360i Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
360i CEO Sarah Hofstetter
Sarah Hofstetter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free bagels every other Friday and beer on tap (in 15 reviews)

• Work life balance: very, VERY rarely am I at work past 6 PM (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Some accounts do not allow for much work-life balance (in 10 reviews)

• some growing pains as expansion occurs (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"360i"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As someone who was super new to the field/industry, my team was extremely supportive, transparent, and helpful into helping me transition into my role. All questions were welcomed, the entire learning process was engaging, and I really felt like I was apart of a team.

The free bagels, cold brew on tap, and great work-life balance are undoubtedly amazing perks but the culture here tops it off - being surrounded by positive, creative, and passionate people who are dedicated to what they do make 360i an awesome environment to walk into everyday.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons to write.

2. "Art Director"

Former Employee - Art Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Art Director in New York, NY

I worked at 360i full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you push enough, you'll produce solid work. If you seek direction from your directors you will receive and grow as a creative accordingly.

Cons

The internal battle can be far more difficult than the client facing battle as a creative. Just keep fighting the good fight.

Advice to Management

Give the creatives the responsibility and face time with clients they've worked their butts off for and very much deserve. All departments should be presenting.

3. "A Really Great Place to Start Your Career"

Former Employee - Senior Media Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Media Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at 360i full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ The Junior Associate program helps recent college grads jump start their careers in digital marketing

+ Great learning opportunities upward mobility at the more junior levels

+ Great workplace culture and office amenities

+ Top tier clients with complex business challenges

Cons

- Tendency of management to rigidly silo talent to specific roles results in very little opportunities for horizontal mobility across disciplines and/or marketing channels

- Management as a whole suffers from a persistent tendency to avoid conflict, which results in (among other things) the retention of problematic employees who should not be retained and insufficient intervention when conflicts arise between employees

-Upward mobility is great as a junior level employee but it gets VERY crowded at the top, where career growth opportunities become stagnant

-Top performing talent is overworked to compensate for under performing talent

- Associate directors and above are notoriously bad at hiring entry level talent because more junior team members are typically left out of the interviewing and hiring decisions. This often leaves managers and supervisors stuck with sub par talent in crucial roles

Advice to Management

Be more open to mobility between marketing channels and disciplines, step up and fire people who aren't working rather than placing a burden on good employees by keeping them, stop with the corporate speak, and loop more junior people in on hiring decisions

"Everyone's Miserable"

Former Employee - Account Management in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Account Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at 360i full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You quickly bond with coworkers because you all spend so much time talking about how much you hate your jobs.

Cons

Self-serving agency with no understanding of its current relevance (read: lack thereof), strengths and weaknesses (specifically in management). You quickly learn there are two paths: The path to growth and promotion and the grunt work path. Hopefully your selected for the path of growth and promotion. Otherwise, don't bother signing your offer letter. Baristas and bartenders have a better career outlook.

Advice to Management

Managers have no management experience outside of 360i. There's also a major lack of diversity in the offices outside of NYC, which leaves 360i with another competitive disadvantage.

5. "Great Place to Get Yelled at Every Day"

I have been working at 360i full-time

Pros

Great people. Great account name. Great agency name.

Cons

No direction. No help. Great place to get yelled at every single day.

Advice to Management

Stop encouraging such a hostile environment.

"People hate working here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good location for interviewing at better places

Cons

People here are miserable and want to get out as soon as they get in. High turnover. Employees that have been here for years slow this place down and add a negative air to the office. People get tricked into working here and everyone acts shocked when they leave. Remove the old guard and get some fresh ideas in here.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and get new management

"struggles with being real and honest"

Current Employee - Account Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Management in New York, NY

I have been working at 360i full-time (More than a year)

Pros

staff is generally nice. no incredible jerks. but full of flunkies who say yes to the top management. its a total PR machine.

Cons

no vision. always spins the truth. management doesn't understand advertising or creative ideas. chase all the awards but don't know how to win them.

Advice to Management

you need to really support the creative department and stop tolerating weak managers. you need to be accountable and figure out how to get new business.

"Creative side is undergoing some changes"

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

-- You're gonna have a great time if you're on the right account. You're gonna have a bad time if you're not. I was lucky and ended up on the right account.

-- Beer / coffee / bagels every two weeks. Often times there's leftover food in the cafeteria.

-- HR is low key and this is reflected in the culture.

Cons

-- Pay is uncompetitive for content designers.

-- Favoritism rather than merit-based promotions. Lots of young creative directors who don't have the technical background necessary to be successful in the role. More technically oriented creatives are sidelined and end up taking direction from so-called "Art Directors" less qualified than themselves.

-- Leadership is media driven and doesn't understand the importance of a technically strong creative team. This is being worked on with the recent CCO swap and the addition of a content creation department, but they are playing catch-up now in the industry rather than leading it.

-- Scopes are often poorly written.

Advice to Management

Build a technically strong creative team. Rely less on Art Directors and shift your focus to Designers. Foster interdepartmental relationships and leverage the knowledge of all teams when writing scopes.

360i Response

Aug 11, 2017 – HR Director

Thanks for weighing in, we read every review and take this stuff to heart. While we’re also excited about the creative vision of our new Chief Creative Officer, we do wish you’d had a more positive... More

9. "A good place to work."

Pros

Great culture. Great clients and co-workers to work with.

Cons

Work can get very hectic at times.

"Same old agency politics"

I worked at 360i full-time

Pros

flex schedules, bonus structure, new office space, good client roster.

Cons

shady leadership practices, untrustworthy leadership. As they are growing, they are loosing the close-knit nature that I initially liked and there are politics at play in terms of favoritism.