AEEC Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 5, 2017

3.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work for driven individuals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at AEEC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A great place for Type A personalities and people with the drive to put in extra hours and go the extra mile when required. Management acknowledges and rewards employees who go above and beyond.
    Management listens to employees - updating policies, benefits, etc. to better maintain work/life balance of employees.
    Performance awards and recognition, annual bonuses, and performance bonuses for employees.
    Variety of benefits.
    Great choice of medical plans.

Cons

Executive involvement can sometimes come across as micromanagement.
    You have to be willing to be flexible with your hours and work overtime when required. This is not a good company for people who aren't driven to succeed.
    Paid time off includes both vacation and sick time and, at 2 weeks to start, is below industry standard.

2. "Not a place to be for growth"

Former Employee - Records Analyst in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Records Analyst in Alexandria, VA

I worked at AEEC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bagel Tuesday, some social events, and generally the people you work with, not the managers or directors.

Cons

This place is a indian person's dream, indian owned so they flourish in this organization. Lack of vacation time, benefits and down right dirty antics to get over on employees. I wouldn't recommend at all. I saw more people come and go in a week of working there in my life, seemed to hire people every week for some project or another. Many quit or get fired for stupid reason that managers make up. Not a conducive work environment for people who are not indian.

Advice to Management

Get real, keep those who want to work working and those who don't, let go. Give a better pay package and decent benefits.

"As said before "Meat Market""

Former Employee - Anonymous in La Sal, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous in La Sal, UT

I worked at AEEC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work 60+ hrs a week, you might go somewhere.

Cons

They rate you based on the number of hours a week you work. Not performance, client relations, but your hours. Stay away if you want a life outside of work.

Advice to Management

Hire the people you need to do the work. Don't overwork your people, because it leads to burnout and negativity in the workplace. Provide more incentives and seriously provide real bonuses.

"Great place to start or change a career"

I worked at AEEC full-time

Pros

The team here was wonderful and full of talented and ambitious individuals. The projects that they work on are interesting and full of learning opportunities. The corner office types are great to work with and always have time to mentor less-experienced. There exists plenty of freedom to put your own touch on your work and grow where you want. Management understands work/life balance and allows plenty of schedule freedom. Pay was typical for the industry.

Cons

Not a great place to be later on in your career, it appeared that more experienced professionals (10+ years) were often without work and used only on an "as-needed" basis. Benefits were meager. Zero sick leave, little vacation (5-15 days), no overtime pay, and you WILL work overtime.

Advice to Management

In my time there I saw some great employees leave or not have enough work to justify keeping around. Land those big projects and do what you can to keep them. The talent and potential exists for AEEC to be a great company, but you've got to retain key staff. Rumors say better benefits could help.

"AEEC is a body shop. Don"

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Architect in Washington, DC

I worked at AEEC (Less than a year)

Pros

Location to client is excellent

Cons

Indian mafia atmosphere is oppressive and discouraging.

Advice to Management

Hire competent program mangers who don't put your consultants in no win situations.

"This is a good group to work with!"

I worked at AEEC full-time

Pros

AEEC is a solid company with good people, non-stressful atmosphere and where work-life balance is respected. They let you do your job and are there to help when you need them.

Cons

I don't really recall any down side to working for AEEC. Their dress code was not as casual as I would have liked but then, I'm a tshirt and jeans type of person.

"Working for this firm gives you many opportunities to try new things."

I have been working at AEEC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about working for AEEC is that you can control your destiny. You have many opportunities to step in and try new projects (some will try you) but eventually you get the hang of it. If you like to be tested and love opportunities to learn, this is the place for you.

Cons

One challenge is the lack of direct communication between senior leadership and the rest of us. We know what is needed, but sometimes aren't given specific instructions on how they want us to get there until after we begin.

Advice to Management

Listen, Lead, Plan, Share