do all day, something's up - and speaking in high-level businessese, buzzworded jargon can only fool people for so long.

Advice to Management

"Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to"

And stop paying account so goddamn much!

Jan 15, 2019 – CEO

I’m sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience, I want employees at all levels and in all departments to be recognized appropriately for their contributions. I’d appreciate any specifics you... More

7. "Invigorating, Transparent, Positive Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership some of the best I've seen in my 15 year career. Constant push to innovate and improve the agency. Willing to invest in "start up" departments (voice, e-commerce). Genuine collaboration and camaraderie among staff. Fun, interesting clients makes for engaging work.

Cons

Many basic processes and procedures are still being defined and perfected; you'll have to be willing to "roll with it" and appreciate the larger picture.

Advice to Management

Play the long game - don't nickel and time in the short term at the expense of investing in growing capabilities. Looking ahead is what makes you great!

Jan 28, 2019 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here. We appreciate the feedback as we continue to make improvements to processes and workflow with an eye towards the future. Best, Jared

"Look at the bigger picture"

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO (though there is some reverse psychology at play in that you don't want to take too much time off, plus there is so much work you can't really take time)

Hard-workers: one thing for sure is that 360i employees work super hard and put in the hours to get stuff done

Bagel Fridays: legit good spread, like hundreds of bagels and spreads

Cons

The single biggest issue is that this agency spends way too much time working on a pitch for new biz but little to no time thinking about how the work will be done if they win the account. SOWs take forever and staffing plan scopes are so far off the mark that you wind up with way too few people doing way too much. Also, there is a tendency for bait-and-switch in that the people on the pitch won't be the ones working on the account and too often there is poor communication between two. What happens then is the people on the business have to deliver on work and/or promises they never made or were privy too and it immediately diminishes the chance for success.

Also, the office decor is super depressing, white walls, rows of desks with simple black monitors - for all the time people have to spend there you'd think they'd try to make it a welcome environment.

Advice to Management

Take the time to be a more thoughtful agency, in particular when it comes to if you are setting up your employees for success. By no means do I think anyone at 360i has bad intentions (save for a select few who work in Opps) but too often times you have senior level folks writing checks that lower level people will never be able to cash and clients will grow frustrated. It may sound like a crazy idea but maybe slow down on the new biz pitches and get the accounts you do have staffed properly to avoid burning people out.

Jan 15, 2019 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback, we read every review and take your input to heart. As excited as we are to be winning new business, I know how tough it can be nailing the initial... More

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Media Planner in Playa Vista, CA
    Former Employee - Media Planner in Playa Vista, CA

I worked at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great relationships with co workers
    Occasional team lunches where employees were acknowledged
    Opportunity to get into media

Cons

This was a bit of a relationship turned sour. Management does not really understand why the staff is so exhausted. The hours are insane and the pressure from the client only adds to the stress. If you happen to leave on time or earlier than other team members there is a sense of anger. Certain people that oversee teams do not know how to speak with respect to their teams and everyone has just gotten use to it. They will willingly throw people under the bus and are unable to see their own flaws. You have people of seniority demeaning other teams and pointing fingers at them if their drills aren't met. There is absolutely NO training and yet somehow there is a surprise when people are only doing the best they can with the tools that are provided to them. It's an office that talks the talk but just cannot walk the walk. They will feed you enough nice comments about how they believe in you until you end up on their bad side by expressing how you feel. It is truly disheartening and think they can make it better with the lunch and learns (which lord forbid you have some food if you weren't at the meeting) and beer on tap. It is unfortunate how they will keep people in positions of power at the cost of losing hard working people that really wanted to make it work and only needed support. Work life balance is non existent, while there is unlimited PTO they will make comments about you being out. This isn't the CEO's fault, this is an office problem.

Advice to Management

come off your soapbox.

Feb 15, 2019 – Chief Talent Officer

We appreciate your thorough review and are sorry to hear you had a negative experience in this particular office. As a company we believe in the importance of a positive office culture, L&D... More

10. "A true integrated agency focused on client solutions."

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

360i is definitely the most integrated and diverse agency I have seen; A cross-section of creative, strategy, social, search, tech, experience, design, production, voice ... you name it. Client's briefs can truly become anything.... I mean, how many agencies get "Innovation AOR" assignments?

Cons

The diversity of services can sometimes be hard to navigate, but if you are curious you'll probably see this as an opportunity ... plus, just ask around and you will always find a helping hand and most probably also some gem you never expected.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on delivering great work and fueling great ideas.