Answer Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 12, 2019

3.2
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work from home as a remote insurance sales agent" (in 22 reviews)

• "All inbound calls, no cold calling" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have worked there 10 years and the comp plan has changed six times" (in 12 reviews)

• "They fail to tell new agents about the compensation plan until one of your last days in training" (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales Agent in Encino for over 5 years"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Encino, CA

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I feel The people at Answer Financial really care about their employees and want them to be successful. My coworkers and the managers give tools and assistance to be productive. Answer Financial is giving incentives and perks to acknowledge good customer service. And recognize accomplishments.

Cons

Over the past couple years the insurance industry has gone through changes and insurance carriers have pulled out of insuring causing a reduction in carriers. Answer Financial implemented a new compensation plan at the wrong time for the insurance economy making it difficult to make commissions. Answer Financial has recognized this error and is working on creating a new company plan to compensate employees fairly. In the mean time they are offering bonuses and incentives to supplement employees income.

Advice to Management

Great job on the Carrier summit in AZ. Thank you for including me. That was a great experience to connect with carriers, coworkers and management. More events like that would be great! Waiting for the new compensation plan and I appreciate the incentives until you role it out. Keep up the momentum of making AFI a great place to work again.

"Excellent company, people, environment!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a Fantastic company to work with ( notice I say with instead of for… Because they really do make you feel like you are part of the process)!! They treat you like family and honestly care about you! They are always offering incentives and extra ways to earn money or prizes. They are also always providing lunches for their employees.
    The new compensation plan offers so many opportunities to make money and everyone makes a bonus. That’s encouraging!
    You accumulate a lot of time off throughout the year. Roughly 3 weeks of time off can be accrued throughout the year because they understand the importance of a good work-life balance.
    The carriers offered by AFI are constantly growing and the training for the carriers have been enhanced by the Carrier Champions that act as liaisons between the carriers, training and agents. This also gives agents an opportunity to expand their experience and knowledge with the company and build their internal resume.

Cons

I honestly do not have a con to mention. I believe this is a great company to work for. They are constantly working to grow and adapt to an ever changing environment.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing! If you take care of your people, they will work hard and move mountains for you! And I think the management team has figured that out.

"Honest Review"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work extremely hard, there is potential to make great money. The ability to work from home and paid time off are wonderful as well as a lot of opportunities to be recognized for sales performance. Great “first real job”. The most recent adjustment to the comp plan (2019) makes it possible for the agents who never made a bonus to bonus every month now. It also allows the higher producers to make even more money from their sales.

Cons

The adjustments to the comp plan have come at a cost. You are now micromanaged more than ever with everyone analyzing every minute of your time. When I started three years ago you could finish a quote or take a few minutes between calls to recollect yourself and get ready for a new call. Now if you’re not on the phone at any time you’ll be written up. The biggest con of working here is that you’re always afraid of losing your job. They do mass firing without warning of low and high producing agents. They threaten to fire agents almost constantly for production but at the end of the day they offer few resources for struggling agents. The managers have been off the phone so long they have absolutely no concept of what it takes to sell insurance in the market we are in. There is a manager that recently went back to being a sales agent because there is a higher pay potential by selling and that manager is one of the lowest producing agents. I think that just shows how out of touch they can be

Advice to Management

If you want your employees to take pride in their work and feel “empowered” or “own their business” then you need to stop micromanaging and threatening to fire them. You would do better to work harder to keep the already trained agents than to do a mass firing and hire all new agents like you seem inclined to do

4. "Mix Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Encino, CA

I worked at Answer Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some employees contributed to make it an all-inclusive environment.

Cons

There was biased treatment towards lower level employees.

Advice to Management

Listen to lower level employees needs.

"it could be so much more . . . progressing in some areas, in the stone ages in other"

I worked at Answer Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there are some generally bright dedicated passionate people
    certain folks in management actually care
    great learning experience despite elements of the environment

Cons

just about all C level positions are gone leaving current interim CEO to wear multiple hats
    Only recently have they hired someone credible to lead HR
    Lack of accountability for the old guard is the reason to reconsider working here

Advice to Management

take a hard look of people that should no longer work there after years of dysfunctional, ineffective management that have driven bright people out the door and left the company struggling to provide basic service to customer and employees.
    Proactively make the hard decisions before Allstate does it for you!

"Joke of a company- run away before you even walk in the door and make the mistake of a lifetime!!!!"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Answer Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Absolutely None - except for the day you walk out and never look back

Cons

The day you applied and took the job and everything about the place

Advice to Management

Close your doors!! Or clean house with current management and get some real insurance skilled managers

7. "Good company if you work hard"

I worked at Answer Financial full-time

Pros

You reap what you sow at this company

Cons

If you aren't in the top 10 percent you won't make good money, but your in sales and should strive to get in the top 10 percent.

Advice to Management

Offer more prizes and fun things for the employees to win.

"Remote agent"

Current Employee - Remote Sales Agent in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Remote Sales Agent in Encino, CA

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love how this company cares for their employees. They even fly you out to AZ to meet your managers and colleagues. I like that I can work from home and be more productive.

Cons

If you are a people person and like to be around people working remote might not be your thing.

"Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Answer Financial has been my occupational home for 4 years now. I started this job back in 2014 with no previous sales experience. They have guided me along the way with compassion and knowledgeable understanding. Communication is key. Someone is always there if I have a question or a situation is troublesome.

Agents are eligible to work from the comfort of their homes. Personally, this is a big perk since I love a quieter work atmosphere. The set up & technology is simple and easy to use and operate.

I was recently invited to the a 1st annual Carrier Summit retreat at an awesome resort in AZ. This trip allowed us agents huge opportunities to ask questions to our carriers and to be some of the first to hear about upcoming systematic & technological improvements. We also got to meet our remote agents from across the US which was really cool.

Answer Financial is expanding and heading in a direction that would make anyone with a strong work ethic and optimistic mindset want to be apart of. I plan to make this my occupational home for years to come.

Cons

If you’re lazy & un-ethical, you will not do well or last long here.

"when everyone frowns beware"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fridge for your lunch although doors very hard to open

Cons

If first impressions are everything i sure wish i listened to mine. Also i sure wish i had read all the 1 stared negative reviews because believe them they are true. this is the land of the walking dead from management at all levels to sales agents. Mostly frowns or expressionless. Very grim, gloomy, no one smiles or acknowledges each other or sits together on breaks to talk Worst company culture of my business career. So my first impression was right.

Advice to Management

Advice, it’s too late you’re beyond help