Answer Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 21, 2018

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work from home as a remote insurance sales agent" (in 22 reviews)

• "All inbound calls, no cold calling" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have worked there 10 years and the comp plan has changed six times" (in 12 reviews)

• "They fail to tell new agents about the compensation plan until one of your last days in training" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales Agent in Encino for over 5 years"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Encino, CA

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I feel The people at Answer Financial really care about their employees and want them to be successful. My coworkers and the managers give tools and assistance to be productive. Answer Financial is giving incentives and perks to acknowledge good customer service. And recognize accomplishments.

Cons

Over the past couple years the insurance industry has gone through changes and insurance carriers have pulled out of insuring causing a reduction in carriers. Answer Financial implemented a new compensation plan at the wrong time for the insurance economy making it difficult to make commissions. Answer Financial has recognized this error and is working on creating a new company plan to compensate employees fairly. In the mean time they are offering bonuses and incentives to supplement employees income.

Advice to Management

Great job on the Carrier summit in AZ. Thank you for including me. That was a great experience to connect with carriers, coworkers and management. More events like that would be great! Waiting for the new compensation plan and I appreciate the incentives until you role it out. Keep up the momentum of making AFI a great place to work again.

2. "Good company if you work hard"

I worked at Answer Financial full-time

Pros

You reap what you sow at this company

Cons

If you aren't in the top 10 percent you won't make good money, but your in sales and should strive to get in the top 10 percent.

Advice to Management

Offer more prizes and fun things for the employees to win.

"Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Answer Financial has been my occupational home for 4 years now. I started this job back in 2014 with no previous sales experience. They have guided me along the way with compassion and knowledgeable understanding. Communication is key. Someone is always there if I have a question or a situation is troublesome.

Agents are eligible to work from the comfort of their homes. Personally, this is a big perk since I love a quieter work atmosphere. The set up & technology is simple and easy to use and operate.

I was recently invited to the a 1st annual Carrier Summit retreat at an awesome resort in AZ. This trip allowed us agents huge opportunities to ask questions to our carriers and to be some of the first to hear about upcoming systematic & technological improvements. We also got to meet our remote agents from across the US which was really cool.

Answer Financial is expanding and heading in a direction that would make anyone with a strong work ethic and optimistic mindset want to be apart of. I plan to make this my occupational home for years to come.

Cons

If you’re lazy & un-ethical, you will not do well or last long here.

"when everyone frowns beware"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fridge for your lunch although doors very hard to open

Cons

If first impressions are everything i sure wish i listened to mine. Also i sure wish i had read all the 1 stared negative reviews because believe them they are true. this is the land of the walking dead from management at all levels to sales agents. Mostly frowns or expressionless. Very grim, gloomy, no one smiles or acknowledges each other or sits together on breaks to talk Worst company culture of my business career. So my first impression was right.

Advice to Management

Advice, it’s too late you’re beyond help

5. "Answer Financial is a Fantastic Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Remote Insurance Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Remote Insurance Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love working from home, it has given me so much more time with my family. I love all the benefits, and incentives that AFI offers!

Cons

They are currently making improvements to the compensation plan, so there are some things that need adjusted there but they are implementing the new company plan in January and it will be much better!

"Remote agent"

Current Employee - Remote Sales Agent in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Remote Sales Agent in Encino, CA

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love how this company cares for their employees. They even fly you out to AZ to meet your managers and colleagues. I like that I can work from home and be more productive.

Cons

If you are a people person and like to be around people working remote might not be your thing.

7. "Nice to work from home!"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the fact that i can work from home and they provide all leads. I started in April and so far its been great!

Cons

Can't think of any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

No advice at this time.

8. "Remote sales agent"

Current Employee - Remote Sales Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Remote Sales Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home as a remote insurance sales agent. Hourly pay plus sales commission. They provide all computer equipment.

Cons

You have to be the type that is disciplined enough to work from home in order to be happy with this position.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on getting the remote workers to feel like part of the family. The Talking Stick Resort event in Scottsdale, Arizona this past week was a very successful event in my opinion. I felt like I got to get closer to my co-workers, put faces to names and felt like part of the organization. Thank you to the carriers that provided the opportunity for this event to happen !

9. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistat] in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Assistat] in Encino, CA

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent start up job in insurance business..CEO of the company recently took top sellers and managers to Insurance carrier summit, where we were able to meet with all the carrier relations and talk to them about how their carrier can help us ramp up production. Excellent setup and organized so well that they will be doing this every year.

Cons

It could get overwhelming at times, but if you are good in time management you are good to go

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing. You are awesome

"Not fun"

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time

Pros

remote sales is the only Pro

Cons

Gets threaten all the time about your job

Advice to Management

be nice to your agent or they'll leave