Alan Ritchey Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Alan Ritchey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Mail Sorter Forkleft Operator"

Former Employee - Material Handler in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Portland, OR

I worked at Alan Ritchey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The most awesome people i've ever worked with from my co-workers to the management.

Cons

It was just a seasonal position and ended to soon.

Advice to Management

Thank you so much for the great opportunity to work for your company.

2. "Good local driving job."

Pros

Ability to perform job with minimal supervision. The actual work is not labor intensive. Local driving with daily home time.

Cons

Agriculture position means no overtime. Insurance for a family is practically unaffordable. Also because of it being an agricultural position it is seasonal work.

Advice to Management

Better mapping systems, overtime pay, and insurance should be more affordable. The insurance is the elephant in the room, other that that, great job.

3. "Excellent company to work for!!"

Former Employee - Day Shift Supervisor in Clackamas, OR
    Former Employee - Day Shift Supervisor in Clackamas, OR

Pros

The management crew that ran the Clackamas Annex (Portland Metro area) were very pleasant to work for! They cared, they made changes happen when needed, they put faith in their shift supervisors and gave them a chance to shine through their work. I was promoted to shift supervisor simply after doing what I felt was just common sense. Even as a seasonal employee, they still took time to recognize the people that stood out. It was a fun experience, and will be sure to come back again next year if the contract opportunity returns. Thank you Dan, Dave, and Ron! You were a great example of what every company should look for in a manager! You made work fun, cared about every person that walked through the door, and appreciated every effort each person put forth! I sincerely hope that if Alan Ritchey, Inc. gets the Portland contract back again next season, that you three come back too!

Shift Supervisor
    Clackamas, Oregon

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Bring Dan, Dave, and Ron back to Portland, Oregon again next year!!

4. "Amazing Caring People"

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Portland, OR

I worked at Alan Ritchey full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Saved Christmas for around a 150 of us in Portland. I knew going into this job it was seasonal, but I have never enjoyed any job more than the one I had with your company.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep the system you have going now.

5. "mail handler/sorter"

Current Employee - Material Handler/Mail Sorter in Valley View, TX
    Current Employee - Material Handler/Mail Sorter in Valley View, TX

I have been working at Alan Ritchey (More than 3 years)

Pros

respect that management has for its employees

Cons

need for more job opportunities in colorado

6. "ex employee"

Former Employee - Crude Hauler in Enid, OK
    Former Employee - Crude Hauler in Enid, OK

Pros

Working alone in the field

Cons

Horrible equipment due to lack of maintenance. Not getting paid for stuff u do like pre trip or post trip. Not getting paid for hours worked when ur not hauling loads. And horrible insurance

Advice to Management

Get new management

7. "Drifting with no direction"

Pros

The employees are amazing. They keep the company running in spite of the best efforts of the board. They have decent facilities and potential.

Cons

The board is all family. They hire consultants from time to time but fire said consultants in mid stroke when the cuts affect family. There is no clear objective at any given time. They continue to run the same tired plays et nauseum.

Advice to Management

Mail is dead. Freight is cheap. You will not be able to dig yourself out of this hole that you dug for yourselves. Hire someone who knows the business and be clear as to what you want them to do.

8. "crude oil hauler"

Pros

A good company to work for

Cons

It's an awesome job no complaints

9. "I was trained very well to perform my job."

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Alan Ritchey full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The compensation coincided with the yearly increase in inflation.The company had very good benefits.The percentage of promotion in my job title was limited.

Cons

The corporate company was located in texas.Plant was in mass.The corporate heads rarely visited our location. When they did visit they rarely asked us about the job.

Advice to Management

I felt that we had a lot of input that went unheard because of the distance between our plant and corporate.

10. "Due your homework an due dillagance the oilfield side of this outfit is off way off par!"

I worked at Alan Ritchey full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Met a few good men! They'll rent you a fema trailer if your single an needing a place to live! They offer a good sign on if you can make it that long! Since there's no real management or time clocks to punch you can work as desired! There in such dire need of professional wheel holders you can pretty much work whenever you need to starting at what ever time you feel suites your schedule! They even pay you on a con data if you don't have a bank or credit union!

Cons

Long hours = little pay there structured pay is a similar structure to the big oil hauling outfits like Sunoco marathon plains by the loaded mile and 25 a reject! Due to being a third party hauler there work will float in certain areas so don't count on a steady job at one set location or city! You couldn't buy a house close the yard I mean unless you don't mind being gone all the time! If your just breaking out in the oil and gas industry this company might get you the experience you need to move on to better more stable companies that can weather fluctuating oil prices! Remember the closer you are to the wellhead the better odds of having a stable consistent check! So if stability is what your after then this wouldn't be one to move with!

Advice to Management

Make sure the you feed the hands that feed you! Go get you clean hands dirty an see for yourself the true faults within each yard! The high turnover, revolving red door on the floor should be you number one priority! Don't make excuses, get real results based on numbers! Men lie, numbers don't! Stability, stability, stabilty, consistency, consistency, consistency!