ALLDATA Reviews

Updated Apr 23, 2021

4.1
ALLDATA President Satwinder Mangat
Satwinder Mangat
Pros
  • "The facility is nice, clean and well-kept, it’s a beautiful work environment(in 6 reviews)

• "The employees make this company a great place to work(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "ALLDATA Executives/ upper management never on the same page(in 10 reviews)

• "Hugely encumbered by parent company AutoZone(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great comp

Apr 23, 2021 - Data Scientist in Elk Grove, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun place to work and learn

Cons

Can be pretty difficult to get into leadership

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great People and Great Company with Awesome Benefits

Apr 14, 2021 - Lead Technical Editor III in Elk Grove, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and healthy workplace with a gym

Cons

There really was none when I worked there

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

GREAT!

Mar 29, 2021 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work - Life Balance Pay Benefits Co Workers Company gatherings

Cons

Industry Support structure Room for growth Knowledge of customers Marketing

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Cant ask for more

Apr 6, 2021 - Account Executive in Elk Grove, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership - they listen, allows for feedback and work with your recommendations to be competitive

Cons

No remote option - would like to see the ability to work remotely like most of the industry

5. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Inside sales

Jan 11, 2021 - Business Solutions Manager in Elk Grove, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the work, the people, the environment and the leadership!

Cons

Long commute - as it took me over an hour to get there at 4 am and sometimes 2 hours to return home depending upon when I left.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome Place, awesome people.

Aug 6, 2020 - Automotive Technician in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive work environment. Great co-workers.

Cons

Wish I had stayed there.

1 person found this review helpful

Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for your review and your contributions as a member of our Tech Assist team!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best job I've ever had

Dec 30, 2019 - Account Executive in Elk Grove, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been working at ALLDATA for 5 years now. I absolutely love it here, it’s by far the best job I’ve ever had. When I first got here it was honestly hard to believe how much everyone actually cares about each other, I’ve never seen a workplace like that. I’ve had managers ask my input and opinion on something and actually implement our good ideas/suggestions after our discussions. The facility is nice, clean and well-kept, it’s a beautiful work environment. There’s even free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and many other fancy beverages! There’s also a full gym facility onsite and a game room. I am incredibly grateful for this job!

Cons

There could be a better benefit plan

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for all you do for our Account Management team!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

No opportunity for growth

Aug 25, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to work on new technology. Friendly and good people.

Cons

Filled with favoritism. Takes years for a salary hike or promotion even if you are a stellar performer.

Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your 5 years of service with ALLDATA. It’s unfortunate that your opinion about promotion and advancement is not a positive one. ALLDATA is a mid-size technology company, but we’re certainly backed up by the resources of a top fortune company; AutoZone. Individuals are hired and advanced based solely on their leadership, communication, and organization skills and abilities and how they fit into the organization’s short and long term objectives. We wish you the best with your future endeavors and hope you found a new professional home that fits your skills better.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Creative + balanced work environment

Nov 8, 2019 - Senior CopyWriter in Elk Grove, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

What I love about working at ALLDATA is that I get to do what I do best – copywriting, editing, and other communications-related projects – in a supportive, energetic, creative environment. We have an amazing marketing team and company culture. I especially value the emphasis on balancing work and personal life. We have the solidarity of our parent company, AutoZone, backing us -- and yes, we get a discount! We work intensely, but you also see lots of people taking breaks and walking around outside the building. Another thing I’ve grown to appreciate and depend on is our online project management system, JIRA. It provides total transparency for our team’s priorities and helps us focus on the most urgent objectives in an AGILE environment. There are countless in-house training opportunities, too. Whether your Excel pivot tables need perfecting or you want to grow your management skills, there’s a class for that! And I’d be remiss if I didn’t include complimentary Noah’s bagels and cream cheese, plus donuts, every Friday!

Cons

We would all like the flexibility to work from home more often or a shorter workweek with longer days. For a software company, it's unfortunate that we don't have that culture.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

I’m incredibly grateful

Jan 17, 2020 - Tech Assist Manager in Elk Grove, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’m incredibly grateful for the opportunities I’ve been afforded over a span of 18 years while working in the Production, Marketing and Automotive Support departments. We experienced amazing growth as a company over those years and I’m so grateful to have been part of that. ALLDATA gave me the chance to stay in the industry that I love by providing a means to expand my professional career in numerous and exciting directions. The bottom line is, it’s the people who work at ALLDATA really make the company what it is… Fantastic!

Cons

Benefits and Vacation could be improved.

Corporate Recruiter

We are grateful for the 18 years you devoted to ALLDATA. We appreciate you highlighting our most valuable asset, our fantastic employees!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 108 Reviews