AGSI Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing with AGSI Systems"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lovettsville, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lovettsville, VA

I have been working at AGSI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for AGSI Systems for three years and am continually learning new skills. It's a friendly place to work and has a family atmosphere. I look forward to going to work everyday!

Cons

We're located in an older building that we're rapidly outgrowing.

2. "1 Star Was Generous"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Lovettsville, VA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Lovettsville, VA

I worked at AGSI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros. Can't think of one.

Cons

Where to start. The CEO is an ungrateful, paranoid, liar who breathes down your neck if you do anything more than sit in your chair and slave away. You get questioned for everything you do other than sitting at your desk. Employees can't even get up and use the bathroom without the CEO asking where you're going . Employees can't talk to one another unless it's hi or good morning. Very unprofessional business owner. Constantly making slurs and jokes at people making them feel uncomfortable. He encourages his employees to lie when speaking with customer/clients. Sells black market products like Cisco, Juniper, Dell, HP, and more. He even had his Dell, Cisco and Juniper certs pulled and black listed. If employees leave at their scheduled time, the CEO will put you on the spot in front of everyone and tell you how you're not a team player or that you let the company down. The CEO over works the staff with no compensation. 10 hour days are almost expected if not demanded. I could go on and on but I think you get the point.

Advice to Management

Shut down already before you put your employees through a federal investigation. Your time is limited but it will come.

3. "Horrific"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Lovettsville, VA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lovettsville, VA

I worked at AGSI Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay was decent. That's it.

Cons

Whoever is on here saying this is a great place to work is obviously the VP/CEO, or someone he told to write a good review. The manager is an outright bully, consistently using profanity and inappropriate jokes. He's like an un-funny Michael Scott. Emotional terrorism is an understatement. If you don't do exactly as he says, you will be verbally and sometimes physically accosted. During my time with the company, I was told (not asked) to do highly illegal and questionable things. Selling counterfeit CISCO is just the tip of the iceberg. This place needs to be shut down immediately. Absolutely no work/life balance. Be prepared to work 12 to 13 hour days and not be able to take a lunch break, let alone fill up a water bottle without being asked where you're going.

Advice to Management

Hang it up. You've made your millions while paying your employees squat, even those who get "a percentage of the company revenue" Go retire someplace quiet, because we all know you'll be the loudest mouth there.

4. "Worst Job Ever"

I worked at AGSI Systems full-time

Pros

It was next to Lovettsville Pizza

Cons

Despite the many red flags going in such as: inappropriate and illegal interview questions and asking my references illegal questions I still went with it. Lets just say, I should have stuck with my gut. My short time at AGSI was filled with office bullying everyone is constantly talking badly about others trying to bring everyone down. The owner just adds to the fire. The owner/boss runs his employees like slaves for little money. I was offered more than I actually got paid. And worked more hours than I actually was contacted to. Leaving and taking an actual lunch was unheard of. You had to get permission from the boss or on of his head minions to leave for the day-sometimes they wouldn't let you leave until 8 or 9 at night. The sexism, favoritism, hints of sexual harassment, being underpaid and overworked finally became too much. I cannot use them on my resume as once an employee leaves all they do is talk about them for months about how terrible they were-knowing I'd get an awful recommendation for nothing.

Advice to Management

Quit. Before being under investigation for all of the illegal stuff that goes on there.

5. "I have been working at AGSI Systems just over 1 year full time."

Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Lovettsville, VA
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Lovettsville, VA

I have been working at AGSI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With a relaxed atmosphere, a team working environment and a local compute. This is a great place to work.

Cons

There are little cons., but Training and Policy and Procedures could improve.

Advice to Management

Keep up the team spirit.

6. "Intern"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Laguna Beach, CA

I worked at AGSI Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Generally a great place to work, great team spirit in lovely office and relaxed environment where team working is an important value to be considered

Cons

Poor pay, Career progression is very poor except you have a PhD, the office is quite small and not very well comunicated

7. "Consulting"

Current Employee - Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at AGSI Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Current frameworks on all modalities. Insights into all client delivery and assets. Hands on approach to delivery. Black and white delivery approach.

Cons

Black and white delivery approach. Most enterprises are not. Little thinking outside the box. Deliverables need work always redefine the wheel approach.

8. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Lovettsville, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Lovettsville, VA

Pros

The people there are great to work with. A very family oriented environment. The were very patient knowing I had very little computer skills and were willing to work with me to find my strengths. Unfortunately, I had to leave due to medical issues. I still keep in touch with the employees and have worked out a plan with the owner for my return.

Cons

AGSI has very little cons. What business does not have faults. I can say they do strive for perfection.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I'll be back soon!

"Terrible place to work"

Current Employee - Pit Worker (Contractor) in Lovettsville, VA
    Current Employee - Pit Worker (Contractor) in Lovettsville, VA

I have been working at AGSI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much to say thats positive unfortunately.

Cons

Dirty Environment. High Turnover. If you work here, you will have years of stress, intimidation, and sexism in your face every single day. Terrible place to work, terrible place to do business with. Sells counterfeit CISCO products and cheats staff out of money.

Advice to Management

Quit. Stop threatening employees like they are your slaves.

"High tension and stress"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lovettsville, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lovettsville, VA

I have been working at AGSI Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In a rural town and an easy commute for people living in the NOVA suburbs. Sufficient parking for 10-15 cars. Relaxed dress code.

Cons

Building hygiene is below par (HVAC filter is clogged with years of dust). We lost our 5 top sales people in 4 months. High turnover and high tension workplace. I cannot list this company on my resume and hear the owner constantly plotting against former employees and vendors (which creates fear and discomfort among employees).