Advanced Rx Reviews | Glassdoor

Advanced Rx Reviews

Updated 28 Mar 2018

3.5
Advanced Rx CEO Jeff Azevedo (no image)
Jeff Azevedo
  1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Advanced Rx full-time

Pros

Great people and excellent team work

Cons

All good - no negative feedback

Advanced Rx2017-12-11
  2. "Awesome company to grow with!"

I have been working at Advanced Rx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been with this company for just about 5 years now and have really enjoyed watching this company grow. The owners have done a lot over the years to keep a good culture within the company that makes coming into work actually, enjoyable! What other bosses fully stock your office kitchen with drinks and snacks every two weeks? Most holidays are typically celebrated with either decorations, pot lucks, gift... exchanges, etc. Since our company has expanded so much, this really helps bring all employees together as well as getting to know any new employees. Over the years the people here have turned into a family here which you don't find at just any job.

Cons

Our new office has cubicles without full wall partitions which makes everyone a little nervous with talking on the phones or interacting with other coworkers to the point that the office is almost TOO quiet sometimes.

Advice to Management

Would really like to see more group activities outside of the office again!

Advanced Rx2018-03-28

"Long Term Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Advanced Rx full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with the company for a few years now and have constantly been growing and learning during my current time. The pharmaceutical industry is a fast paced and constant changing industry and you have to be open to the challenge. This company has taught me a lot about my strengths and weaknesses and every day is a (positive) challenge for me. I enjoy working with the team in the San Ramon office. They have... become like family!

Cons

The culture in the office had become a concern, however, the past few months I have witnessed a big improvement in the culture and relationships with the different departments in the office.

Advanced Rx2018-01-17

"AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"

I have been working at Advanced Rx full-time for more than a year

Pros

There were no pros for this place!

Cons

Advance Rx is by far the worst company I ever worked for. The ownership is immature and only out to grab as much cash as they can for themselves. They don’t care about the long-term business, their customers, and worst of all their employees. The only employees that last are those that the owners like and they only last because they only do what they are told and enjoy being yelled at when the owners are in a bad... mood. The majority of upper management is incompetent, especially the most recently hired executives. The company does not value or respect their employees. The owners fire people on a whim. Then they hire replacements hoping the latest person “plugged in” will fix the problems which are mostly caused by the owners or their incompetent minions. There is no strategic plan with this company and you’ll quickly realize that the only mobility is out of the company. Avoid this place unless you have no other options.

Advice to Management

Hire competent executives to run the place go stay on your boat and turn off your cell phones.

Advanced Rx2018-01-03

"Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Advanced Rx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back environment, set hours, paid holidays

Cons

Everyone just does what they want all day instead of actually working, there is no leadership

Advice to Management

Pharmacy managers should be MANAGING their employees, not allowing them to sit on facebook all day instead of working

Advanced Rx2017-12-06

"so much potential"

Former Employee - Corporate in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Advanced Rx full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Corporate employees are nice and there's good fun people to work around

Cons

Lack of leadership. the professionals they keep hiring keep leaving because what is told to them in interviews is totally different than what is reality. CFO stepped down because they couldn't get the numbers to do what they wanted them to do. our accounting office should have been a revolving door sales room - so many people leaving and coming. the leadership people, husband and wife, live the "do i as i... say not as i do mentality". one day they love the vp of sales the next they are trying to replace him. they hire felons to work within their billing team exposed to PHI because they're family members. there's no real room for growth unless you are best friends with the COO - they even keep employees that are clearly bad at their job managing people because they like being around them. the salary for the working class teams is very poor, but the salary for the sales teams is over the top. the culture is toxic, CEO cursing and yelling within earshot of all the employees in the corporate office. firing people on whims randomly because they aren't hitting budget right before the end of the year. employees are always looking for other opportunities and ways out of the company.

Advice to Management

sell the business, if you still can, and let someone else run it. the model seems fine, but the leaders tasked with the business' success are failures from other companies that are leaching onto the only job that they can land.

Advanced Rx2017-12-07
  7. "Pharmacist in Charge"

I worked at Advanced Rx full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and work hours were excellent

Cons

Hard to contact management when needed

Advanced Rx2017-11-01

"Bad Management"

I have been working at Advanced Rx full-time

Pros

None, except the monthly birthday cake.

Cons

None - husband and wife team. Cutting heads all the time, very insensitive! The CEO is better than the COO, wife. Nonetheless - very brutal! No work life balance.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to those poor underpaid employees and start recognizing their values! Work life balance is huge in attracting great talent. They project a lot in Town Hall meetings, nothing comes to surface, all talk.

Advanced Rx2017-11-08

"pharmacy tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Advanced Rx full-time

Pros

Started out as a great opportunity

Cons

No room for growth and felt unappreciated.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on the basic fundamentals of pharmacy instead of focusing on how may pharmacies you open.

Advanced Rx2016-12-20

"Worst company I've ever worked at"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Advanced Rx full-time

Pros

I really can't think of any pros for this company. The management team throws temper tantrums and the girl who had interviewed me showed up wearing a tube top. So many red flags.

Cons

-Not a real 'start-up' it's actually a family-owned business and the CEO and COO are married. There are a few other family members in the company, and many who were hired because they were family friends or attended the same church, school, etc. None of this is disclosed during the interview or once you're hired -Very low pay, no bonuses -Micromanagers left and right -No transparency throughout the company... whatsoever -No professional growth - the tools they use are very old school and they seem content with it -Light PTO, holidays -There's a lot of shady stuff the company does that is illegal or not in compliance but you're expected to do what you're told and look the other way Working here was an absolute nightmare. Stay away.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with your employees and stop bickering in the office. Show some professionalism and help empower your employees by giving them the right tools, resources, and training they need.

Advanced Rx2016-07-07