Acronis Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Acronis CEO Serguei Beloussov
Serguei Beloussov

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Can meet good people within the company and amongst the clients (in 10 reviews)

• The company has Good products that have value and need for its customer base (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • To much Senior Management (there are almost more VPs than "workers") (in 8 reviews)

• s (lower pay, no 401K match, less vacation days, etc (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Lots of Career Growth Potential"

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of growth potential here at Acronis. It doesn't happen overnight, but many of those who continue to work hard and deliver results are given more responsibilities and opportunities.
    Each position has an individual contributor aspect (even at higher levels) which means you must be hands on and willing to do a lot of work yourself. Due to the size and nature of the company, most roles cover multiple areas of their department and business. This gives you more ownership of the work, career growth, and development. It also means you can see the impact of your work and know that you were the person who delivered (or helped) those results.
    Another plus is that Acronis is worldwide, which allows you to work with different people, cultures, and regions.
    In all, Acronis has given me so much over the last 3 + years - a career, a family, long lasting relationships, and unforgettable memories.

Cons

Acronis is not for everyone because it is a fast-paced environment with higher than average workloads and responsibilities. There also have been some changes in management that have caused a little turbulence throughout the years here. But if you can manage the changes, fast pace and heavy workload, Acronis will benefit you so much.
    The work can be challenging and stressful, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy :-)

Advice to Management

Keep doing the frequent Global All-Hands meetings with the CEO, like we have the past year or so. The transparency on the vision and strategy, to all levels of the organization keeps people motivated and unified.

Jun 28, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to send such detailed feedback! We really are happy to hear that Acronis has given you so much over the years. Although we agree that Acronis is not for everyone, we are... More

2. "Great company"

Current Employee - Maintenance Sales in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Sales in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been employed for 2 years and have been very happy here. I work in the Burlington office and enjoy the small company feel and the ability to work from home. I finally found a company that does not micromanage me in my role. Hard work is appreciated. They have done a lot of investing in taking care of their employees over the last year. I really enjoy the layed back culture and happy to hear that they will institute pay raises on a regular basis based on performance..

Cons

I miss the monthly lunches. :-)

May 23, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you are happy! Lunch comment noted.

3. "Good company"

I have been working at Acronis full-time

Pros

Passionate team, a lot of interesting projects to work on. A lot of opportunities to learn and grow. Feels like a startup.

Cons

Compensation might be higher, people are a. It overloaded on some projects.

May 23, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thanks! With passion, learning, exciting projects and products improved, compensation will only be a matter of time and product of good effort and results!

"Great product....but horrible data integrity."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has Good products that have value and need for its customer base. Constantly developing advancements and updates for its products that are beneficial to its customer base. Definitely in a great position vs its competition

Cons

The company provides No 401k match. Compensation is somewhat low or barely on par with industry. Horrible customer data, and data integrity with no plan or clear plan to improve. These data issues make it difficult for proper management on a customer and employee side

Advice to Management

Plan for proper management of business after initial sale. Help departments work together to accomplish a common goal

Apr 20, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thank you for sharing your opinion and appreciating Acronis products and service solutions. We take pride in our work and care about making Acronis a better place to work at.

We would encourage... More

"Marketing"

I have been working at Acronis full-time

Pros

Kitchen always stocked with goodies.

Cons

No value for hardwork. No value for human ethic.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. They are not only means to make you money. DO not use and throw them.

Apr 3, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thank you for posting this review. We appreciate the time and effort you took to share your feedback.

6. "Great Place to learn, grow and have impact"

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Acronis is in the midst the massive digital transformation movement. Here I get to experiment with new ideas on how to grow the business. Because we are a mid sized company, each person's decisions have a direct impact on the success of the company.

Cons

Acronis is in a fragmented and competitive market. It means that you have to always be alert and ready to respond. I love this environment but not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep challenging us to be our best.

7. "Good company, good product, good objectives"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional team, 99,99 worldwide infrastructure, modern technologies, good social pack.

Cons

Weak inter-team communication, no CICD infrastructure.

Advice to Management

Do what you do.

"Good products and employees, terrible leadership"

I worked at Acronis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great work/life balance, interesting products.

Cons

Nonsensical, ever-changing, egomaniacal leadership makes it difficult to focus on doing good work.

Advice to Management

Get organized, trust you hired the right people, let them do their jobs, and dial down the insanity.

"Do your research before joining the company."

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some great people that work for Acronis - when I first started working here I loved it. Everyone was so friendly, encouraging and helpful. I never had an issue approaching upper management for help or even to say hello. The company used to foster those kinds of relationships.

The software is also incredible. The product should be so easy to sell!

Cons

The CEO has spent way too much money on F1 marketing to keep up with other Russian software companies - and the employees are paying for it. The pay is below average salaries in the area. A handful of managers and VP level people have been let go and we no longer have company get-togethers to foster those "team building" relationships.

We don't have 401k matching and the mood in the Burlington office is much more somber, but at least we have formula 1 racing cars with brand new Playstations that no one plays.

Advice to Management

If the bulk of our market is in the US, how about we focus on the US and not to start sponsoring a racing team that has little to no following here in the US? Have more Friday afternoon get togethers for your employees.

If you are going to fire our managers, at least communicate with us and let us know the structure change. I don't necessarily think our CEO is fit to run the company and I think some of the execs aren't the right "fit".

This company was amazing when I started and I loved coming to the office every day. Now I'm concerned about job security.

"Marketing was made to post false positive reviews"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. Stay away, keep looking. You will eventually be replaced with a Russian or some inexperienced friend of CEO or other exec. Nice office space with some good food and drink

Cons

Too many to list, now way to be successful, No long term or short term strategy and constant blaming in marketing