AlloSource Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

AlloSource President Thomas Cycyota
Thomas Cycyota

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Allograft Service Coordinator"

I have been working at AlloSource full-time

Pros

Best company I've ever worked for.

Cons

Not enough room for job growth - small company.

Advice to Management

We have gone over this in engagement meetings.

2. "Operations Technician"

Current Employee - Operations Technician in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Technician in Denver, CO

I have been working at AlloSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

AlloSource offers employees a very fulfilling career. The opportunity to help save and enhance lives outside of the healthcare field is amazing. The Operations department has been going through many major changes this past year and has made new positions and roles. As long as employees are hard workers, have a positive attitude and meet their goals they are rewarded. AlloSource has numerous ways for employees to be compensated and rewarded as well as recognized among peers. They also have a very generous benefits package which also has ways to be rewarded for living a healthy lifestyle. The on-site clinic is very convenient for employees who may feel ill. There are many reasons AlloSource is great and the fact that they hire with-in shows that there are opportunities to advance your career if you are willing to work hard and keep a positive attitude.

Cons

The major changes in operations has been difficult with management changes, scheduling changes and job restructuring its a lot of change in such a short amount of time. I feel these changes have made a huge disconnect between the staff and upper management. With gaps in our staffing and our daily schedules being incorrect it gets frustrating very quickly. AlloSource had a great track record until recently...I think that some things are not meant to be changed and certainly not changing 5 things in a department at once would help calm the swell.

Advice to Management

Keep the structure of the department the same. Focus on building a solid foundation with scheduling. For employees, having a stress-free day is important. In a time of so much change in the department, I feel as though a consistent and solid workflow would greatly increase the chances of employees wanting to stay at AlloSource long term.

3. "poor leadership that won't change"

Current Employee - Manager in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Manager in Centennial, CO

I have been working at AlloSource (More than 5 years)

Pros

great mission and people dedicated to achieving it

Cons

executive leadership is horrible and senior leaders are leaving because of it

Advice to Management

CEO - stop reacting to petty employee complaints and focus on leading the company. Let your team run the company and get out of their way

"Great Mission but High School Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at AlloSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You help make life changing /saving products and they have an onsite clinic for employees.

Cons

Mangers are promoted based on popularity not qualifications. Sometimes without even posting the job to allow other applicants (hint, that is a big rule breaker yet it happened). They bully and gossip about subordinates which creates a very hostile work environment. If your department is doing well, they take the credit and if you aren't, they will pick a target to throw under the bus. There is zero accountability for lower and middle level managers and their behavior is extremely hypocritical. Don't get me started on how 1/4 of the company is sleeping with each other and then spreading rumors about it... In addition, techs are grossly underpaid for the attention to detail and skill the jobs require. It's impossible to advance unless someone leaves and you are popular enough to get their spot. The turnover rate is so high, yet Upper Management never notices that it's due to appalling treatment of employees. Instead, it's marked off as the former employee being a bad apple. Surveys,honest feedback, and "straight talk"are encouraged but then your boss will use it against you as proof of your bad attitude. Employees are written up for absurd petty things which creates a toxic culture.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to how Operations employees are being managed. Recognize that turnover trends in small departments are due to bad management instead of blinding believing what your managers tell you . Compensate and promote your employees. A lot of them really care about what they do and are loyal but stuck in dead end roles. Stop focusing on how many awards you can win and fix the foundation of the company, your employees. This will stop the company from hemorhaging money and recalling products. Actually listen to exit interview feedback and surveys. As much as I loved the mission and value of my work, quitting was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Jun 6, 2017 – HR Director

AlloSource’s Mission, Vision and Core Values are at the forefront of what we do. Our employees have the opportunity to help both donor families and tissue recipients through our work.
    Over the last... More

5. "Operations Tech"

Pros

The 3 day weekend was pretty nice and the PTO accrual was amazing.

Cons

The environment wasn't great, it was a huge high school where everyone talked smack about one another. Upper management loved to micromanage everyone

Advice to Management

Retrain them to not be sexist or racist and to actually be good decent human beings.

6. "Mission-Driven Company with Great Benefits"

I have been working at AlloSource full-time

Pros

This company is truly mission-driven and offers the opportunity to work for a company that helps people every day. The company offers amazing employee benefits like tuition reimbursement, an on-site health clinic for employees and families and a generous PTO policy. These benefits are much better than anything I've experienced at previous companies.

Cons

There are some growing pains as the company expands and grows.

Advice to Management

Continue to offer the benefits employees appreciate.

Jun 6, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for sharing your comments – we appreciate your positive comments on working at AlloSource, as well as the benefit plan we provide.

7. "Horrible Company"

I worked at AlloSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a great vision but...no one follows it

Cons

They hire within and even if you don't have the education as long as you have the experience in the Core the job is yours. People can't figure out a Word doc. but get office jobs? Managment are idots and have no idea whats going on. The CEO tries to but his nose into everything but can't wrap his head around any of it. They have no respect for people or their lives. They are a money hungry, "non profit"

Advice to Management

Hire people who have the background in a professional world. It's hard for the rest of us to work with people who aren't able to use correct grammar.

Jun 6, 2017 – HR Director

Thank you for your comments.
    Every AlloSource employee is hired based on a standard applicant process and must meet the minimum job requirements.
    We offer our staff training to provide the... More

"Great Place for Low Performers"

Former Employee - AV Access Technician in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - AV Access Technician in Centennial, CO

I worked at AlloSource full-time

Pros

Great mission, rewarding work, CEO appears to care for employees.

Cons

Extremely poor middle management. Company pushes a culture they don't follow through with in day to day workings. Communication between Executive Leadership and lower level employees is unclear, inconsistent, contradictory to action, and unreliable. It really didn't take me long to realize it was an unhealthy work environment and move on.

Advice to Management

Supervisors, managers, and directors need to be reevaluated, retrained, and/or replaced. Low performance, and mediocrity have become the norm there and employees have lost confidence in their leadership.

There is also a lack of opportunities for growth and career advancement. Unless a supervisor quits or is fired, don't expect any upward movement.

"tough times"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at AlloSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and leave of absence options to take care of yourself.

Cons

Company expects a lot from you in a short amount of time. Most of the time it's unrealistic changes, that wasn't thought out before implementing. Nor giving enough time to plan and implement process changes. Supervisors all the way to executive level need to include the people that are involved with processes to ensure positive change is effective and efficient.

Advice to Management

Embrace an open forum to include discussions about the good and bad of daily operations.

"Operations treated terribly"

Current Employee - Operations in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Operations in Denver, CO

I have been working at AlloSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Great benefits
    -4 day work weeks
    -Independence

Cons

-Operations team given zero respect
    -Constant changing of rules and regulations
    -FAVORITISM
    -Operations not paid well compared to the rest of the company
    -Ignorant management team
    -Strange hours
    -Again, NO RESPECT!

Advice to Management

LISTEN to your employees and TREAT them well! How we are treated reflects the type of work we do!