AGSI Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing with AGSI Systems"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lovettsville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lovettsville, VA

I have been working at AGSI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for AGSI Systems for three years and am continually learning new skills. It's a friendly place to work and has a family atmosphere. I look forward to going to work everyday!

Cons

We're located in an older building that we're rapidly outgrowing.

2. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Lovettsville, VA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Lovettsville, VA

I have been working at AGSI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Close tight knit family oriented company, opportunities to excel and grow

Cons

High stress at times during the busier months but that's to be expected in this line of work

3. "AGSI"

I worked at AGSI Systems full-time

Pros

local/small town.. traffic isnt bad

Cons

tough environment.. not alot of freedom

Advice to Management

would it really matter...

4. "Proceed with caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lovettsville, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lovettsville, VA

I worked at AGSI Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really are no pros to working here.

Cons

I only worked here for a couple of months. During my short career at AGSI, I noticed several odd things about this company.

First - This company is not owned by a Woman. This is completely against the law. Every contract they received says Woman Owned Small Business, but where is the woman owner? Unless the person I interviewed with and worked for decided to make a drastic change (which is not the case (that I know of)), this company is deceiving the government.

Second - The silence in this office is questionable. For a sales office, you would think sales would be made, but even the slightest peep between co-workers infuriates the boss.

Third - Please do not think you will be compensated for the work you do. This is a complete lie. These innocent people who work there are slaves and afraid of the boss. He belittles them, harassing them verbally. A movement should be started, "Women against horrible bosses." This one would be at the top of the list.

I could go on and on, but business like this should be shut down. Don't go near this place. For everyone that lives in Lovettsville, it might be the devil preaching he's a "Christian."

Advice to Management

Karma.

5. "1 Star Was Generous"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lovettsville, VA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Lovettsville, VA

I worked at AGSI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros. Can't think of one.

Cons

Where to start. The CEO is an ungrateful, paranoid, liar who breathes down your neck if you do anything more than sit in your chair and slave away. You get questioned for everything you do other than sitting at your desk. Employees can't even get up and use the bathroom without the CEO asking where you're going . Employees can't talk to one another unless it's hi or good morning. Very unprofessional business owner. Constantly making slurs and jokes at people making them feel uncomfortable. He encourages his employees to lie when speaking with customer/clients. Sells black market products like Cisco, Juniper, Dell, HP, and more. He even had his Dell, Cisco and Juniper certs pulled and black listed. If employees leave at their scheduled time, the CEO will put you on the spot in front of everyone and tell you how you're not a team player or that you let the company down. The CEO over works the staff with no compensation. 10 hour days are almost expected if not demanded. I could go on and on but I think you get the point.

Advice to Management

Shut down already before you put your employees through a federal investigation. Your time is limited but it will come.

6. "Horrific"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Lovettsville, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lovettsville, VA

I worked at AGSI Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay was decent. That's it.

Cons

Whoever is on here saying this is a great place to work is obviously the VP/CEO, or someone he told to write a good review. The manager is an outright bully, consistently using profanity and inappropriate jokes. He's like an un-funny Michael Scott. Emotional terrorism is an understatement. If you don't do exactly as he says, you will be verbally and sometimes physically accosted. During my time with the company, I was told (not asked) to do highly illegal and questionable things. Selling counterfeit CISCO is just the tip of the iceberg. This place needs to be shut down immediately. Absolutely no work/life balance. Be prepared to work 12 to 13 hour days and not be able to take a lunch break, let alone fill up a water bottle without being asked where you're going.

Advice to Management

Hang it up. You've made your millions while paying your employees squat, even those who get "a percentage of the company revenue" Go retire someplace quiet, because we all know you'll be the loudest mouth there.

7. "Worst Job Ever"

I worked at AGSI Systems full-time

Pros

It was next to Lovettsville Pizza

Cons

Despite the many red flags going in such as: inappropriate and illegal interview questions and asking my references illegal questions I still went with it. Lets just say, I should have stuck with my gut. My short time at AGSI was filled with office bullying everyone is constantly talking badly about others trying to bring everyone down. The owner just adds to the fire. The owner/boss runs his employees like slaves for little money. I was offered more than I actually got paid. And worked more hours than I actually was contacted to. Leaving and taking an actual lunch was unheard of. You had to get permission from the boss or on of his head minions to leave for the day-sometimes they wouldn't let you leave until 8 or 9 at night. The sexism, favoritism, hints of sexual harassment, being underpaid and overworked finally became too much. I cannot use them on my resume as once an employee leaves all they do is talk about them for months about how terrible they were-knowing I'd get an awful recommendation for nothing.

Advice to Management

Quit. Before being under investigation for all of the illegal stuff that goes on there.

8. "I have been working at AGSI Systems just over 1 year full time."

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Lovettsville, VA
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Lovettsville, VA

I have been working at AGSI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With a relaxed atmosphere, a team working environment and a local compute. This is a great place to work.

Cons

There are little cons., but Training and Policy and Procedures could improve.

Advice to Management

Keep up the team spirit.

9. "Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA

I worked at AGSI Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Generally a great place to work, great team spirit in lovely office and relaxed environment where team working is an important value to be considered

Cons

Poor pay, Career progression is very poor except you have a PhD, the office is quite small and not very well comunicated

10. "Consulting"

Current Employee - Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AGSI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Current frameworks on all modalities. Insights into all client delivery and assets. Hands on approach to delivery. Black and white delivery approach.

Cons

Black and white delivery approach. Most enterprises are not. Little thinking outside the box. Deliverables need work always redefine the wheel approach.