KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to learn from.(in 39 reviews)
  • "1. Good culture with very friendly environment.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Oh and a great office in downtown San Francisco!(in 11 reviews)
  • "4. get a chance to work with awesome team(in 11 reviews)
Cons
  • "Too many meetings and that too at random times because of poor management.(in 15 reviews)
  • "CTO has bad leadership which can be shown by recent exits from many engineers.(in 13 reviews)
  • "As far as I could tell my direct manager could only regurgitate buzzwords and comment negatively about his peers in management.(in 9 reviews)
  • "6. Highly insecure environment and frequent layoffs(in 5 reviews)
  • "Sales enablement and communication with HQ can definitely improve(in 5 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Mar 21, 2021 - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun company to work at now

Cons

Management can be slow to make changes

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Unclear Direction and Leadership

Dec 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

AppDirect is a very flexible work from the home situation during covid and even before, depending on the manager. There are a few good people there and they put a lot of effort into building a virtual employee experience. Often we had local and global all hands.

Cons

- Leadership often changes GTM strategies, which feels like 3-4 times a year. - Not truly a B2B enterprise software company, more of a software reseller trying to focus on the gross merchandise value (GMV) - Equity interest is low in the secondary market as the company is no longer hyper-growth and is now in debt financing rounds. - Top Talent and leadership have been leaving. Recruiting top talent is hard. - Shifted hiring to less talented regions (not SF) and the quality of new hires is subpar. - leaders that are left lack top tier tech experience and leadership - No WFM or adjusted Covid benefits ( no more in-office snacks or meals) - Still no 401K match- this is a 10 year + old company...

7 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee

Talk to Former Employees First

Nov 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some good people throughout the company. There is also great diversity and inclusion throughout the company. The all hands meetings are informative and fun. Dan Saks is a great charismatic leader and leads a very informative podcast.

Cons

The strategy changes often, causing very high turnover. There are also lots of leadership changes at AppDirect and AppSmart as the strategy changes almost monthly. The company tells a compelling story to hire employees in. So I highly suggest you do the research and talk to others on LinkedIn who recently left AppSmart or AppDirect to learn more about the culture and reasons for turnover before accepting a job here. AppSmart and AppDirect have very different cultures, even though they are both under the umbrella of AppDirect.

4 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Even unicorns have a few warts...

Feb 15, 2021 - Senior Marketing-Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working relationship with Sales; Accountability; Autonomy; Work Life Balance; Dan Saks' charisma

Cons

Ambiguous product roadmap; lacked insight, vision, and commitment to key verticals; infighting among marketing leadership

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working at AppDirect

Jan 19, 2021 - AppDirector in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is incredible. You won’t find one person at AD that isn’t a respectful and kind individual.

Cons

The product is truly ahead of its time. experience in tech won’t help you here - you learn something new everyday. This can be overwhelming for some, but everyone at the company is extremely intelligent.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start your career.

Oct 5, 2020 - Design Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, a great and stable company to work for. Great people.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities to innovate. It's very top-down managed.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Growing Global Company with Focus on Culture & Virtual Wellness

Aug 31, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The diverse global culture and shared values Fun activities including global talent show, olympics, and family day Leadership commitment to employees well-being and investment in peak performance and mental health awareness Mission driven business helping businesses transform

Cons

Like other tech companies working remote through July 2021

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Why I chose AppDirect over Venture Capital

Jul 30, 2019 - SDR Team Lead in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

// Mentorship - I went from minimal sales experience to setting up deals with some of the largest enterprise companies in the world. AppDirect has also given me a deep understanding of industries like ISV, Manufacturing, MSP/VAR, FinServ, Telco, etc. // View - 360 unobstructed view of San Francisco from the 25th floor (I’m writing this while looking at the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz) // Friends - I couldn’t wish for a more supportive and friendly work environment, even senior leadership has taken the time to get to know me personally // Flexibility - I’m given the freedom to take daily gym breaks and work from home when needed // Career Development - I get ~$,1500/yr to go to events, take classes, buy books, etc. as well as unlimited free access to Udemy courses // Salary - they pay is above market average (with an uncapped quota + accelerators) with significant career growth opportunities, 401K, fully covered health/dental // Enablement - I’d like to think we are the most enabled SDR team out there...AppDirect has invested in giving us world-class sales tools and marketing collateral, and hands-on training (making my job easier) // Andddd yes there’s free lunch every day and all the snacks/drinks you could want

Cons

We've had some turnover, but that's the nature of the industry. The reality is that we're getting invaluable experience.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Jul 19, 2019 - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good view Salad lunch every day Hot lunch on Friday The teams are still trying their hardest and are generally great Plenty of work to do Healthcare is decent only if you have no dependents.

Cons

Compensation is not competitive for any role in SF. The only promotions are for sycophants or those that threaten to leave after working themselves to death.There is no meritocracy at AppDirect. The leadership team does not provide any leadership. Management does not know how to coach their teams or make improvements for their teams. Leadership could not tell you what success for the company is. All the extra work from the lay offs last year is still with the remaining employees but with no increase in pay. HR does not take action on yearly feedback survey.

11 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

This is an "imaginary" unicorn

Apr 11, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Location, Office views, Remote Work, Snacks, Friday Lunch

Cons

Poor Management Weak Leadership Compensation not competitive with the market HR team is trying to improve things by letting people know things are improving. Basically doing nothing and just saying for the sake of it. Smart people not appreciated Sycophants promoted Lack of transparency No clear direction for success Lack of managers and leaders who are coaches. Newbies who are sycophants are promoted to managerial positions.

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 162 Reviews

AppDirect Reviews FAQs

AppDirect has an overall rating of 3.1 out of 5, based on over 288 reviews left anonymously by employees. 38% of employees would recommend working at AppDirect to a friend and 40% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -9% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AppDirect employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AppDirect. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

38% of AppDirect employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AppDirect 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AppDirect to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be compensation, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with AppDirect Job Seekers