360i Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 16, 2019

3.3
Jared Belsky

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Free bagels every other Friday and beer on tap" (in 17 reviews)

• "Work-life balance seems achievable here" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "There is sometimes not a great work/life balance" (in 13 reviews)

• "The usual agency problems: long hours, everything is urgent" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Invigorating, Transparent, Positive Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership some of the best I've seen in my 15 year career. Constant push to innovate and improve the agency. Willing to invest in "start up" departments (voice, e-commerce). Genuine collaboration and camaraderie among staff. Fun, interesting clients makes for engaging work.

Cons

Many basic processes and procedures are still being defined and perfected; you'll have to be willing to "roll with it" and appreciate the larger picture.

Advice to Management

Play the long game - don't nickel and time in the short term at the expense of investing in growing capabilities. Looking ahead is what makes you great!

2. "A true integrated agency focused on client solutions."

Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

360i is definitely the most integrated and diverse agency I have seen; A cross-section of creative, strategy, social, search, tech, experience, design, production, voice ... you name it. Client's briefs can truly become anything.... I mean, how many agencies get "Innovation AOR" assignments?

Cons

The diversity of services can sometimes be hard to navigate, but if you are curious you'll probably see this as an opportunity ... plus, just ask around and you will always find a helping hand and most probably also some gem you never expected.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on delivering great work and fueling great ideas.

"It’s different and great so far!"

Current Employee - Senior Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I’ve been at 360i for about 90 days and can see what’s different
    1. There are no sub-agencies or groups fighting over revenue (like at other large agencies) which means clients truly come first.
    2. A brief can become anything which allows for creative or media or whatever to answer the challenge.
    3. Strong executive team (most either new or in new roles) that is starting to push the agency forward.
    4. Strong data, performance people that are really talented and just awesome to be with

Cons

The agency might be little ahead of the market. With strong media and strong creative, not many clients at large scale are ready to have a single agency do both. It will come.

Advice to Management

Keep being honest. Really make sure we own capitalizing on change.

4. "Great to start, but not to stay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at 360i full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, younger crowd that can make the experience more enjoyable at times

Cons

Lack of knowledgeable leadership, political, low pay

Advice to Management

Don't let your most valuable players leave. Talent brings in talent.

"Look at the bigger picture"

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO (though there is some reverse psychology at play in that you don't want to take too much time off, plus there is so much work you can't really take time)

Hard-workers: one thing for sure is that 360i employees work super hard and put in the hours to get stuff done

Bagel Fridays: legit good spread, like hundreds of bagels and spreads

Cons

The single biggest issue is that this agency spends way too much time working on a pitch for new biz but little to no time thinking about how the work will be done if they win the account. SOWs take forever and staffing plan scopes are so far off the mark that you wind up with way too few people doing way too much. Also, there is a tendency for bait-and-switch in that the people on the pitch won't be the ones working on the account and too often there is poor communication between two. What happens then is the people on the business have to deliver on work and/or promises they never made or were privy too and it immediately diminishes the chance for success.

Also, the office decor is super depressing, white walls, rows of desks with simple black monitors - for all the time people have to spend there you'd think they'd try to make it a welcome environment.

Advice to Management

Take the time to be a more thoughtful agency, in particular when it comes to if you are setting up your employees for success. By no means do I think anyone at 360i has bad intentions (save for a select few who work in Opps) but too often times you have senior level folks writing checks that lower level people will never be able to cash and clients will grow frustrated. It may sound like a crazy idea but maybe slow down on the new biz pitches and get the accounts you do have staffed properly to avoid burning people out.

360i Response

Jan 15, 2019 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback, we read every review and take your input to heart. As excited as we are to be winning new business, I know how tough it can be nailing the initial... More

"It's a little suspicious, isn't it?"

Former Employee - Media Manager
    Former Employee - Media Manager

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

Typical agency perks. Nice coworkers for the most part. Professional treatment by management. Strong benefits package.

Cons

Has anybody been wondering why after a flurry of very detailed 1-star reviews, there's always a similar flurry of pretty vague 5-star reviews? Just sayin...

Media teams are poorly trained and the reliance on proprietary tools and practices makes for a weak set of transferable skills. The narrow focus of most positions in the day-to-day means that this will only prepare you to work at another agency in pretty much the same capacity. Forget moving in house because the skill set needed is much broader and not simply silo'd to search, social, programmatic, etc. This, I suppose, is not a con if you never leave...but let's be real, most do eventually start looking around for better pay.

Diversity abounds as long as you're under 25 and thrive on happy hour culture.

Account managers and directors are grossly overpaid and underqualified, and I'd bet most have never even seen the interfaces of the ad platforms their teams manage. Media does all the work - account puts a bow on it, with a deck or whatever, and gets all the credit. Junior managers are glorified secretaries and the directors are not much better, yet earn the top pay grade on every account. When your team has no idea what you do all day, something's up - and speaking in high-level businessese, buzzworded jargon can only fool people for so long.

Advice to Management

"Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to"

And stop paying account so goddamn much!

360i Response

Jan 15, 2019 – CEO

I’m sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience, I want employees at all levels and in all departments to be recognized appropriately for their contributions. I’d appreciate any specifics you... More

7. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, super friendly employees and untapped growth opportunities

Cons

Long work hours depending on your account

Advice to Management

Set realistic expectations for promotions and share with employees

"Spin is not enough to win"

Current Employee - Creative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly groups can be found at happy hours and late at night.

Cons

Management never stops spinning reality into fakery. We pitch on everything because we are desperate. Once we win even a small piece of something we claim major victory because management can't be seen as failing. The top leaders act aligned in public but are totally not on the same page in private. No one at management level is experienced in running an agency. We take business on that we can't afford to staff and then we run people into the ground without producing anything of value.

Advice to Management

Just because you are ambitious and want to succeed doesn't mean that you are capable. Just because you can get articles printed through your contacts at Ad Age doesn't mean that work or the news is impressive. Things are rough here so please level up and stop trying to distract us with empty talk and false puffery.

"Media agency trying to be creative"

I have been working at 360i full-time

Pros

Decent range of accounts, entertainment clients provide some decent creative opportunities here and there.

Cons

Small production budgets. Production department is a mess. Agency leadership pays lip service to striving to do good creative but doesn't do much to foster it. Account management does a lot to influence the work and little to sell it.

Advice to Management

Become a media agency

10. "Customer service"

I have been working at 360i full-time

Pros

I was enjoying myself so much

Cons

Nothing was really really bad