3d Internet Reviews | Glassdoor

3d Internet Reviews

2.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Allan Doubinin

1. "Pattern of Fraudulent Behavior -- Specifically, accepting delivery of services but refusing to pay monies owed."

I worked at 3d Internet full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I can’t think of any Pros to share as the best people who ever worked for this (joke-of-a) company has left. But after a while, they all leave. -- Why? Because the lies & deceit eventually catches up to everyone.

Cons

Too many CONS to mention, but I'll try -- First, 1 word always seem to comes to mind when I think of Laurel & Hardy (founders), and that word is....."JACKYL's” / How else do you describe ppl who continually lie to everyone they meet? Enter into contracts with vendors, accept delivery of services and then refuse to pay? -- Plus, won’t pay expenses that were already approved by them?

Advice to Management

Do your own work and quit hiring ppl just too blatantly use them & then discard them once you've drained their skills, expertise & resources -- and then have the mitigating gall to take credit for their work and tell anyone & everyone who will listen that you two are the ones whom made things happen. In short, cease your predatory business behavior and start acting in good faith!

Finally, please note that the only thing you have in common with IBM is that you screw salespeople out of commissions.

"Horrible Lack of Intergrity"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

- They pay you part of your wage during a 3 month probation period. Then they invent reasons to terminate employment so they don't have to pay your full rate. Its been done to numerous people. Cheaper taxes.
    - There was two guys there that will act like your best pals. Until the owner tells them they need to screw you over to keep their jobs.. Classy management style.

Cons

- Just a horrid place to work.
    - Repeatedly lied to.
    - Management is known for not being trustworthy.
    - Strict work environment. You end up not wanting to be stuck in there.

Advice to Management

Playing people is why the company continues to limp along to this day.

3. "Great place to grow as a professional."

I worked at 3d Internet full-time

Pros

Extremely friendly co-workers.
    Smart programmers and talented 3D artist.
    Cutting edge technologies - 3D and Game engine.
    Great perspective to learn new things.
    Management always listens to workers.
    Free coffee, tea, sugar, cream.
    Don't push you to work like an animal, respects your time.

Cons

No windows.
    No bonuses.
    If you looking for titles, no hope here.

Advice to Management

I understand you are very busy, but please try to learn a little bit more about what your developers working on. They need your help and support on the management side.

"Only positive review is clearly self-written. Your career's dead end."

I worked at 3d Internet full-time

Pros

The employees that work there. I had met some of the smartest and most talented people in my career within that room. Most end-products are the culmination of pure talent.

They always did pay on time.

You are in and out at the precise minute of the hour.

Cons

Where to begin? Pirated software, camera monitoring system (they count the times you go to the washroom), extremely hot, and cramped workspace (no ventilation, children desks, and no talking), management have very little technical know-how, strict/timed breaks, fully locked down network, anxiety fuelled workday (they may lay you off in a blink of an eye), no bonuses, no credit, no client exposure. This list could seriously be endless.

Advice to Management

Shameful behaviour of writing your own positive review. You may think your operations run by the letter of the law, but I seriously challenge that.
    Learn when you have trustworthy and valuable employees and loosen your tight grip on them. You may see more profits and interest generated on your poorly reputed company. Good luck.

"Beware"

Former Employee - 3D Animator
    Former Employee - 3D Animator

I worked at 3d Internet full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There was a steady check.

Cons

The very worse place I have ever worked at.stole personal information from my phone and computer and shared that information on the floor to my distress.
    If I would have had the resources I would have sued.Please please please beware
    of what your getting into.

Advice to Management

Learn to be better human beings

"Avoid it."

Pros

Money gets paid on time.
    Free coffee, tea, sugar, cream.
    You can take naps.
    Indoor work, without windows.
    Free street parking.

Cons

Hires and fires on a whim and with no consideration. Few exceptions. No warning, no severance. No bonuses. People used to be escorted out.

No sick days, no possibility to recover lost hours.

No sense of humor.

Cheap furniture, kid's desks, will hurt your knees, 120$. No windows in the working space. Standard keyboard and mouse. Many 19" monitors still in use. Headphones if you're lucky. Bring your own !

