Answer Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The ability to work from home is the best" (in 20 reviews)

• "All inbound calls, no cold calling" (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "comp plan makes income inconsistant" (in 13 reviews)

• "Employees have to pay for parking out of their paycheck" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fabulous place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Right Answer Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Right Answer Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid training, laid back environment, phenomenal agent support. The directors and managers alike treat everyone with respect and understanding. Every new Insurance agent comes into their career scared, nervous and unsure. The management as well as the staff are extremely welcoming and caring when it comes to learning and developing in the Insurance business! From the newest agent to the directors and other management, everyone makes you feel like part of their family from day one. The level of help and support can not be compared to ANY place I have ever worked! To top all that off, Holidays are celebrated like no other company I have been a part of. It is a very special place to me.

Cons

I can not think of one downside to being in the Knoxville location except maybe that if you try to find an unhappy face...you can't. There is really no negative things to say at all.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Answer is the place I have always looked for in my career yet I didn't know that until you guys gave me the opportunity! The approach you guys all take to growing oneself not only as an agent, but as an individual really changes lives. Inspiration to become better at your craft as well as to become better as a person means a lot when you are new and trying find your place in a career. I am very blessed to be part of the Answer Financial family.

2. "Job security"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Encino, CA
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Encino, CA

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve been with Answer for over 5 years and I would never leave. The ability to work from home is the best. Not having to sit in L.A traffic is a blessing. I now have more time to spend with my kids. Our pay is fare. You are really in control of your bonus. The harder you work, the more you make. Our management team is phenomenal. They really work with you to improve your job skills. Overall, pretty laid back company. No one breathing down my neck.

Cons

We work one Saturday per month which is never fun, but we are in sales and that’s the name of the game.

Advice to Management

A higher hourly rate would be fair for bilingual agents.

3. "It's a job. Pays well but who knows how long you will last."

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Answer Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great hourly pay for the area (Knoxville), location, company freebies like lunches movie tickets etc, consistent scheduling with optional overtime available, and an excellent training program.

Cons

High stress environment, constantly worrying if you will be fired or not, given goals almost impossible to reach and then punished for not reaching them, not allowed to take any time off whatsoever without using precious hard to get vacation time (no unpaid days off), commissions are a drawback style though they do everything to say it's not... It IS, confusing pay scale structure that makes it almost impossible to bonus, they pay for your certifications however they charge you for them if you leave or are fired before your first year is up, and you can wait 30 - 45minutes in between calls which makes it harder to sell more insurance policies and meet your goals.

Advice to Management

Having your employees work under the constant fear of being fired is NOT good for morale.

4. "Remote Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Remote Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Remote Sales Agent

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Day one benefits. Great pay. Work from home option. Commissions and incentives are amazing. The company is always giving incentives in addition to monthly commissions to keep agents motivated. I work from home and I feel part of the company as if I was working from the office. Management is amazing, they are always willing to work with you and are there to help when needed. Overall is just a great company to work for.

Cons

Can’t think of anything!!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Keep the incentives going!!!

"Good Reviews are Fakes"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Answer Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My fellow inmates.. ahem, I mean my coworkers, were good people.

Cons

Managers not knowledgeable, bonus nearly impossible, told us did not care if we crashed on the way to work in the snow, as long as some of us got there. If you are looking for a place that will hire you even with a criminal record, this is the place.

Advice to Management

Stop having upper management, pacified by slightly higher salaries, write reviews on here, we both know who wrote that this place is "fabulous."

"Not What it Seems"

Current Employee - Sales in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Training, a Job and not much more than that.

Cons

First of all the job is not 15 dollars and hr plus commission. Over 90% of every sales person makes 15 an hour plus zero commission. Extremely high turnover, instead of cash bonuses they offer candy bars to try and motivate sales teams. Extreme micro management, your manager listens to your calls and watches your screens at the same time every minute of the day. They disguise the pay as 15 an hour and I swear to everyone that it is a draw not a salary. Very high level of stress and a very low level of pay and bonus for such a tough sales environment. Most of the current managers and trainers exceeded in sales with deceptive sales practices that has since been shut down by the company, however they are rewarded because they were able to get away with it for years. The best leads come from a MLM Pyriamid company that less than 10 percent of the employees have access too. If you need a job and you can live on 15 an hour then this place is for you, if you truly think you will ever make more than that just know that 95% of the sales team does not bonus.

Advice to Management

Quit deceiving people to believe this is not a draw. It is a draw cleverly disguised. Correct the pay plan to 15 an hour plus a set amount per policy sold and you will see more sales success that ever before. Do not insult salespeople by offering them 50 cent candy bars as some sort of incentive, money motivates sales people, candy does not.

"Great People"

Pros

People are knowledgeable and hard working

Cons

Growth has been a bit of a challenge

8. "Good Insurance Career Start"

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time

Pros

Stable. Can work from home.

Cons

Customers can often be stressful.

"Sales agent"

Current Employee - Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Sales Agent

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed working for this company. I'm grateful they hired me, thus putting bread on my table. They increased the pay an extra $5 per hour while I was here.

Cons

The job is not like it used to be. Always on edge on losing your job. There is not job stability here anymore. Managers always pull in agents to scare them into termination. It doesn't matter if you sell well or don't sell well. You're always in trouble. If they don't want you as an agent anymore, they will pick on your every move as an excuse to fire you. I lost hope in this company

Advice to Management

They don't understand the stress they cause their agents. Imagine if you were always on edge on losing your job. I wish I could see you do a better job at being an agent.

"Do not work here unless they make a major positive change"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Answer Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck on the 9th and 23rd of the month, free coffee in the break room, my coworkers were amazing people, it’s better than being homeless

Cons

They fail to tell new agents about the compensation plan until one of your last days in training. They push it off until then because once agents find out, they start bailing. The compensation plan is a booklet mostly in legal terms. To sum it up, that $15 an hour ‘salary’ is more like a draw because in order to see an extra penny of pay, you have to make at least that much in compensation before you get a bonus (you get paid between $15 & $150 per policy so do the math) and they have a variety of ways they can deduct from your bonus for things outside of your control. Let’s say you don’t meet the metrics to get a bonus one month, you will still be charged back for policies that cancel. So that $600 in cancellations you didn’t get paid for in the first place, they’re gonna deduct that from any current bonus you might get; making it extremely difficult to ever get ahead. In most situations, the policies cancel because the clientele we serve aren’t the best and they don’t pay their bills. I’m not sure how that’s the agents fault but we get charged for it. Most agents who have been there over a year have left the company. It’s sad when you’re concerned a veteran being there a year. Talking to agents who had been there awhile I was told it used to be a great company to work for - the agents were making money, the culture was one that fostered growth and having fun while working hard - now, it’s a culture of threatening agents jobs, finding ways not to compensate agents but loading on more & more expectations. I’m not exaggerating in saying, almost everyone in the sales department is actively looking for employment elsewhere. It’s a revolving door but the higher ups don’t seem to care. We voice concerns and it gets worse, not better. We’re told we’re valuable because we’re the only ones who bring in revenue to the company - well then treat us that way. Pay your agents fairly, don’t make it a culture of fear.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at the turn over - to what your agents gave voiced concerns about - when dozens of agents say the same thing, you might want to take it seriously. Ruling by an iron fist isn’t going to motivate or keep good employees.