KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 187 of over 195 reviews

4.4
Affirm CEO Max Levchin
Max Levchin
Pros
  • "Good opportunities to have impact and work with smart people(in 14 reviews)

• "Great benefits, high hourly rate (non exempt), ability to contribute beyond just your role(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Typical growing pains for any bay area company - tech debt, trying to find an organizational structure that works, lack of ownership, etc(in 15 reviews)

• "The workload can be very heavy which can make it difficult to find a work life balance(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Gender

This rating reflects the overall rating of Affirm and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Seriously amazing place to work!

Mar 9, 2021 - Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work is challenging and engaging. A lot of immediate support and opportunities. Can’t believe how great the benefits are! I didn’t know it was possible to be treated so well. The DEI is top notch and the company actually wants you to invest in your own financial wellness.

Cons

Definitely a few bumps being remote only in most roles, but the company is really trying hard to keep everyone connected.

7 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Huge growth potential, amazing culture

Sep 3, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Top notch salary & benefits - Impressive executive leadership - Latest tech - Welcoming and diverse culture

Cons

- Typical startup growing pains - Some devx challenges (but improving)

2 people found this review helpful

81 Comments

Join the conversation on
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A fast paced environment with an incredibly supportive remove-first workforce!

Jul 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A fast paced work environment ensures things are never boring! You can easily see the impact of your efforts - Incredibly supportive workforce. Being a "remote-first" company has led folks to realize the power of regular communication, feedback, and encouragement. I know I can rely on team members for assistance and vice versa. - Great work/life balance. Coming from a small consulting firm where work/life balance was paramount, I was nervous about working for a large Bay Area startup. However I have been encouraged to take time off and step away when needed to attended to my toddler's needs, which echoes the supportiveness of our entire workforce - Ample time off. Along with flexible PTO, we have built it "Away Days" where Affirm offices are closed, allowing the company to enjoy at least one long weekend a month without the worry of "falling behind". - Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Employee resource and community groups exist to support Affirmer's of all backgrounds, as well as inform and educate allies as well.

Cons

- Time zone challenges. With a distributed workforce across all 4 US timezones, scheduling can be challenge. While rare (in central time zone), I need to occasionally take calls outside of normal business hours to sync with west coast counterparts. - Processes and procedures are a "work in progress". As Affirm has grown over the last 2-3 years, new processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance have been iterated on. While having a hand in the creation and adoption of processes and procedures can be rewarding, the current lack thereof can be a bit of a headace

3 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Seriously good benefits

Aug 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's amazing just how good the benefits program is at Affirm. The Benefits team is super responsive to feedback and it feels like benefits are updated often with new programs. I often feel like everything I need, our Benefits team has thought of that already and is ready to help!

Cons

Life moves fast at Affirm! For some people, the constant change can be difficult to adapt. I think if you come at it with the right mindset, though, it's a good way to grow your career and expand your goals.

3 people found this review helpful
    6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Overall great place to work, but like anywhere, has it's issues

Sep 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Very smart, highly-motivated colleagues who support each other's success rather than purely prioritizing their own success at the expense of others. -This industry is growing like gangbusters and it's very exciting to be part of this company as it continues to have success and grow.

Cons

-Extremely reactive. From the very top down, the company chases the lastest "shiny object" and doesn't maintain any consistent, long term priorities that trickle all the way down. -The main impact of this is that it's very hard to control bandwidth because many projects start as inbound requests that are immediately made priorities.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The best place that I ever worked

Aug 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This place is a gem. A rocket ship with incredible potential. The smartest and most empathetic people I have worked with. Could not recommend it enough.

Cons

We are growing at the speed of light. Not a con, but buckle your seatbelt! Must be able to strategize and pivot quickly.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Quality is severely declining - stay away if you can!

Jul 25, 2021 - Senior Manager, Analytics
      Business Outlook

Pros

**Two stars only because we IPOed so I can’t complain about that. For new hires, avoid avoid avoid unless you have no other options. Try to interview anywhere else if you consider yourself talented. It seems like we are only getting people who don’t have other options recently, not a good feeling for current employees or for new hires when everyone (team, friends) assumes you couldn’t get in anywhere else. Our management asked new hires to write reviews so that’s why you see positive reviews and also why you see them responding to every negative review** Remote work - entire company is very flexible about where, when, and how you choose to work. Affirm seems to be one of the few companies who has this figured out. However, the culture has totally been lost IPO - if you joined pre IPO, you made a lot of money from Affirm or will make a lot of money. It’s also a good culture where people a bonded by the fact that they built something together for the OGs Perks - food wallet and lifestyle wallet are nice. Other benefits are in line with most companies.

Cons

The bar has dropped so much this year - managers are empire builders. We are hiring people with no relevant experience to the role, or who are severely underqualified and would not have passed the resume screen in the past. Hiring just hire (and fire). If you’re an actually qualified candidate, I’d avoid unless you want your peers to be unqualified people who fell into the role. Not customer forward at best, predatory lending at worst - as much as Affirm tells us that we’re helping people, most of us know we are not. We’re training them to spend above their means so that we can profit off of them. This company cares so much about its public image but there's nothing they can do about being on the wrong side of history. Exit opportunities are challenging since adjacent industries see our business as unethical. No competitive moat - anyone can do BNPL and many traditional banks are aggressively coming into this space, Affirm is not innovating and this is reflected in our stock price halving since IPO Chaos - tech debt makes everything painful to work on, and I sometimes wonder how we’re a public company. Managers are way too young, don’t know how to manage teams, no vision and extremely political

24 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

Great Place to Work & Great People

Jul 12, 2021 - Senior Manager in Oakland, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The team here has been tremendous to work with. I started as a contractor, and converted to an FTE, and even during my time as a contractor, the team and all my cross functional partners went above and beyond to ensure I was set-up for success. Also, benefits are AMAZING.

Cons

Affirm is growing rapidly, so there's no shortage of things to do, which can translate to very busy work days.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Former Employee

Good place to work

Aug 10, 2021 - Software Development Engineer II in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance and culture…supporting environment and good benefits

Cons

The downside of working at this firm is that the team I worked at didn’t have the projects I was interested at.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    11. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Thank you for such an amazing interview experience!

Aug 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very communicative during the interview process and everything is so well thought out.

Cons

None that I can think of. Really enjoyed my experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 187 Reviews