AccessData Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
AccessData Chief Executive Officer Victor Limongelli
Victor Limongelli

Pros
  • A lot of great people and talent (in 9 reviews)

• Very independent work environment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Did not care much about employee, benefits is sub-par and upper management did not pay too much attention on enriching the employee (in 10 reviews)

• Worst senior management and tremendous turnover at all levels (in 5 reviews)

1. "Working at AccessData is Great!"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Houston, TX

I have been working at AccessData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AccessData genuinely cares about their customers and their employees.
    I was new to the forensic world so there was a learning curve for me, but Co-workers and managers have been helpful with product questions.
    Quarterly Business Reviews to help with market trends and product refresher discussions have been helpful.
    My manager is great. I have enjoyed working for all of my manager's here at AD. My manager is more than willing to help with my specific goals and will coach me when needed.
    The pay is good.
    I enjoy my co-workers
    We have fun!
    Good benefits
    Good work/life balance

Cons

No matching 401(k)
    There seemed to be a lot of change at first but that is slowing down a bit now.

2. "Training VP"

Pros

Excellent Environment, great friends, good pay

Cons

Instability, Long Hours, no 401 K match

"Great company and people - but a couple bad apples are trying to spoil the bunch!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

I worked at AccessData full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AccessData has a solid reputation as an industry leader in e-Discovery and digital forensics. Overall, the employees are passionate, committed and sincerely care about the company and their clients. Benefits are average but not minimal by any means.

Cons

Too many major changes in a short time has created an air of uneasiness and uncertainty with employees about what's next. One or two "old-school managers" who are not interested in developing their people, just looking good themselves has created a ripple effect that other good departments notice.

Advice to Management

Be on the lookout for under-qualified managers (age is not the factor) who project they're helping the situation, when they're actually the problem. You'll be able to distinguish who's who by observing managers developing and building their employees rather than pointing fingers and blaming their subordinates for poor performance when its actually inferior communication and management. Coach Bear Bryant said it best, “If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it."

Mar 6, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Your review of our organization is very much appreciated. Change is a constant in the business world, and our employees are to be commended for adapting to change that ultimately moves the company ... More

5. "Account Manager"

I worked at AccessData full-time

Pros

I enjoyed being an account manager at AccessData. It is similar to many other companies who call the position a territory account executive.

Cons

There was some restructuring that went on, but I believe the organization has stabilized and doing well.

6. "Inside Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Inside Sale Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sale Representative

I have been working at AccessData full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair Pay
    Open and friendly work environment
    Excellent leadership from management
    Travel opportunities
    Strong focus on teams
    Emphasis on improving yourself and your career

Cons

Honestly, I love it here! I feel respected and looked out for. My team is amazing and I love coming to work!

Jan 26, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us! We love that you love it here and that you have left this review to be shared with others. We'll keep working hard on behalf of all ... More

7. "Senior Software Engineer"

I worked at AccessData full-time

Pros

Get to work on cybersecurity things

Cons

The process, objectives are unclear and jumbled or every changing due to management.

Advice to Management

Learn to trust your directors, in 2013, there was no CTO. Maybe there is one now.

Jan 9, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for taking a moment to share your previous experience with AccessData. We continue to make strides with our Development and QA groups and recent releases are showing results of our efforts!

"Accountant"

I worked at AccessData full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Opportunity to gain understanding in many areas of the accounting process, people were wonderful to work with. A lot has changed since I was employed, including a new CEO.

Cons

Benefits were average, no incentive/performance recognition and there is not a lot of room for growth within the Company.

Advice to Management

Give more recognition to the Finance department for the work and the value that they had to Company.

Dec 20, 2016 – Human Resources Director

We hope you enjoyed your tenure with AccessData -- we appreciate your contributions over the years! Thanks for your advice regarding recognition. We do have several programs in place to recognize ... More

"Incremental Improvements Required"

Pros

Smart products and services, intelligent people doing the best they can. Most managers and directors are motivated and care for their respective teams.

Cons

Leadership needs major overhaul. Strategy planning at upper level doesn't jive with working teams.

Advice to Management

Get more involved with the team that are actually working with the clients. Listen to what is going on and pull your head out of weekly reports and quarterly QBRs.

Oct 12, 2016 – Human Resources Director

Your input is valuable! New leadership in play, along with a refocus on customer success are resulting in positive outcomes!

"Sales"

Pros

Exciting, fast-paced environment selling leading technology to the F500. Acceptable benefits with opportunities to create your own future success. A lot of great people and talent.

Cons

Historical executive-level decisions laid a foundation of company uncertainty. Technical field support was limited and stretched thin as well as other inter-company resources which hindered the sales process at times.

Advice to Management

This was a fine place to work and I would do it again. It's good to see the progress made over the past couple of years. Good luck!

Sep 12, 2016 – Human Resources Director

We appreciate your input and show of support. AccessData continues to make positive changes across the board, and we would not be where we are today without people such as yourself working to build ... More

"Changed Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AccessData full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the people. It was like family. The pay and benefits were great before things went downhill.

Cons

The direction they have moved in is very different from what legal clients wanted.

Advice to Management

Listen to people in the trenches regarding clients and pricing. They would have prevented a lot of the losses and downtrend.