Acronis Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Acronis CEO Serguei Beloussov
Serguei Beloussov

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Can meet good people within the company and amongst the clients (in 12 reviews)

• The company has Good products that have value and need for its customer base (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance sometimes lacking (in 5 reviews)

• To much Senior Management (there are almost more VPs than "workers") (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great potential and opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is at the period of an epic transformation, transitioning from traditional software distribution model to cloud services model. Management is not afraid of trying new things and making unusual moves to achieve fast growth. Great time for experiments and gaining new experience. Incredible opportunity to try something extraordinary.

Cons

Entrepreneurial culture of the company puts a lot of pressure on employees. Senior executives work 24/7 and demand the same from the employees. Not everyone can keep up with the rhythm. This is not a company for people who want to have a boring job – continual learning is required, agility and ability to implement new ideas is a must.

Advice to Management

Communicate values of the company to every employee more often. Host management meetings in different regions and involve employees in collaboration with corporate executives. Inspire people to try new things and achieve new results.

2. "Invaluable experience working globally"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with Acronis for almost 8 years and worked outside different offices located on three different continents. Our Acronis global Team is very diverse, we have 18 offices across the global, with varieties of cultures and nationalities. Understanding cultural differences helps overcome communication challenges at work. Currently, my team works across all time zones including Grater Boston Area, Munich, Moscow, Singapore, Tokyo, Sydney. As I am in a global role, I have to stay connected with my peers and be able to support their business needs. I value that global experience, as it provides me with understandings of how different markets operate.

The other great part is a technology side. We are early adopters of cutting-edge technologies. I am getting invaluable and sometimes unique experience that increases my tech skills. I am getting deep understanding in products and technologies we develop.

Last but not least, is a fun part. We try to keep our offices connected through our social media channels by sharing their team and individual pictures with hashtag #AcronisPeople on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. I am keen to know, what is a life looks like in our other offices. That is a fun part, but very important to keep global team connected.

Cons

Life-time balance sometimes is hard to active due to projects and different times zones.

Advice to Management

Keep doing global all-hands

Dec 6, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thank you for all the years you have dedicated to Acronis! We are so proud of all your growth and contributions you seem to have made throughout your 8+ years here. And we are very happy to see... More

"High Turnover-no surprise"

Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Staff Accountant in Burlington, MA

I worked at Acronis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High salaries and free coffee/snacks.

Cons

Horrible, horrible horrible. People are fired on a whim, the entire structure is unorganized.

Advice to Management

Blind leading the blind.

Nov 17, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and opinion. We are sorry to hear that your experience here at Acronis did not meet your expectations. We do recognize that we have a few growing... More

"Great tech, Abysmal execution"

I worked at Acronis full-time

Pros

Great tech, great people, good products.

Cons

Awful leadership, complete inability to execute. Should be 10x bigger than it is by now.

Advice to Management

Change.

Sep 11, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thank you for posting this message. We will use it to help improve and grow 10x more!

5. "Great company"

Current Employee - Maintenance Sales in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Maintenance Sales in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been employed for 2 years and have been very happy here. I work in the Burlington office and enjoy the small company feel and the ability to work from home. I finally found a company that does not micromanage me in my role. Hard work is appreciated. They have done a lot of investing in taking care of their employees over the last year. I really enjoy the layed back culture and happy to hear that they will institute pay raises on a regular basis based on performance..

Cons

I miss the monthly lunches. :-)

May 23, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you are happy! Lunch comment noted.

6. "Good company"

I have been working at Acronis full-time

Pros

Passionate team, a lot of interesting projects to work on. A lot of opportunities to learn and grow. Feels like a startup.

Cons

Compensation might be higher, people are a. It overloaded on some projects.

May 23, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thanks! With passion, learning, exciting projects and products improved, compensation will only be a matter of time and product of good effort and results!

"Great product....but horrible data integrity."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has Good products that have value and need for its customer base. Constantly developing advancements and updates for its products that are beneficial to its customer base. Definitely in a great position vs its competition

Cons

The company provides No 401k match. Compensation is somewhat low or barely on par with industry. Horrible customer data, and data integrity with no plan or clear plan to improve. These data issues make it difficult for proper management on a customer and employee side

Advice to Management

Plan for proper management of business after initial sale. Help departments work together to accomplish a common goal

Apr 20, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thank you for sharing your opinion and appreciating Acronis products and service solutions. We take pride in our work and care about making Acronis a better place to work at.

We would encourage... More

"Marketing"

I have been working at Acronis full-time

Pros

Kitchen always stocked with goodies.

Cons

No value for hardwork. No value for human ethic.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. They are not only means to make you money. DO not use and throw them.

Apr 3, 2017 – Global HR Team

Thank you for posting this review. We appreciate the time and effort you took to share your feedback.

9. "Great Place to learn, grow and have impact"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Acronis is in the midst the massive digital transformation movement. Here I get to experiment with new ideas on how to grow the business. Because we are a mid sized company, each person's decisions have a direct impact on the success of the company.

Cons

Acronis is in a fragmented and competitive market. It means that you have to always be alert and ready to respond. I love this environment but not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep challenging us to be our best.

10. "Good company, good product, good objectives"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acronis full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional team, 99,99 worldwide infrastructure, modern technologies, good social pack.

Cons

Weak inter-team communication, no CICD infrastructure.

Advice to Management

Do what you do.