Advanced Radiology Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Advanced Radiology Services President Brian Fedeson
Brian Fedeson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Advanced Radiology Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership in a very family-like, caring environment. Very supportive of work life balance. Company invests in technology and continuing education. I enjoy the variety in my role and the amount of autonomy I'm given to accomplish corporate goals.

Cons

If you're used to working in a larger healthcare institution (hospital) some of the benefits are not present as this is a private practice with fewer colleagues. Benefits like gym membership, coffee shop onsite, etc. are not available. However, the environment more than makes up for these.

Advice to Management

I'm part of the leadership team and feel my colleagues truly care about their teams. Continue to develop strategies to provide colleagues with opportunities for growth (be that formal or informal).

2. "Avoid this place"

I have been working at Advanced Radiology Services full-time

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours for full time worker, as required by law.

Cons

Poor work environment, never enough. Often feel like I am being set up to fail.

Advice to Management

Education will help them work through problems in a reasonable way. Most managers have little to no experience and destory offices.

3. "Growing Company Focused on Improving Employee Satisfaction"

Current Employee - Clinical Applications Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Clinical Applications Engineer in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Great atmosphere focused on continual improvement and increasing employee satisfaction. The company offers a lot of wellness benefits and social events to employees and their families throughout the year. I work on a team that is full of hard-working, dedicated people that are always willing to work together to resolve issues in a timely manner. I always feel I can go to my boss with issues or concerns and they are addressed appropriately. I also feel I have been given a growth path and encouraged to strive for higher positions.

Cons

Since we provide a service to the facilities in which the radiologists are the end users, we are sometimes stuck in the middle working through issues that we do not have any control over. It is also a very fast-paced and continuously changing environment so it can be a challenge at times to be keep up with procedures and expectations as they evolve.

Advice to Management

Keep up the effort to focus on continual improvement!

4. "Really like working for this organization"

I have been working at Advanced Radiology Services full-time

Pros

Great group of physicians and employees to work with. A very diverse group of people. It feels like working with family.

Cons

Not much room for advancement in my department.

5. "Exceptional company that's on the forefront of imaging!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Advanced Radiology Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a dynamic company owned by physicians that truly care about their company and staff.

Cons

As with any medical field, change is constant and keeping up definitely keeps you on your toes!

6. "Great co-workers make every day enjoyable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Advanced Radiology Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, great group of co-workers, everyone desires to get things done and continue to improve processes and services. I have a boss that listens to me and wants to help me to succeed. I feel respected as an important part of a team.

Cons

Since all the radiologists are part owners, they all can have a say in how the company operates, which can sometimes feel like a, "too many cooks in the kitchen" situation.

7. "Good People, Perks, and Benefits"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer

I have been working at Advanced Radiology Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are outstanding, including medical, dental, and life. HR makes a big effort to foster company culture through event celebrations (with free food), and I truly enjoy being around my co-workers.

Cons

Not as many opportunities to climb the ladder.

Advice to Management

Offer some more promotion opportunities. Otherwise, fantastic job!

8. "Advanced Radiology Services Review"

I have been working at Advanced Radiology Services full-time

Pros

Company culture and benefits, casual atmosphere, and ability to work independently. New ideas and ways to become more efficient are welcomed and encouraged.

Cons

Some office drama/ lack of professionalism.

9. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

The company benefits are outstanding!
    The culture continues to improve and get better every day.
    The people generally care about each other and want each other to be successful.
    A good blend of work / life. folks at ARS understand how important that is.

Cons

There are definitely differences in the culture surrounding the physicians and the rest of the administrative staff.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on the culture on both the STARS and ARS sides. Also keep pushing the envelope to allow employees to feel comfortable working from home.

10. "Willing to Make Changes"

Current Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Grand Rapids, MI

Pros

Advanced Radiology Services offers some of the best benefits including medical, dental, 401k, short/long term disability, tuition reimbursement. Over the years they have paid close attention to the company's overall culture and have been focusing on the concerns and suggestion for improvement from it's employees. A company willing to listen to it's employees and try to make the necessary changes is hard to fine and I am grateful to be part of this company.

Cons

Due to being in a specialist position there is not a lot of room for advancement.

Advice to Management

Keep working on the culture and the overall moral between upper management and the employees.