AccessData Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
AccessData Chief Executive Officer Victor Limongelli
Victor Limongelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great people to work with, flexible with schedule (in 10 reviews)

• Open and friendly work environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Did not care much about employee, benefits is sub-par and upper management did not pay too much attention on enriching the employee (in 10 reviews)

• Worst senior management and tremendous turnover at all levels (in 6 reviews)

"A journey"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

I worked at AccessData full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at AccessData provided a unique experience to learn from some amazing people and grow at a very fast pace. Change was the only constant, pushing employees to shift directions and adapt. The company's financial health was more solid than most employees realized, but at the end of the day my` commute was too extreme so I had to look elsewhere. Overall, the experience was worthwhile.

Cons

My original manager was wonderful, but unfortunately he outgrew the company and when he left, his replacement did not know how to manage. He's gone now, but it took too long for senior management to acknowledge the issue.

Advice to Management

The financial numbers are more solid than employees realize, but the strategy needs to be more clearly and regularly communicated.

"Great experience and learned a ton"

I worked at AccessData full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked at access Data for about 8 years and I can tell you it is a great place to work. It is definitely a sink or swim kind of work environment. Also felt if you are willing to work hard you can move up quickly. In addition, the products are good and the market is really interesting.

Cons

If you don’t want to work hard this is not the best place for you. There is not a lot of structure so if you are looking for that would seriously consider going to a larger company.

"Poor Decision Making"

I worked at AccessData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- a good environment to make mistakes and learn from them without heavy consequences
    - flexible management (in regards to taking time off/working from home)

Cons

- management/executives are always changing with the direction of the company fairly uncertain
    - not focusing on proper products that will make the company successful, instead, uses limited resources on developing new products
    - executives set quotas arbitrarily and put unnecessary stress onto their employees to meet unrealistic expectations (and are generally unfair considering some territories have less potential than others to grow)

Advice to Management

Stop letting Tim wiggle his way into controlling the company and get competent upper management that understands the landscape, especially on the public sector side.

"sales"

I have been working at AccessData full-time

Pros

The work is really interesting. The company makes good products and the industry is really amazing. Before AD I worked at a general tech company. I like tech but I think forensics is one of the best verticals in it. Also I really like the new CEO. He is straight forward and easy to work with/for. Almost the exact opposite of the guy he replaced. The old CEO was very nice but definitely not straight forward. Finally I get the sense things really seem to be picking up the in the business. I only truly know the direct market I work in but in my market things are looking up for sure.

Cons

Lots of travel, lot of hard work and you must be a self starter. If you are looking for big company structure and direction you won't find it here.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work, I think it is working.

"Great People"

I worked at AccessData full-time

Pros

Great people to work with, flexible with schedule

Cons

Lacking manager direction and transparency

"Company Owner Is Messing Everything Up!"

Former Employee - Software Developer
    Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at AccessData full-time

Pros

- Good pay

- Good company culture (fun outings from time to time - movies, bowling, etc)

- Lots of good/talented people work for AccessData.

- The technology they're starting to use is cutting edge (Angular2/4, WebPack, Node.js, etc).

- There's opportunities as a developer to work on a pretty decent diversity of work and technologies (front end, back end, database, etc).

Cons

- Benefits are bad, and will get worse in 2018 when they get rid of their PPO plan and only offer HSA plans.

- The owner of the company, Tim, is NOT a developer, but he thinks he is. He insists on writing garbage code and forcing it into source control, and forcing it onto the customers (which is going to cause AccessData to lose customers and brand equity). Anyone who stands up to him (i.e. the CEO, the CIO, etc) gets fired, or demoted. NOT good! And this is NOT the first time he's done it. He did it several years ago and nearly destroyed the company. They kicked Tim out, and almost made a full recovery before he came back and started doing the same garbage again.

- The current CEO, Victor, is a coward "yes man" who is going along with Tim and all of his horrible ideas for fear of losing his job. He is worthless!

- The board of directors are spineless. They all complain about this guy, the garbage code he's writing, and the direction he's going (i.e. tanking the company), but none of them will stand up to him, or stop him.

Advice to Management

Get this clown out of the company by ANY means necessary, or find another job before the ship sinks.

Jun 12, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Having only been with the company a brief time, your perspective on our organization, our story and progress over the past 30 years is a bit short-sighted. Hopefully, you'll look in from time to... More

"On the Move"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

I have been working at AccessData full-time

Pros

Company is doing some great things both in technology and sales momntiom is kicking in. The executive team cares about people and starting to see improvements in benefits as the business is picking up. I enjoy working with my coworkers and have smart people without attitudes. Company is starting to create a great place to work.

Cons

smaller company so limited new hire roles

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing. Heading the right way

Apr 14, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Our employees do great things! Thank you for the show of support, in your words and in action. AccessData is working hard to build great product, provide super support to our clients and to our... More

"Account Exec"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

I worked at AccessData (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Advice to Management

N/A

Apr 10, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for that show of support -- we are working hard to continue to build a great place to work!

"Working at AccessData is Great!"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success in Houston, TX

I have been working at AccessData full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AccessData genuinely cares about their customers and their employees.
    I was new to the forensic world so there was a learning curve for me, but Co-workers and managers have been helpful with product questions.
    Quarterly Business Reviews to help with market trends and product refresher discussions have been helpful.
    My manager is great. I have enjoyed working for all of my manager's here at AD. My manager is more than willing to help with my specific goals and will coach me when needed.
    The pay is good.
    I enjoy my co-workers
    We have fun!
    Good benefits
    Good work/life balance

Cons

No matching 401(k)
    There seemed to be a lot of change at first but that is slowing down a bit now.

Mar 27, 2017 – Human Resources Director

Thank you for a great review! We are all working hard to ensure that we focus our resources on building on our employee's strengths and our core products in order to continue to bring to market the... More

10. "Training VP"

Pros

Excellent Environment, great friends, good pay

Cons

Instability, Long Hours, no 401 K match