Accelera Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Chong (L.C.) Yi

"Great Company!"

I have been working at Accelera Solutions full-time

Pros

The culture at Accelera is like no other. You are truly treated like family and listened to. Great atmosphere, great people, great management. Love getting up and coming to work. I left and came back. The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Cons

The food competitions - I'm afraid I'm going to put on weight!!! HAHA

Advice to Management

Keep making the work environment a place where I want to be every day.

2. "Outstanding Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Terrific culture and great teamwork among Departments (Sales, Accounting, Engineering, PMO, HR, etc.) Exciting technologies. Extremely customer focused. Super smart engineers that are great to work with. Company is always looking for ways to enhance employee benefits. Owners are working super hard to grow the company and this hard work will pay off.

Cons

It really bothered me seeing a bunch of recent negative company reviews by a particular, disgruntled former employee and we all know who this is. Hopefully he will stop doing this because it's unfair. The real truth about the company needed to be said. The company is definitely headed in the right direction and us employees are excited about the future. We love working together and fun happy hours are happening more than ever!

Advice to Management

Great decision to bring in the new President / COO. He's very employee focused and it's sincere. He is always wanting to meet / visit our customers and makes himself available to employees 24/7. He's new but if continually given the freedom by owners to make decisions to grow the company, Accelera will flourish. I really think this will happen.

"Great company that took a turn for the worse, 2017"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have very good past performance and I hear the residency practice does very well. Focused on key technologies that they are good at and know.
    Nice looking main office that was recently redone. Coffee machine is great. Few of the people still left are great people.

Cons

The company is having an identity crisis not knowing if they want to continue as a Value add reseller, engineering services company, or try to transition to a System Integrator model. There is no plan to achieve either.
    Middle management, engineering, services, and the sales team have recently been gutted losing 17 people in three months time, first quarter of 2017. Not a great way to kick off the year, some days they would lose two people at a time.
    Upper management is new to sales and cant differentiate between commercial sales and federal sales, treating one like the other. The new COO has been a large flop as well, not able to take control to steer the company, point a way forward, or even stop the exodus of talent.
    Teams within the company work with each other like a game of thrones episode. They push responsibility off on each other doing the bare minimum requested from another team. this leads to confrontations that are rarely resolved responsibly. Deadlines pass, performance is poor, and finger pointing is rampant.
    New and old work flow problems reign as management struggles to shuffle people that havent left into new jobs for cover.

Advice to Management

Stop the infighting between the 4 owners before you lose the company entirely. You'll need to set aside the animosity and divorce each other without using a scorched earth policy that is just going to lose money, waste time, and lower the value of Accelera as a whole.
    The boat cant steer itself, someone needs to take control and they cant do that if they are engaged in battle with other owners.
    L.C. needs to admit his weaknesses in sales and take advice, get input from others. Talking to him is like talking to a television: there are speakers but no microphone. He thinks he knows it all, but the emperor wears no clothes. He can go on and on in rambling emails sent to the whole company or speeches to individuals in his office about how he will turn accelera from millions to billions of dollars in business next year, but no one has no clue what he is talking about and it shows.
    Steve W. needs to step up and get his hands dirty. At a large company upper management can rule from a high castle but smaller companies like Accelera that isnt the case. He will need to be hands on like Joe was or hire someone that can be. I would suggest taking a page from Carahsoft: move CxO level desks out of their offices and into the cubes with the rest of the workforce.

Accelera Solutions Response

Mar 14, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thanks for your feedback, as all feedback is welcome. The reality is that an ownership split occurred a few months ago and we are transitioning the company for long term growth. Our current and ... More

5. "Systems Engineer"

I have been working at Accelera Solutions full-time

Pros

Great Work Environment. The management always takes care of its employees. Great insurance benefits

Cons

401k benefits could be better.

Accelera Solutions Response

Mar 9, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are happy that you are enjoying your time with Accelera! Thanks to feedback like yours we have revamped our 401k program, which is now through a ... More

"Systems Engineer"

I have been working at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Room to grow, supportive management, great attitude towards training and schooling, flexible. They value their employees and accept input from all levels.

Cons

Typical small business cons, you need to be mindful of your spending and will likely wear a couple hats.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the employees and they'll continue to support you

"Fast Paced But Awesome"

I have been working at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The leadership of Accelera work to place their employees in positions that work to their strengths. They are eager to help you learn and will even pay for certifications that you get. Work from home days and liberal PTO policy helps prevent burnouts at work.

Cons

If you can't handle a fast paced environment then this might not be the place for you. Things can go from easy to hectic on a dime. But the team pulls together to find the problem and fix it ASAP.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing guys.

"One of the best environments ever"

I have been working at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There's so much positive to say about the Charleston office. Its the best environment I've ever worked in for team work, and for people caring about one another. The entire team and leadership drives this. Whenever something bad happens in a team members life, there's a card. There was a new baby a few weeks ago. Everyone wanted to pitch in for a gift card. Last week our director brought in a bunch of chick-fil-a biscuits and went around personally handing them out to everyone in the building. These are small things, but they are constantly happening. When a nerf gun fight breaks out, our leads, program manager and director pitch right in. I'm excited to go in every day, and we're growing a lot. I can't wait to see where we will be in a year.

Cons

As many others have said, no 401k match. Most places offer it. It would be nice to see it here too.

Advice to Management

Keep it up and don't get stuffy

"Best Places to Work in SC"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Pros

Accelera's Charleston office is a great place to work - great customers, friendly people, strong leaders, and new technology all make it enjoyable to come to work. People here work hard and are recognized for their efforts. Nerf wars are common too. Employees were surveyed and it was recognized in 2016 by the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce as one of the best places to work in SC.

Cons

401k Plan lacks a matching component.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

"Accelera is on the right track...Getting better all the time."

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Accelera Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Accelera is a great place to work...The atmosphere is healthy here and the backstabbing cut throat places of the past make you really appreciate the owners and management.

Cons

Not top-dollar pay, and no 401K match...But the quality of work life is very good.

Advice to Management

401K matching...

"Worse than thought"

Former Employee - Lead in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Lead in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Accelera Solutions full-time

Pros

The company used to be filled with great people who had great ideas. It was the place you worked if you thought you could change the world and the owners made you think you could. Loved it there at first and thought I had found a "forever home".

Cons

Management changes like the weather. People are brought in and moved out so fast that there is no way things can be established. Worse now are noticing the company is still asking and paying people to write positive reviews. It is sickening!! Not to mention that they are protesting Glassdoor to remove older reviews from former employees because they speak too much of the truth. I expect that this review will not last long as the owners will not like history being brought back up.
    When they won a SEWP contract, it was supposed to change the company, but it has done nothing. All of the good employees have left and the knowledge-base have vanished.

Advice to Management

Get back to being "for your people"!! Stop treating them like they are less than you because you write the paycheck. Get rid of the cliques!! Much less, don't participate in them. Make the staff feel good about what they do, and stop asking people to post reviews to try and make this place seem better than it is. People feel lied to when you do that. Go back to work from home!! You are a work from home company that has engineers coming into the office, that makes no sense!! Own your disgrace and apologize to current and past employees for your poor leadership.