AlloSource Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
AlloSource President Thomas Cycyota
Thomas Cycyota

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits and wellness programs" (in 7 reviews)

• "Good benefits, good work schedule" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "I feel these changes have made a huge disconnect between the staff and upper management" (in 6 reviews)

• "Company expects a lot from you in a short amount of time" (in 2 reviews)

1. "Mission driven with a commitment to their employees"

I have been working at AlloSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many positive things I could say about AlloSource but I will keep it quick. I have worked in quite a few different human donation settings, i.e.; OPO's/transplant centers, and I will say that this is by far the best! The wellness and insurance benefits, opportunity for growth, and satisfaction with management makes this a wonderful company. I was recently promoted to a different position and actually encouraged by my boss to apply and pursue the opportunity. I think that if you want to be happy here, you will be. If you want to grow here, take time to invest. I’ve read some of the previous negative reviews and can’t imagine...although I have never worked in the core to give insight. The whole company is constantly receiving emails from the CEO with the slogan “what you do matters” so I think you missed the point if you think leadership doesn’t care. We have recipients come in on a regular basis to thank us for our commitment to donation. This is truly a great company. They treat employees with respect and genuinely care about the culture and environment for everyone. This cannot be said for every company, especially in transplant. Also, I think it should be known that I’m not a big fish.. making what people describe as a ton of money. I think by most standards I make very little money but I am doing something that saves and enhances the lives of others and for that I am grateful.

Cons

The only con is something that I knew when accepting a position here, a commute. I wish there was a benefit to subsidize public transportation to a from work. Maybe an EcoPass or light rail benefit.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and encouraging them to take opportunities for growth. It means a lot. Also, your wellness program is top notch!

Aug 8, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

AlloSource provides a comprehensive package to all employees. To learn more about those benefits click on the Benefits tab under the “AlloSource Overview - Why Work For Us” section.

"Review"

I have been working at AlloSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are great - lots of PTO to start, tuition reimbursement, learning and development opportunities, wellness incentives, etc.

The company is very mission driven - honoring the donor is everything, even if it means making the wrong "business" decision, which I think is cool. Hearing from donor/recipient families is always rewarding.

Depending on your position, you get to work with many different departments.

Challenging yet rewarding work.

Cons

Many people here have a distrust of upper management in general, possibly due to the fact that most are extremely underpaid and people higher up are overpaid.

Frequent changing of priorities is difficult to deal with.

Advice to Management

Finding a way to increase salaries would be much appreciated.

Aug 8, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

AlloSource conducts annual compensation reviews with “like” companies and matches salaries to those companies to stay competitive with the job market.

3. "glassdoor"

Current Employee - Operations in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Operations in Aurora, CO

I have been working at AlloSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that I would tell good hard working people to go and check out. This company real cares about the employees that works here, we are just like a family. If I really need some help on any level I know they will be right here for us. How I know, They have done it for me and its was a true blessing. I didn't even ask for anything. They just did it out of the kindness of there HEART!!!!!

Cons

Hard work and long hours, but its well worth it.

Advice to Management

Pay more we are worth and you can tell by the work we put out!

Aug 8, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

We recently elevated the pay range for our Operations Processing Technicians with an average 19% pay increase. We consistently review pay ranges for our positions to stay competitive in the job... More

"Director"

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at AlloSource (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, good mission, good location

Cons

Everyone is overworked, over-stressed, and over-emotional. Management needs to rethink their culture and focus more on their greatest asset - people.

Aug 8, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

Our business is dynamic and constantly changing. We value all employee contributions and commitment to our cultural beliefs which are Mission Balanced, Team AlloSource, Honor all, Courageous... More

"DO YOURSELF A FAVOR - STAY AWAY !!!!!!!"

I have been working at AlloSource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there are none. unless you're a temp because they pay them better than their employees.

Cons

treat their operations technicians HORRIBLY
    don't value the work you do, only the money you make them
    the "leadership team" doesn't do anything but ask for insight and ignore it.
    no place for advancement

Advice to Management

TO ALL ELT MEMBERS - QUIT.

Aug 8, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

Our Operations Processing Technicians are critical to our business. Without their dedication and commitment to quality, we would not be successful as a company. We recently elevated the pay range... More

"All hail the king!"

Former Employee - Operations Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Operations Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at AlloSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some benefits you may get if you can stand the environment long enough. I guess you are helping people, it just sucks that you are also helping others to get filthy rich.

Cons

Pay is awful. Workers are treated like peasants and cordoned off to their own section of the building away from all of the “white collared” workers. Many of the people working in the core are very intelligent and deserve way more respect.

Advice to Management

Do whatever you want, people who respect themselves will not work for you.

Apr 3, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

We conduct an annual review of salaries to help ensure we offer competitive pay for the jobs we offer. We appreciate each employee’s dedication to honor the gift of tissue donation and feel our pay... More

7. "Review"

I worked at AlloSource full-time

Pros

People were very willing to help.
    Good work-life balance
    Pretty good workplace atmosphere
    Amazing upcoming technology

Cons

Better communication between departments needed to occur at some points

Mar 22, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your comments – we appreciate your positive comments on working at AlloSource, as well as the positive atmosphere we strive to provide for our employees.

"Great place to get some experience"

Current Employee - Operations Processing Tech in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Operations Processing Tech in Centennial, CO

I have been working at AlloSource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and wellness programs
    Flexible hours and shifts
    Four day work weeks (operations)
    Plenty of overtime opportunities
    Great mission statements

Cons

Lack of morale with the senior techs
    To work in operations you HAVE to start as a temp
    Operations is under appreciated and very underpaid
     CONSTANT training because AlloSource is hiring so many new people so there are inexperienced people training the newest people
    Push for more and more output, yet the staggered shift plus overtime creates lack of room and equipment availability
    Coming in for overtime means searching for equipment and stealing rooms
    Annomosity between the shifts due to differing work loads (less is expected depending on the supervisor)
    Inconsistent expectations for operations

Advice to Management

Thank you for giving us great incentives and amazing benefits. However, stop throwing more people into operations with the hope they will stick. It is exhausting training people for a couple weeks and then having them leave. Set a standard that shifts need to cooperate in order to complete the work scheduled, not pass it off to the next shift! Also, make it a point to pay your employees in operations well. It’s frustrating to know that you’re considered below everyone else in the company despite working hard to make the products the company sells. Finally, if you want increased production, give us more equipment, hire better people and stop allowing everyone to come in for overtime during the overlap between shifts. Hiring more people that are incompetent is making it seem like AlloSource is desperate and does not care about their mission.

Mar 22, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your positive comments on your time so far at AlloSource. We appreciate your passion for our organization. We work hard to provide a great working environment and competitive benefits... More

"Was once a great place of employment."

Former Employee - Equipment Technician
    Former Employee - Equipment Technician

I worked at AlloSource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people on the ground level. Equipment Management/facilities is a disaster due to upper management not knowing how to write procedures . I feel bad for the department. It was good up until the last few years.

Cons

Upper management is horrible. Upper management does not listen to their employees. They no longer have dedication to dedicated reliable employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to your workers

Mar 22, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

AlloSource is committed to implementing suggestions and process improvements from our employees. We encourage employees in all departments to submit new product or process ideas. We also conduct... More

10. "Great place to work at."

Current Employee - Operations Technician
    Current Employee - Operations Technician

I have been working at AlloSource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and great benefits.

Cons

I don’t like the early hours.

Feb 8, 2018 – HR Recruiting Coordinator

Thank you for your positive comments on your time at AlloSource. We appreciate your passion for our organization. We work hard to provide a great working environment and competitive benefits for our... More