Hires temporary foreign workers as cheap labor. Programmers are too expensive in Calgary.
    Good luck having a meaningful conversation with some coworkers there. English is really optional.
    Family business otherwise. Management upstairs, workers downstairs. Poor communication with management. Utter distrust of employees having contact with the clients. Any communication is mediated and filtered.

No possibility of career advancement, senior positions are filled, but one can always hope those get laid off. Salary raise ... random. I was given the run around for a month before getting to have a discussion about a raise. No performance reviews ever.

Complete disregard for the work process. They only care about when it's being done.

Not ever they said go home early! It's the the Stampede! it's Christmas, Hanukkah or whatever. Christmas lunch, when they have it, it's lunch break plus 1 or 2 hours, then you go back to work, on a Friday !

Mandatory statutory holidays are all you get, nothing more, nothing less.

Watch for shill reviews.

Advice to Management

Take a human resources course..

"Great place to learn and grow as a human being"

Former Employee - Graphics in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Graphics in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

Learned so much I can not even put it all into words, fast paced so time goes by very fast, owners and management are great and very busy, customers are super happy with company and staff, easy to get time off when I personally needed it, leading edge technology being created, always used the latest software as well as the inhouse created software which was excellent and amazing to use ,everyone for the most part worked as a team to get projects done and on time. Management pushed me to become a better graphics artist but also made me a better person. If they would hire me back I would go in a minute

Cons

Very fast paced work place, security very tight when working on special projects,expect people to show up on time for work, the office is very large that it is hard to talk with people all the time, expected to learn the custom inhouse software very quickly for my liking,can not copy things off of computers because security is too tight,management is very busy and do not have alot of time to just sit and talk with me about how my life is going.

Advice to Management

Slow down the pace and allow people to come in when they want. I should have been allowed to sleep in once in a while as artists we do not fit into the 9-5 routine like bankers do.

"A strict environment where little to no trust is given to the employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

They have the most up to date software to use.
    There are a variety of projects to work on.
    You're not limited to one field, there is opportunity to try different things.
    Overtime is paid.
    The employees are talented and professional.
    Team leaders are talented and fun to work with.

Cons

The bosses (owners) have no art or 3D background so they don't know how to handle/treat artists.
    Constantly under watch with no freedom during downtime.
    Strict break schedule.
    Majority of employees feel like just a number to generate profits and not artists.
    They hire and fire people with little to no regard for the people.
    No holidays given till AFTER 1 year.
    Extremely strict Internet. No email, no streaming music and not allowed to watch any sort of video during work time.
    Not allowed to take projects home.
    No trust given to the employees.
    Run like a corporate business and not like a studio for talented artists.
    Major disconnect between bosses and employees.
    It's always about what you can do for the company, and how you can make it better, but it's one way. No consideration for what could make the employees better.
    Cautious and uncomfortable work environment.
    Politics.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees like artists/people and not just revenue generators. You'll get a much more happy, and productive staff, when you can learn to trust them, and let them be artists, and not just and employee number seated at a desk.

10. "Great Team"

Current Employee - Graphics in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Graphics in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

State of the Art software
    Fast computers
    Render Farm
    Great people
    Happy customers
    Exciting projects
    The smartest programmers
    Very creative employees
    Everyone talks and shares
    Constant rasies if a person does good work
    Overtime is paid! Find a graphic job that pays overtime. If you don't want to do overtime, it is not forced.
    Bonuses are paid if customers are happy

Cons

No Internet on local machines due to security of customer projects. However Internet computers are available for all staff, just not connected to network.
    Customers timeframes are short and everyone needs to know what they are doing to get the job done on time.
    Heavy production do to size of projects
    Music only available using ipods, no streaming through computers
    Computers are locked down due to security of projects

Advice to Management

thanks for the raise! Again!
    Thanks for getting rid of the guys who could not do the work because they lied on their resumes. More money for me!

"Revolving Door hiring is the motto at 3D internet. They hire people, and fire them within months."

Current Employee - 3D Modeler in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - 3D Modeler in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Pros

Render farm
    Good programs for 3D
    Good employees
    decent pay

Cons

hire and fire practices
    horrible management on projects
    Owners are clueless
    no music while working
    no internet while working
    un-motivational work environment

Advice to Management

To start to think of the longevity of the company and not the status presently. 3D Internet's management has to to be prepared to make some drastic changes if they are ever want to have faithful employees. These reviews say it all.